Thread: Custom Clan Ranks

Custom Clan Ranks

I was thinking it would be nice to have a revamp of the clan promotion system. Clans have been updated recently and look different, but the role and promotion systems have stayed almost exactly the same for a long time.

What I was thinking is to have a system where the leader or maybe even co leaders can create and delete custom ranks for the clan instead of only having 3 divisions of power. I just find it weird when someone does something really promotion worthy, but I dont quite feel that they should go straight from Elder to Co-Leader. Maybe with the custom rank system, even turn Elder from a state of power to just a veteran type rank.

Within the ranks and stuff, there could also be custom access to certain powers, like to turn off the ability to kick people, or to create a role solely for starting war. What do you guys think?

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I wish I could give a higher rank to more active people instead of having so many co-leaders, and with this i could do that.

I'm in-between on this one, I can see and understand the good reasons of people who disagrees with it, yet as a leader of a clan, I have a gut feeling there is something missing with the ranking system..

Maybe all these things will become apparent once the recruiting system is "fixed" or once it become better. Things like this will be totally useless if you can't find really active and good people, so my best bet is once the recruiting suffices the needs of clans, this might be a good idea to consider.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor3698 View Post
    I was thinking it would be nice to have a revamp of the clan promotion system. Clans have been updated recently and look different, but the role and promotion systems have stayed almost exactly the same for a long time.

What I was thinking is to have a system where the leader or maybe even co leaders can create and delete custom ranks for the clan instead of only having 3 divisions of power. I just find it weird when someone does something really promotion worthy, but I dont quite feel that they should go straight from Elder to Co-Leader. Maybe with the custom rank system, even turn Elder from a state of power to just a veteran type rank.

Within the ranks and stuff, there could also be custom access to certain powers, like to turn off the ability to kick people, or to create a role solely for starting war. What do you guys think?
    I think this is entirely symbolic, but in many way the symbolism is very important.

When I see a promising elder, but they are not clear-cut already recognized as Co-Leader material, I will put it to a vote of the Co-Leaders. I ask them to vote in a clan mail. I find this creates excellent dynamics. The new Co-Leader is grateful to every Co-Leader that supported them, and there is no notion that they are a new Leader's favourite.

I think I had noticed in the past, that a new Co-Leader sometimes acts as if they have gone to the top of list of Co-Leaders, by virtual of being the most recent named by the Leader. A bit weirdly primitive tribal, I think, but it can happen, and correcting it makes for even more weird awkward.

I set a rule long ago: If a Co-Leader unilaterally promotes someone to Co-Leader, and that new Co-Leader immediately or subsequently doesn't meet with my expectations, then the Co-Leader who did the promotion gets demoted as well. It proved to be a very good rule.