Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do valks need some love again?

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloB View Post
    Maybe theyíll be next for a Buff
    I hope so!

Pro Member
    I have updated the first post regarding the AI of the valks. Please let me know if the AI needs to be changed, if it's not enough, or if there's a different problem with them.

The falcon strat was used on occasion at th12...not often, but was viable on the right base.
    Valks work best on bases that are compact (structures close together) and with few walls to get through.
    If you can use 4 quakes and a jump to open up a base, or 8 quakes to do the same, valks could work (though that's a lot of spell real estate to open up a base).
    Ever since the edragon update, a lot of people have changed their base layouts to be less compact, thus reducing the effect of valks & edrags.

The biggest problems with valks are: low hp, have a habit of splitting off in groups of twos & threes where they are easily picked off by the defenses, and take too long to get through walls.

When talking about buffing the valks, how does one do this without making them overpowered?
    Too little of an hp increase and nothing; but too much and overpowered.
    Make them not split off into smaller groups where they easily get picked off? This would also maje them overpowered and I think this was the reason SC coded them to split off (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Walls? Increase the damage they do to walls? If so, why not make every ground troop do extra damage to walls? Not gonna happen.

Honestly, I can't see any buff to them that would not make them overpowered. They do need some love as they are one of my favorite troops, but it would be a difficult task to buff them and still keep them balanced.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    The falcon strat was used on occasion at th12...not often, but was viable on the right base.
    Valks work best on bases that are compact (structures close together) and with few walls to get through.
    If you can use 4 quakes and a jump to open up a base, or 8 quakes to do the same, valks could work (though that's a lot of spell real estate to open up a base).
    Ever since the edragon update, a lot of people have changed their base layouts to be less compact, thus reducing the effect of valks & edrags.

The biggest problems with valks are: low hp, have a habit of splitting off in groups of twos & threes where they are easily picked off by the defenses, and take too long to get through walls.

When talking about buffing the valks, how does one do this without making them overpowered?
    Make them not split off into smaller groups where they easily get picked off? This would also maje them overpowered and I think this was the reason SC coded them to split off (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    Walls? Increase the damage they do to walls? If so, why not make every ground troop do extra damage to walls? Not gonna happen.

Honestly, I can't see any buff to them that would not make them overpowered. They do need some love as they are one of my favorite troops, but it would be a difficult task to buff them and still keep them balanced.
    You don't have to think what or how to do
    Actually it's devs job
    They would do what they see fit (valk for example)

Many options to buff valk .. to make it viable

Any viable troop in the right hand is looks OP

At th13 already i see so many variety of strats viable

Do valk need some buff to make them viable at higher level ... Yes they need it
    I'd very like to see them got buff
    But I'm happy with how viable ground and air troop right now at TH13

Quote Originally Posted by FearElemental View Post
    I found that they arenít as useful at higher levels as they were at th8-10. Are they too weak or am I just not using them on the right base?

I really enjoyed when they were reworked; ripping apart a base with a dull or sharp battle axe is always fun!

If they are still useful, please post a replay; I would most appreciate that.

Edit: after reading a few posts, I have come to think that valks could use a modest HP increase due to them dying shortly after being deployed.

The biggest defensive hazards appear to be wizard towers, inferno towers, and scattershots. Of course walls are their biggest weakness, as it should be for any melee troop. The HP increase would help them to survive longer against most hazards, while still allowing them to get slowed by walls.

What do you guys think? Is a modest HP increase enough? Should it be more? Or are valks fine the way they are? Perhaps an alternative solution? Please let me know!

Edit 2: Some have stated that the AI of valks was changed so that they split up instead of sticking together. I was unaware that this had transpired.

Should they change the valks' AI to make it so that they stick together? Or is there a different problem? Should this be implemented with an HP buff as well. Please let us know! 
    Yes, indeed. They have completely fallen out of rotation at TH12 and 13. Supercell needs to buff them up to make them relevant again. Using valks required skills unlike the spammy yetis 😬.
    My CoC Profile

Valks need about 3 more levels to be decent. They always feel like they are always a couple levels from being useable. Maybe make their attack a wider AE damage effect, like hit buildings a tile or so away also.
    Last edited by Micker99; 5 Days Ago at 07:11 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post

Seems you are more in favor of a modest hp buff as opposed to anything else from what I can understand from your very informative post.

As for the AI, I don't know if they went out of the way like that to weaken valks, when they could've been more direct like decreasing their HP or DPS. This is my second preferred option, if buffing their hp doesn't work.

As for walls, I completely agree. To add, we already have tools like jump to deal with walls, as well as a lot of troops that are straight up immune to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    You don't have to think what or how to do
    Actually it's devs job
    They would do what they see fit (valk for example)

Many options to buff valk .. to make it viable

Any viable troop in the right hand is looks OP

At th13 already i see so many variety of strats viable

Do valk need some buff to make them viable at higher level ... Yes they need it
    I'd very like to see them got buff
    But I'm happy with how viable ground and air troop right now at TH13
    Glad to see we are mostly on the same page. Keep in mind that by posting feedback here, we are helping the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by BHooter View Post
    Yes, indeed. They have completely fallen out of rotation at TH12 and 13. Supercell needs to buff them up to make them relevant again. Using valks required skills unlike the spammy yetis ��.
    I hope they still do require some skill; I feel we need to pour in less resources in our attack to get value from them.
    Last edited by FearElemental; 5 Days Ago at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BHooter View Post
    Yes, indeed. They have completely fallen out of rotation at TH12 and 13. Supercell needs to buff them up to make them relevant again. Using valks required skills unlike the spammy yetis ��.
    Wow. Just wow. Valks are now skill troops? In their prime, they were very much like yetis. Generalists that you tried to guide through the base. And they have been called spam many a time. If they get a buff, expect the spam calls to come back. Because they were, and would be, a spammy kind of attack. Doesnt bother me. I attack with 4 healers, 2 wiz, and rest yetis.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22