Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Inferno Dragon. Useless on offence - way too powerful on defense

Centennial Club

Inferno Dragon. Useless on offence - way too powerful on defense

I tried the inferno dragon super troop on one of my accounts. I have not been impressed with it on offence. Takes about 7 seconds to take down a storage where a regular baby dragon takes about 10 seconds. Not that big a difference, even on a large HP item that lets the beam grow.

But on defense - WOW! There must be a completely different algorithm. One knocked my full health level 73 archer queen from 3310 HP to 0 in 2 seconds with 5 healers on her. She also had a archer tower hitting her - the healers more than account for the archer tower. So the inferno dragon alone did over 1700 HP damage per second! And no warm up period. I think this may be too OP supercell. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3A_WMIgK8

I said it would be too OP on defense in the sneak peek.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmermark View Post
    I tried the inferno dragon super troop on one of my accounts. I have not been impressed with it on offence. Takes about 7 seconds to take down a storage where a regular baby dragon takes about 10 seconds. Not that big a difference, even on a large HP item that lets the beam grow.
    Sounds about right when you compare 15 housing space to 10 housing space.
    The more HP the buildings has, the more effective Inferno Dragon is gonna be, just need 2 of them to destroy the TH of a TH13.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmermark View Post
    But on defense - WOW! There must be a completely different algorithm. One knocked my full health level 73 archer queen from 3310 HP to 0 in 2 seconds with 5 healers on her. She also had a archer tower hitting her - the healers more than account for the archer tower. So the inferno dragon alone did over 1700 HP damage per second! And no warm up period. I think this may be too OP supercell.
    It's strong for defense, but not OP. There is this element of surprise since not many players will realize the damage that Inferno Dragon will deal. Over time, players will know and adjust their strategy to counter defensive Inferno Drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Sounds about right when you compare 15 housing space to 10 housing space.
    The more HP the buildings has, the more effective Inferno Dragon is gonna be, just need 2 of them to destroy the TH of a TH13.

It's strong for defense, but not OP. There is this element of surprise since not many players will realize the damage that Inferno Dragon will deal. Over time, players will know and adjust their strategy to counter defensive Inferno Drag.
    I have no ways of testing this, but does poison slow down the accumulation of Inferno Dragon's damage?
    Last edited by maximooze007; June 26th, 2020 at 04:48 AM.

Centennial Club
    that looks bugged from what your video shows, neither offense nor defense should the inferno dragon start with a fully charged beam. i can see why you would draw a conclusion like that from this replay

Quote Originally Posted by CorValerie View Post
    that looks bugged from what your video shows, neither offense nor defense should the inferno dragon start with a fully charged beam. i can see why you would draw a conclusion like that from this replay
    Until you mentioned I didn't watch the replay, what the hell was that? It doesn't look like an initial 75 damage and accumulating up, looks like its already fully loaded to melt down troops.
    Last edited by maximooze007; June 26th, 2020 at 05:03 AM.

Looks like a bug indeed. She doesn’t die that quickly in my attacks.

The only time the ID has been annoying for me is hound + ID. Then you need a well timed freeze + poison to deal with it while not having to pop your ability.

If you’re under heavy fire already and then encounter this cc.. yea you’re in trouble. Will need 1 or 2 rage then as well.

If that's a bug, then I should probably fall down to Gold League and expect I won't encounter that so I can relax for a bit, until things calm down.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    I have no ways of testing this, but does poison slow down the accumulation of Inferno Dragon's damage?
    I don't think so.
    Poison slow down attack speed (or the hit speed), not the Damage per Hit.
    So for Inferno Dragon case, I think it only slows down speed of changing target, but once engaged the damage will not slow down.

In OP video is definitely a bug, no way Inferno Drag dealing such high damage right from the start. I did a war raid and the Inferno Dragon damage against my AQ isn't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I don't think so.
    Poison slow down attack speed (or the hit speed), not the Damage per Hit.
    So for Inferno Dragon case, I think it only slows down speed of changing target, but once engaged the damage will not slow down.

In OP video is definitely a bug, no way Inferno Drag dealing such high damage right from the start. I did a war raid and the Inferno Dragon damage against my AQ isn't like that.
    Oh my god... that would be a total dilemma to bring a freeze, a zap, or another piece of poison...