Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do valks need some love again?

Millennial Club
    I am still using Valks regularly at TH13, it is very effective against base design that placed most of their core defenses in one or two compartments inside.
    I use combination of Valks and Miners to destroy core of the base after I build funnel using QW on a side, then few troops (Ice Golems/Pekka and few WIzards) on another side. After funnel, send in WW, Valks, Miners, GW to the core, then BK and RC much later (otherwise it will caused distraction to GW, your troops and RC will die early).

Centennial Club
    you could argue valks got a buff with clone since thats one of the only troop size that benefits from the jump from 30-33 (super wb is also in the same boat). in general theyre the best for mowing down small ground mobs in the castle and skeletons, other than that they are overshined by other melee troops.

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorValerie View Post
    you could argue valks got a buff with clone since thats one of the only troop size that benefits from the jump from 30-33 (super wb is also in the same boat). in general theyre the best for mowing down small ground mobs in the castle and skeletons, other than that they are overshined by other melee troops.
    And I won’t need to worry about the spell wearing off too. I’ll give it a try.
    1) I sometimes bring 30 wall breakers to my raids, no lie. Half the walls in the base are destroyed, all it takes is one, maybe 2 rages. Maybe they need a nerf instead of <insert troop here>?

2) ďA picture is worth a thousand words.Ē A replay of an attack is worth a lot more.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I am still using Valks regularly at TH13, it is very effective against base design that placed most of their core defenses in one or two compartments inside.
    I use combination of Valks and Miners to destroy core of the base after I build funnel using QW on a side, then few troops (Ice Golems/Pekka and few WIzards) on another side. After funnel, send in WW, Valks, Miners, GW to the core, then BK and RC much later (otherwise it will caused distraction to GW, your troops and RC will die early).
    Hmm, valks with miners to the core, interesting. Does it usually get you a 3 star or does it end up being a high percentage 2 star? Either way, I’ll give it a try.
    Last edited by FearElemental; June 29th, 2020 at 02:24 AM.
    1) I sometimes bring 30 wall breakers to my raids, no lie. Half the walls in the base are destroyed, all it takes is one, maybe 2 rages. Maybe they need a nerf instead of <insert troop here>?

2) ďA picture is worth a thousand words.Ē A replay of an attack is worth a lot more.

Forum Legend
    I find scatters make valks mostly useless.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by FearElemental View Post
    Hmm, valks with miners to the core, interesting. Does it usually get you a 3 star or does it end up being a high percentage 2 star? Either way, I’ll give it a try.
    On the right base design, 3 stars most of the time.
    The base design is the main weakness for such strategy since with Valks you need to keep them together and to destroy core defenses fast, so it isn't good strategy against wider base design, or design that placed buildings 2 tiles apart from each other.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by FearElemental View Post
    I found that they arenít as useful at higher levels as they were at th8-10. Are they too weak or am I just not using them on the right base?

I really enjoyed when they were reworked; ripping apart a base with a dull or sharp battle axe is always fun!

If they are still useful, please post a replay; I would most appreciate that.
    They say, you need high levels of funneling for Valks so that, they have nowhere to go apart from where you want them to go, meaning you destroy every single building apart from that...

This also means, that if you can funnel Valks perfectly, consider your funneling skills to be good enough for any other attack. If you can force all Valks into a slot, you're bound to get value, but you need to do it right and need lot of practice. But I'm more comfortable with BoWitch, PEKKA and E Drag
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

As long as that "love" isn't in the form of another level, I agree. I liked valks more when they were slow and more tanky. Wouldn't mind if they slightly reduced the attack speed and increased their HP by at least 200-250.

Pro Member
    Thanks for the tips guys! I think they still need a slight hp increase.

Forum Veteran
    Or reduce the housing from 8 to 6
    Similar to old bowler
    Valk isn't on par with miner / bowler

They need to reach the target
    Witch . Bowler . Yeti . Miner . Hog . Loon . Drag . Edrag . Almost most of troop capable of 3 star at th13 can reach the target without breaking the wall

And wall at high level is too much for valk