Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Headhunter awesome or terrible

Millennial Club
    I think they really need to be max to tell. Currently mine are L1 and they are just too weak for L70 heros...even with cover. Right now I just use 2...mixed in with the AQ walk or after a bunch of troops. Once max I'm going to try using 2 with a giant on their own to see if they can take out a hero by themselves.

I can see them being useful for bases where the hero's are all in one corner (once I figure out how many are needed and what troop to lead with...maybe golum or ice g...then like 6 of them).

Forum Elder
    I have been stress testing them. (not extensively 'cause "Dat AQ" ) Most definitely a support role going on here. The wall jump is so nice. and I appreciate a ranged dark troop in the same breath.

Yes they need some tanking -OR- Distraction so for me that has been the Skelly spell. it can buy them the time to get some shots on the Royal(s)

I tried in mass, but they are pretty squishy. They swarmed the nearest Royal(s) and most died on the way. just got slaughtered. (they were L2; now maxed, not that it would have made a difference) sort of like Valks; they go head strong into several of the nearest turrets fire with no regard for their own health/well-being when they have one in their sights.

So I am trying to test them for range to see how many tiles it takes before they will attack something besides a hero.. or if I need to wait until all heroes are down before they shoot anything else. I take about 10. too many more eat into my comp a bit too much for their support role.

I like them with Miners (again, "Dat AQ" right now) cause they help the moles quite a bit handling Royalty and walls are not an issue (and the added range is also nice). I try and send them in in pairs when my troops get close to triggering one of the Royals.

so far I do like them, and ill be working them into a few comps to test troop synergies.

I think they would have been awesome, if they were invisible for 5 secs or something like that. so they could get to the heroes.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    I think they would have been awesome, if they were invisible for 5 secs or something like that. so they could get to the heroes.
    I agree with this, but it may make them a bit OP. a few on the AQ/BK/RC and then they can go nuts on the rest of the base. only those centralized Royal set ups would give them problems if this condition was in existence i would think. LOVE the idea tho! they are so squishy: they vaporize in route to any targets atm if they are not shielded, or some other distraction (again I like the Skelly spell currently).

They are situational. Good sometimes in war armies, as of now.
    After 2 months or something, people will put their heroes inside, and dont think they will be used anymore.

I tried in war vs King and 3 defences (cannon,archer,bomb tower). Ice golem in front and 2 Head Hunters. They didnt manage to kill King before freeze expired. So unless heroes are uncovered, they need to much tanking to be effective. Most armies cant use 50 spaces for taking 2 heroes only and that being miss or hit if it works. Using our king as tank aint viable also, we can use him solo without HeadHunters he does the job alone.

Faced 5 in a CC, trigered my Queen ability isntant through poison, with 2-3 defences shooting also. Had 5 Healers helping.
    Worth mentioning that i thought they are archers instead of HeadHunters, they look simmilar.

Worthless to me. I tried mixing her in but unless th heroes are accessible I'm usually better off just raging through them and using a few extra bowlers or a witch or something.

Forum Elder
    Heroes have never been a big problem to dispatch so I think the headhunter is a solution to a problem that didn’t exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Centennial Club
    i havent used them much, but i find they are very fitting to put a couple in a siege barracks. because that takes forever to drop the actual cc youll know for sure theyre going to cut right to the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    They are situational. Good sometimes in war armies, as of now.
    After 2 months or something, people will put their heroes inside, and dont think they will be used anymore.

I tried in war vs King and 3 defences (cannon,archer,bomb tower). Ice golem in front and 2 Head Hunters. They didnt manage to kill King before freeze expired. So unless heroes are uncovered, they need to much tanking to be effective. Most armies cant use 50 spaces for taking 2 heroes only and that being miss or hit if it works. Using our king as tank aint viable also, we can use him solo without HeadHunters he does the job alone.

Faced 5 in a CC, trigered my Queen ability isntant through poison, with 2-3 defences shooting also. Had 5 Healers helping.
    Worth mentioning that i thought they are archers instead of HeadHunters, they look simmilar.
    Even with heroes in the middle of the base they will still be used in attacks like sui lalo and qc hogs. In sui lalo, they replace the skeleton spell as they're very effective if you pop the warden's ability when you send them in and 4 of them can take out all 3 heroes.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    Heroes have never been a big problem to dispatch so I think the headhunter is a solution to a problem that didnít exist.

Uh... tell that to my Hogs (and to Loon users...) We would vehemently disagree; BK and especially AQ and RC chopping Hogs/Loons like its a Freddy/Jason movie.. this type of troop is a welcomed addition IMO.
    C'mon bruh (or ma'am) you clearly arent talking about maxed Royals not being a big problem from that biased post.

YMMV but Royals ARE enough a problem to warrent a new troop to the devs.. just saying.