Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fishing area balance. Lures, nets and traps vs. Spots.

Fishing area balance. Lures, nets and traps vs. Spots.

Level 59 here.
    With 8 spots, I can't produce enough lure and traps to utilize all spots. My lures and trap makers are always producing (4 slots), except maybe a few hours downtime when I sleep.

I would have zero lures, nets and traps and would always have a spot or two available. Why would it be necessary to unlock the remaining fishing spots?

How many spots did you open up in the netmaker and lure workbench? Looks like your sleeping downtime is not being used well.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    Why would it be necessary to unlock the remaining fishing spots?
    Some of the fish species are available only in certain spots, so if those spots are not open you won't be able to catch them. Some players don't mind that, of course; it's not necessary to catch them all, but some players like completeness.

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Based on your level, I would assume that you have not fully mastered your fishing machines yet (15% faster). So that would require one or two spots more.

Also, if you play less often, you need more spots. I have 8 slots in my lure and net makers so if I fish twice a day, I would need 16 spots.

Then there are derby and valley tasks (+events) in which the faster you can fish, the better.

Also, at some point you'll have expansion materials more than you need or want. So it's better to use them something even remotely useful.

I have opened all 15 holes on all my farms. My lure and net makers have each 5 slots. What i do, is saving lures, nets and traps for valley tasks.. i dont need all that many fillets. I can always shoo away a boat or truck. My townies get most of what they want, if their requests are reasonable. To me, the system works fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    Level 59 here.
    With 8 spots, I can't produce enough lure and traps to utilize all spots. My lures and trap makers are always producing (4 slots), except maybe a few hours downtime when I sleep.

I would have zero lures, nets and traps and would always have a spot or two available. Why would it be necessary to unlock the remaining fishing spots?
    I would open all spots as you go higher you will need sll the spots for the various cooking itiems i am always using all my spots once your net/duck trap/lobster maker is mastered things become a little easier to make them plus dont forget you can request lures from your hood mates to just a thought but it might be worth creating a mini farm and unlocking the fishing area just to create lures etc for your main farm fishing area thats what i did
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks