Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: LIGHTENING SPELL is broken at TH10

Centennial Club

LIGHTENING SPELL is broken at TH10

I'm a TH10 with max air defense, hidden tesla's, and air sweepers. Half my air mines and air bombs are also maxed, everything else is 1 level below max. I got 3 starred today in multiplayer by another TH10 with an army of 12 level 5 dragons, 11 level 7 lightening spells and mid level BK and AQ.

They just killed the relevant defenses with the 11 lightening spells and spammed all the dragons from 1 side of the base. That was it. No tactics, no skill, nothing. And they only lost 2 or 3 dragons in the process!

Look, I still love COC, and I continue to spend money on it and recommend it to others, but when an update allows 3 star attacks that my cat could pull off, I think it's a problem. I sincerely hope this gets fixed in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre1786 View Post
    I'm a TH10 with max air defense, hidden tesla's, and air sweepers. Half my air mines and air bombs are also maxed, everything else is 1 level below max. I got 3 starred today in multiplayer by another TH10 with an army of 12 level 5 dragons, 11 level 7 lightening spells and mid level BK and AQ.

They just killed the relevant defenses with the 11 lightening spells and spammed all the dragons from 1 side of the base. That was it. No tactics, no skill, nothing. And they only lost 2 or 3 dragons in the process!

Look, I still love COC, and I continue to spend money on it and recommend it to others, but when an update allows 3 star attacks that my cat could pull off, I think it's a problem. I sincerely hope this gets fixed in the next update.
    I don't know it if is OP at th10 or not, but I do know I wouldn't make my decision based on one attack.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Millennial Club
    I'd say they are definitely better than before.

Centennial Club
    clan castle and queen probably can defend against it pretty well of course those things are much less common to be up in multiplayer. another question is queen level if it was up, the queen does massive damage but only if its a high level. and another major note is base design, were your infernos with air defenses and sweepers? 11 lightning means 4400 damage at th 10 so its cant be done on too much if it was spread out a bit, the current climate of this game is that you cant defend against everything so regardless of how you change your base there will be a new team ready to stomp your new base.

Centennial Club
    Not in Reddit and never will be. #Wearenotredditforumers!
    What where you IT and xBow configurations,
    and are they right next to your ADs? This is really relevant, because if they where multi and ground, then I don't think it's a case of drags being OP but your base being weak to drags. If Zap-drags were wiping a base that was set to single and air, only then do I think we need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre1786 View Post

Thanks, I was looking for a new strategy for my th10 mini. I’ll have to upgrade my Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Thanks, I was looking for a new strategy for my th10 mini. Iíll have to upgrade my Lightning.
    I'm on the same position. Thank you for your post! Now I'm going to do only lightnings and drags 👍
    Last edited by RobertoGrc; June 26th, 2020 at 06:34 PM.

I use dragons in war with one of my th10s, typically with bats for single infernos and rage/freeze for multi. It was already pretty strong. I'm going to change it up this war and try all zaps and see how it goes. I've tried it a few times on FCs and seems strong. Sweeper position, queen position and bows up makes a big difference as usual with drag attacks.

It is common for each new hall released, especially by the time that hall is fully released, that lower halls get easier to 3 star. I expect th10 to be easier to 3 star now with higher level sieges and cc troops, whether the new meta changes to zaps or not.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I use dragons in war with one of my th10s, typically with bats for single infernos and rage/freeze for multi. It was already pretty strong. I'm going to change it up this war and try all zaps and see how it goes. I've tried it a few times on FCs and seems strong. Sweeper position, queen position and bows up makes a big difference as usual with drag attacks.

It is common for each new hall released, especially by the time that hall is fully released, that lower halls get easier to 3 star. I expect th10 to be easier to 3 star now with higher level sieges and cc troops, whether the new meta changes to zaps or not.
    Oh yes, those siege machines should make a difference as well.

Just like TH8 and TH9 things are getting easier with every new TH release, you need to move on if you want it to be tougher.