Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Game crashes whenever I try to go to the valley

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    Not sure what else to suggest, unfortunately. Curious which iPad it is? Hay Day is not crashing on my iPad 4 Mini. I did have intermittent crashing on my iPhone 6 Plus, so I've stopped using that to play, but that phone is not liking life lately as it slows on every app. Time for a phone upgrade.
    iPad mini 5th generation. But, as I said, that one has no problem, not even when used over the hotspot of the phone. Don‘t really think the valley is worth buying a new phone, frankly.
    Greebie

Willowbrook Farm
    Level 232

Quote Originally Posted by Greebie0 View Post
    iPad mini 5th generation. But, as I said, that one has no problem, not even when used over the hotspot of the phone. Don‘t really think the valley is worth buying a new phone, frankly.
    Oh I have the same model, iPad mini 5 with 190 GB free space. No crashing here :/. However I am still on iOS 12.4.1 if that matters.

On iPad mini 2, upgrading software to iOS12 had slow down the game a lot, I don't play much on that one anymore.

Fresh Spawn

Valley.

It used to crash whenever I was going to the valley after having done something else, but if I reloaded the game after the crash, I could go there. Now, since the update, it crashes every time I touch the valley sign. No more access to the valley. iPhone 6
    Having same problem with iPhone 6 and iPad mini, looks as if will only work with iOS 13 and some of our devices are not compatible, so neighbourhood of 12 and few others may be saying goodbye to hayday as will not be upgrading devices yet. Will be looking at similar games that can work with iOS 12 and for age group from 5 to 50 years
    Last edited by Mickjane; 1 Week Ago at 06:13 AM.

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickjane View Post
    Having same problem with iPhone 6 and iPad mini, looks as if will only work with iOS 13 and some of our devices are not compatible, so neighbourhood of 12 and few others may be saying goodbye to hayday as will not be upgrading devices yet. Will be looking at similar games that can work with iOS 12 and for age group from 5 to 50 years
    Like meonhoc both my devices are still on iOS 12 and so far ok (knock on wood)
    iPhone 6s Plus: 12.3.1
    6th gen iPad: 12.4.1
    Hope my phone won’t be next!

I reread the thread and realise I misunderstood that iPad mini5 was causing issue , hence my previous post. My bad.

Out of curiosity, I open the lv 146 farm on iPad mini 2 today and experience crashing when tapping on Valley board. This gave me an opportunity to do some testing on that device and here is what I find (after closing all other apps in background):
    - switch my farm layout to the minimalist one (only essential items, no decoration)
    - tap on Valley board, can see it, can also move around, check sun tab, check valley shop....
    - as soon as I make a sudden move (move the layout too quickly, zoom out too quickly..), the game crashes but I can try again.

Both iPhone6 and iPad Mini 2 have 1GB RAM, so I am confident the cause of the crashing issues is not enough memory for the chipset to handle rendering and display, at the resolution allowed by the game, all the graphics of a farm.

This also reminds me a few years ago when I still play on a device with 512MB RAM, the game was real slow when I visited heavily decorated farms from friend list or via the DD. Since then, I developed a habit not to visit other farm if not necessary and became slowly self sufficient by myself. Worked well.

Unlike fishing lake or the town that are separated area of the game, when ones enter Valley, the layout of their farm are still kept in the device memory, it becomes too much for the game to handle --> game crash. The game might require only 1GB to run, but the 1GB available on a device is not fully reserved for the game. A part is allocated to the OS system, another to graphic cards to display the screen, then there are other apps neccessary for the device as well.

Well, all this makes me think that maybe at least 2GB RAM device would be better to allow Hay Day to run smoothly. Both my devices with 3GB RAM have not experienced crashing.

SmallChange, try having a minimalist layout with no decoration displayed and switch to that one before going to the Valley. It is not convenient but migth let you go there on iPhone 6.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Unfortunately, layout switches are not possible for people who want to keep their foxes
    Greebie

Willowbrook Farm
    Level 232

Oh the foxes!!! How could I forget them.

In this case might need to remove the other decorations from the layout in use. Switching layout is just a quick way to move stuff around.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

It used to crash whenever I was going to the valley after having done something else, but if I reloaded the game after the crash, I could go there. Now, since the update, it crashes every time I touch the valley sign. No more access to the valley. iPhone 6
    Yes same here even mine is iPhone 6. I’ve reported to their community people but still there’s no solution. They said we can’t help sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by patchan43 View Post
    I tried uninstall/reinstall the game but it crashed every time I tried to go into the valley. It happens on both data and wifi. Before the latest update, it used to stop crashing when I reloaded the game. Could you please fix the problem? Mine is iPhone 6.
    This happened to me as well. Still i can get into valley on iphone 6

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshiya21 View Post
    This happened to me as well. Still i can get into valley on iphone 6
    Try Meo's suggestion above of going minimalist and see if that helps.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner