Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do valks need some love again?

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.

Do valks need some love again?

I found that they arenít as useful at higher levels as they were at th8-10. Are they too weak or am I just not using them on the right base?

I really enjoyed when they were reworked; ripping apart a base with a dull or sharp battle axe is always fun!

If they are still useful, please post a replay; I would most appreciate that.

Edit: after reading a few posts, I have come to think that valks could use a modest HP increase due to them dying shortly after being deployed.

The biggest defensive hazards appear to be wizard towers, inferno towers, and scattershots. Of course walls are their biggest weakness, as it should be for any melee troop. The HP increase would help them to survive longer against most hazards, while still allowing them to get slowed by walls.

What do you guys think? Is a modest HP increase enough? Should it be more? Or are valks fine the way they are? Perhaps an alternative solution? Please let me know!

Edit 2: Some have stated that the AI of valks was changed so that they split up instead of sticking together. I was unaware that this had transpired.

Should they change the valks' AI to make it so that they stick together? Or is there a different problem? Should this be implemented with an HP buff as well. Please let us know! 😀
    Last edited by FearElemental; 1 Week Ago at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FearElemental View Post
    I found that they arenít as useful at higher levels as they were at th8-10. Are they too weak or am I just not using them on the right base?

I really enjoyed when they were reworked; ripping apart a base with a dull or sharp battle axe is always fun!

If they are still useful, please post a replay; I would most appreciate that.
    I only use them 5 in the wall wrecker with a giant tank, it's my suicide wrecker, takes out queen if around, but mainly takes out eagle and if i'm lucky, town hall also.

-me

I'm still using them at TH11 very successfully on most bases. Dang I can't remember the name of the strat... it's a couple years old but got better once siege machines were released. Starts with a queen walk, pull CC, AQ kills CC with help of poison. Rage the AQ/Healers if needed, very important she stays alive. King with a couple giants and wiz set the funnel. Wall wrecker up the center between queen and king, hopefully through the eagle, valks follow. Freeze infernos/eagle. Rage them ladies and they rip through the center. Bowlers in the SM. Heal them. Back end hogs for clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsJustMe View Post
    I only use them 5 in the wall wrecker with a giant tank, it's my suicide wrecker, takes out queen if around, but mainly takes out eagle and if i'm lucky, town hall also.

-me
    For that, I prefer 2 yeti, 1 ball and a barb.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    I'm still using them at TH11 very successfully on most bases. Dang I can't remember the name of the strat... it's a couple years old but got better once siege machines were released. Starts with a queen walk, pull CC, AQ kills CC with help of poison. Rage the AQ/Healers if needed, very important she stays alive. King with a couple giants and wiz set the funnel. Wall wrecker up the center between queen and king, hopefully through the eagle, valks follow. Freeze infernos/eagle. Rage them ladies and they rip through the center. Bowlers in the SM. Heal them. Back end hogs for clean up.
    Wasnt that a falcon variant?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Since TH13 with scattershots, they arent usefull. To much space for a troops who dies so fast. Its the amount of splash damage and solid walls and spring traps that made them useless.

Ive seen only one attack with valks because of an event in legend league. It went half decent (with yeti) but there was no chance ever to pull a 3 star.

The only use is to clear a small compartment in a Blimp, or triger skeleton traps around outside TH.

I’m sure given time they will come out with ‘supervalks’ or something silly like that.........

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Wasnt that a falcon variant?
    Yes! That was the name. I'm too lazy to learn something new. Besides, it works for me at TH10-11. What I described above is the most basic version I do, but I vary it a lot based on the target. Funnel troops change; bowlers, baby dragon, extra valk. Then if I can't pull the CC early using a hog then I'll route the queen behind the valks then freeze the CC until the queen catches up.

Valks just don’t survive long against scattershots and max walls. On top of that, they are very unpredictable and hard to path or support with spells. There was a brief golden age a few years ago where SC gave them enough of a health buff that they were OP for a while, then they got nerfed and haven’t been back in the meta since.

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsJustMe View Post

-me
    I used to do that a th11, but at th12 I find that they die too quickly to take out the core. Then yetis come out and that issue is sort of fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Very detailed description. I'll be sure to give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Since TH13 with scattershots, they arent usefull. To much space for a troops who dies so fast. Its the amount of splash damage and solid walls and spring traps that made them useless.

Ive seen only one attack with valks because of an event in legend league. It went half decent (with yeti) but there was no chance ever to pull a 3 star.

The only use is to clear a small compartment in a Blimp, or triger skeleton traps around outside TH.
    Agreed. Sad to see them reduced to a maid service.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    Iím sure given time they will come out with Ďsupervalksí or something silly like that.........
    I hope so, I think they need some love!

Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    Valks just donít survive long against scattershots and max walls. On top of that, they are very unpredictable and hard to path or support with spells. There was a brief golden age a few years ago where SC gave them enough of a health buff that they were OP for a while, then they got nerfed and havenít been back in the meta since.
    Yeah, level 4 and 2 got the emergency axe back then; it was a massive disappointment for me.
    Last edited by FearElemental; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:31 PM.