Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I run a small clan for close friends. (maybe rant?)

Question I run a small clan for close friends. (maybe rant?)

I run a small clan and i like it the way it is. I also get a section of my chat everyday when i log in that tells me that i should find a new clan. There is no option to make it go away and its pretty intrusive while reading my chat.

"Its pretty quiet in here. Maybe its time to find a new Clan?"

No, i dont want to find a new clan. No i dont want to have an intrusive message in my chat every time i log in. I dont know if anybody will see this or care at all considering everybody else that plays the game is typically in a large clan and plays the game at more of a normal pace than i do, but in the rare chance that a developer sees this... Please make it so i can at least make it go away, and not have scroll up every time i wanna read something my friend says or posts in the chat. I play on a Note 8, so its not like its a tiny screen. Though its not a tablet, what i would assume most people play on.

Thanks
    -InvertedSun of The Black Hole clan

Centennial Club
    Is Supercell trying to encourage low activity clan closures?
    Last edited by JD4U; June 26th, 2020 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    Is Supercell trying to encourage low activity clan closures?
    This was also my concern when I logged onto one of my accounts parked at the mothballed clan I have.

Whilst I dont have a problem with them coaxing active players to go find a more active clan, thereby helping with the recruitment problems, I do wish to retain that dormant clan for future use.

Maybe my worries are unfounded, as I have seen no mention of any plans to wrap up low activity clans.
    But a prompt to jump ship seems like a waste of the code which will have been written, if it is simply to suggest something that will be obvious to anyone residing in such a clan, as I'm sure those folk will be aware that they can leave any time.

Maybe this is one of the ways they're trying to improve the recruitment tool!
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes

It's very passive aggressive the way it stays there. At least make it go away when read...
    Game Name: Soulbane
    Since: 03 September 2012
    Clan: Trix Warriors

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulbane View Post
    It's very passive aggressive the way it stays there. At least make it go away when read...
    Would it be visible to new members? Hope not :-)

It's really kind of a stupid message. Clan chat is what people make it. To encourage people to leave because there's not much chatting is silly. Why not encourage them to chat if that is so important?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes

OP here

I've found new info leading to this message that may be valuable.
    Its seems if more than one person doesn't talk in the clan chat then this message will show up. I see that anti AFK clan problem, this is not how you fix it because there are active clans that don't speak in clan chat.

I was in a larger clan a while back and they only communicated through a 3rd party app. They do this because you can't get notifications of someone chatting to you or in the clan in general. So the chat was always empty except for the occasional donation request. Mostly pump farming like i do, so don't really need troops.

This is my experience, thanks for the read.
    -InvertedSun of The Black Hole clan

Centennial Club
    Not quite the same, but annoying:

One of my clans has says with no chat. Every time I log on to one of my Th7s it shows 98-99 missed chats (red icon with number). I press it and there is no new chat. With less than 10 active members there hasnít been 98-99 donation requests either. Especially since I log on again within 15 minutes or so.

This doesnít happen on the busier clan with my 10, 12, and 13. The red icon with number is usually accurate.

I think you should make a new post in the bug section of the forum, so it gets more attention than just under my nagging about a small feature lol.