Results 1 to 9 of 9

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Idea: Bonuses for clan leaders

  1. #1
    The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    42

    Idea: Bonuses for clan leaders

    Hey guys, Mordred here

    I came up with this idea last night while I was trying to go to sleep. I am the leader of my clan, roundtablenight, and its been great and all. However, there isn't really a reason to be anything other than a member in a clan. You dont' get any special perks or stuff. All you can do is kick and start clan wars, which if you are in an active clan is going to happen anyway cause the leader will do it.

    So I thought that there could be a clan shop. You could open it by clicking on the banner that is next to the clan games guy. There would be potions, books, runes, loot, etc that you could buy with clan points. However, everything is not unlocked at a lvl 1 clan. As your clan gets to higher lvls, more items are unlocked and stuff that is already unlocked goes down in price.

    You would get clan points by being in a position in a clan. You would get one point per week for being a member, 2 per week for elder, 4 per week for co-leader, and 6 per week for leader. You can spend these points on the items in the clan shop.

    Also, there would have to be a limit put in place of how many people can be in a certain position in your clan. Else most leaders would just make everyone a co-leader. So, there would be one leader, 9 co-leaders max, 20 elders max, and the rest members. This would make it where people would actually try hard to get a higher ranking cause they would get more points.

    Tell me what you think!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by calebford63 View Post
    Hey guys, Mordred here

    I came up with this idea last night while I was trying to go to sleep. I am the leader of my clan, roundtablenight, and its been great and all. However, there isn't really a reason to be anything other than a member in a clan. You dont' get any special perks or stuff. All you can do is kick and start clan wars, which if you are in an active clan is going to happen anyway cause the leader will do it.

    So I thought that there could be a clan shop. You could open it by clicking on the banner that is next to the clan games guy. There would be potions, books, runes, loot, etc that you could buy with clan points. However, everything is not unlocked at a lvl 1 clan. As your clan gets to higher lvls, more items are unlocked and stuff that is already unlocked goes down in price.

    You would get clan points by being in a position in a clan. You would get one point per week for being a member, 2 per week for elder, 4 per week for co-leader, and 6 per week for leader. You can spend these points on the items in the clan shop.

    Also, there would have to be a limit put in place of how many people can be in a certain position in your clan. Else most leaders would just make everyone a co-leader. So, there would be one leader, 9 co-leaders max, 20 elders max, and the rest members. This would make it where people would actually try hard to get a higher ranking cause they would get more points.

    Tell me what you think!
    What you want to say is that you want extra stuff which i don't think is needed as there are already many magic items and loot available.
    Putting a limit on no. of co and elders is a nice idea.

  3. #3
    The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    42
    While I do want more stuff, that not really it. The reason I thought up of this is because there isn't really an incentive to be a leader or co-leader or elder in a clan. You are basically a glorified member who can start wars. Doesn't really change anything.

  4. #4
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by calebford63 View Post
    While I do want more stuff, that not really it. The reason I thought up of this is because there isn't really an incentive to be a leader or co-leader or elder in a clan. You are basically a glorified member who can start wars. Doesn't really change anything.

    In my experience, the folks who need to be incentivized to lead tend to not be very good leaders. the reward for leading is something internal that no amount of goodies can replace IMO.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  5. #5
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,488
    Quote Originally Posted by calebford63 View Post
    While I do want more stuff, that not really it. The reason I thought up of this is because there isn't really an incentive to be a leader or co-leader or elder in a clan. You are basically a glorified member who can start wars. Doesn't really change anything.
    Which in my own opinion is a good thing! The game does not need more clans, in my opinion. Let me ask you this. if there really is "no incentive" as you say, then why are so many people starting up new clans? If "no incentive" for Co-Leader, then why do so many request, and at times even demand, that promotion? If anything, I vote to possibly remove incentives from both, we have too many now. Rewarding players to be happily simply as members, and not rewarding Leaders nor Co's makes more sense to me personally. Players can survive a clan dying (simply go to another clan), yet a clan cannot survive without members. If you are going to cater to a population, cater to those the game most depends upon.
    Last edited by rowman; June 26th, 2020 at 07:53 PM.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by calebford63 View Post
    While I do want more stuff, that not really it. The reason I thought up of this is because there isn't really an incentive to be a leader or co-leader or elder in a clan. You are basically a glorified member who can start wars. Doesn't really change anything.
    If you think that, then you probably aren't doing a good job of leading your clan.

    Starting wars is not only not the only additional "benefit" the leader has, it isn't even one, since co-leaders can do that.

    The leader is the one who controls the clan. He is the only one with the power to demote/kick co-leaders. And it should be the leader who sets the tone, who controls what the clan feels like.

    If all of that is not "incentive" enough for you, then I suggest you probably aren't leader material, and it may be best to hand over leadership to somebody who would appreciate it.

  7. #7
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    If you think that, then you probably aren't doing a good job of leading your clan.

    Starting wars is not only not the only additional "benefit" the leader has, it isn't even one, since co-leaders can do that.

    The leader is the one who controls the clan. He is the only one with the power to demote/kick co-leaders. And it should be the leader who sets the tone, who controls what the clan feels like.

    If all of that is not "incentive" enough for you, then I suggest you probably aren't leader material, and it may be best to hand over leadership to somebody who would appreciate it.
    I don't understand why you commented on someone's ability. He gave an idea you should limit it to that. How the thing becomes about that person I don't understand.

    You are a Moderator expected some criticism on the idea than on the nature of person.


    Agreed with rowman. It would lead to people to open new clans leaving no players to join as members.

  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahilagg8901 View Post
    I don't understand why you commented on someone's ability. He gave an idea you should limit it to that. How the thing becomes about that person I don't understand.

    You are a Moderator expected some criticism on the idea than on the nature of person.
    I didn't comment on his ability, and it wasn't about the person. It was about the thought processes involved in the idea.

    If you feel you need incentives to be a clan leader, then it is unlikely you will be a good one.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by calebford63 View Post
    While I do want more stuff, that not really it. The reason I thought up of this is because there isn't really an incentive to be a leader or co-leader or elder in a clan. You are basically a glorified member who can start wars. Doesn't really change anything.
    Your idea means smaller clans. Why would anyone stay in a clan if there are maxed CO/elders?

    Players will still want CO for the points and those clans that promote solely on donations will have a tough time once they max their leadership spots. You also didn't talk about how many points are needed for these rewards.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; June 26th, 2020 at 10:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •