Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is Saturday a holiday for supercell workers

Is Saturday a holiday for supercell workers

Is Saturday a holiday for supercell employee just curious to know

Quote Originally Posted by Jatin88 View Post
    What is your idea of a 'holiday'...
    According to Oxford:
    noun
    an extended period of leisure and recreation, especially one spent away from home or in travelling.

I doubt they'll be away from home during every weekend ....

If your question is if SuperCell employees normally don't work on weekends, I'd say that would be correct for most of them - depending on their task and contractual obligations?

Also: This would be for the staff in Europe and the US. To be honest, I wouldn't know about the Shanghai and Seoul offices...

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    For most staff, weekends (both Saturday & Sunday) are not normally working days. But as with all companies who have a 24/7 business, some staff will have to work. And when there is some urgent necessity, some who don't normally will be working.

And of course there are people working in support 24/7, but that is contracted out, not directly Supercell staff.

Centennial Club
    This Saturday? All Saturdays? Or do you mean next Saturday?

I hope you are not assuming every country in the world celebrates the United States Declaration of Independence against the British Empire which officially (formally?) started a war?

I believe SC is based in a Scandinavian country and allows its employees to take national holidays of their country of origin. I suspect SC does not celebrate the US holiday company wide.
    Last edited by JD4U; June 27th, 2020 at 06:05 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post

I believe SC is based in a Scandinavian country...
    Just to clarify, Supercell is based in Finland. "Scandinavia" is commonly used for Norway, Denmark and Sweden. The term "Nordic countries" refers to the Scandinavian countries and Finland and Iceland, as well as a some other associated territories.

Finland follows its own holiday pattern - the most recent was a celebration of midsummer, which seems like a great idea to me!
    Last edited by Cowslips; June 27th, 2020 at 06:16 PM.

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Centennial Club
    Thanks for the correction. My calendar did not list another other nearby holiday, but that is the limitations of the App

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    For most staff, weekends (both Saturday & Sunday) are not normally working days. But as with all companies who have a 24/7 business, some staff will have to work. And when there is some urgent necessity, some who don't normally will be working.

And of course there are people working in support 24/7, but that is contracted out, not directly Supercell staff.
    What about the help and support staff?? And in the working hours are they available 24/7 or just day time of finland?? I need some help and support urgent but didnt got soo i thought it would be better to ask out here.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    What about the help and support staff?? And in the working hours are they available 24/7 or just day time of finland?? I need some help and support urgent but didnt got soo i thought it would be better to ask out here.
    Why ask that question in direct response to a post giving the answer?

If you are going to quote a post, you should read it.

Try using the Bat Phone.. thats what Commissioner Gordon does.
    Other than that, you are likely in a queue with all the other maybe thousands of support requests, so could be waiting a while.
    Good luck on getting your issue sorted.

no offense but nothing is that urgent and sc reply to messages as quick as they can but understandbly theres a delay in responses due to the on going covid 19 situation just be patient as sc will be in touch as soon as they can dont forget they get inundated with messages on a daily basis in general replies are usually within 24 to 72 hours somtimes quicker somtimes slower as long as you have a open ticket a response will come from support
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks