Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Inferno Dragon. Useless on offence - way too powerful on defense

Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    Level 74 queen has 3350 health and she was just under half health, so maybe 1500 hp, before scattershot hit which is 546

she had healers which more than counteract cannon hits

ID must have done about 1000 damage in less than 1 second, which is close to its full power of 1600 dps

looks buggy to me

Does anyone know how many seconds it should take for ID to power up fully?
    Watching it again looks like the id did come out blazing. However this is the first I have saw of them so I'm not sure of them. Could be buggy but the queen was at 33% health at best. More towards a quarter. Using a queens ability around a scatter shot is almost useless. The spawned archers attack shots still. I would have to see a few other examples to come to any conclusions.

Tried it in Try mode for Inferno Dragon and seems like it builds up damage even when it's going towards target (before starting to attack). You can check it too. Drop one ID right next to Inferno tower and you'll see that ID dies first. While for other instance, drop it a bit far from Inferno tower's range while still aiming at Inferno Tower. Even though Inferno tower starts to attack first, the ID will survive in this case.

Am not convinced with them..
    first time for supers after reading how OP they are on defence..
    If I hadnt spent 60k dark on them. they would already be under tarpaulin.

i did find they did okay in tandem with headhunters for ground attacks/QW..
    But crystal 2 is eddies playground, so there are better options.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; July 5th, 2020 at 08:03 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Tried it in Try mode for Inferno Dragon and seems like it builds up damage even when it's going towards target (before starting to attack). You can check it too. Drop one ID right next to Inferno tower and you'll see that ID dies first. While for other instance, drop it a bit far from Inferno tower's range while still aiming at Inferno Tower. Even though Inferno tower starts to attack first, the ID will survive in this case.
    Does the same for me. Did you post it in the Bugs subforum?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by eTrey View Post
    Tried that as well. Same result as the both of you. Looks like the beam starts the increased damage timer when the target is acquired, not when the ID starts firing.

Centennial Club
    this changes my opinion of them for offense if this is the intended case. i was using mainly freeze and inferno dragons and didnt notice any sort of build up, but i guess the second charge is longer than i originally thought and thats why i didnt see anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by eTrey View Post
    No. Unless I'm using it in attacks or defense and find it annoying, I'm not going to be the one bothering devs to change it. Just brought it to light that it can be clearly seen something is not clearly defined how charge build up takes place for ID. If no one has explanation for it, then it'll lead to Bugs subforum indeed.

Millennial Club
    if this is the case it must be a bug. inferno beam should charge up, while no beam there should be no charge.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    ... It appears that it did not have any charge time, but rather started at full charge. .. Needless to say, this is a huge bug.
    Video Below:
    Approved! You can tell from the "size" of the ID's beam that it starts fully charged on the queen, it starts with maximum DPS.
    Thats indeed a serious bug and you should post this - along with the video and the exact time of that attack in the Bug Report Forum so SC can investigate as your post now have been buried in a balance discussion thread.

-- marrvin
    Disclaimer: I do not work for SuperCell. I am not related to SuperCell in any way. I do not state any facts. All statement published by me are my opinions based on observations or just my guesses.

Centennial Club

Inferno Baby Dragon Bugged

After discussion with members of this forum and review of a few videos, it is apparent that the inferno dragon is bugged. It appears to start the “warm-up timer” when the inferno dragon acquires a target, NOT when it actually starts firing its beam. This leads to the ID often starting out firing at maximum dps rather than having any warm-up time.

Proof 1: Go to practice mode, drop an inferno dragon right next to the left inferno tower. They both start firing simultaneously, but the inferno tower wins. Now start a new practice game. Drop an inferno drag at the gold mines on the left to clear them out, then drop an inferno drag as far away as possible and still have it target the inferno. Even though the inferno starts firing first, the inferno drag starts on full dps and wins with about half-hp remaining.

Proof 2: https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=ZIQmWgspbqI

Needless to say, this is a HUGE bug, especially for defensive CCs vs queenwalks.