Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell killing engineers?

My personal (friends who quit) experience is that defenseless (one level 1 cannon) th11's with max heroes were made by extensive botting. So if SC destroys those, all the better in my opinion.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWarden72 View Post
    I'm okay with this kind of feature, especially because it might attract more player to comeback. But please at least add a feature to prevent this event. Players should always feels like they have a full control over their base and progression.

I have a lot of unique base like:
    • A Th 11 base with only level 4 barracks (only focusing on goblins)
    • A base where half of the upgrades are maxed and half of them are level 1

I know it seems like a nonsense things to do, but i'm just having fun with creating an unique account while progressing my main account, and from what i know, many players also did something like this.

It really gives me anxiety that one day, i might be unable to login for 90 days for some reason, and then all these unique bases that takes a long time to create are gone and turned into a normal bases

I'm also pretty worried that this feature will makes some players loses their motivation to keep playing everyday, because of the mindset "why would i do this when the games will automatically do it for me"

Again, this is not a bad feature, but please "Add a toggle to prevent this event" Not everyone wants this, and please be more careful when adding something that almost no one asked for
    While we understand, we have to weigh the health of the game and giving players a great experience to help keep those players active vs. a specific niche play style. As gamers, we try to accommodate everyone but for the health of the game some decisions we make will affect others.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Zera041 View Post
    I do wish there was some way to stop this though, perhaps an option. Iíve got TH2s with ccs, and I donít want random stuff to be built like mortars
    1. There is an easy way to stop it. Just log in to that account once every 90 days.

2. It won't build anything, only upgrade building you already have (and not the TH).

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    While we understand, we have to weigh the health of the game and giving players a great experience to help keep those players active vs. a specific niche play style. As gamers, we try to accommodate everyone but for the health of the game some decisions we make will affect others.
    Thanks for the answer
    As i said before, i'm okay with this kind of feature

But, i hope u guys consider to add a toggle/switch to prevent this event, for those who don't want their building to be auto-upgraded after being inactive for a while.

Centennial Club
    this inactive booster has got me thinking, how strong can one of my minis get from not even playing the game? i think the hardest part is checking back yearly to see the autoprogress

Quote Originally Posted by NizaZiza View Post
    I am wondering why is there hate for engineers. Why do people not hate as much those maxxers or rushers? You seem like person that has followed that stuff for way longer than me who usually comes back to game during summer and winter holidays. And I have played maybe one or two wars against engineers so they did do anything to me, but they made a lot others a know leave and that is where you should learn the difference because I have never seen anyone leave the game in such massive numbers because of maxxing or rushing. That is why these 2 are different styles while engineering has that cheating aura.

Everyone can get criticized ("mocked") nobody is protected from that.
    Engineering is not longer that much game breaking which is why I see whole engineering clans abandoned. Simply because when breaking the game no longer was that effective they lost their purpose=to game/break the system.
    Engineers were not stomped this update, this is actually mere inconvenience. It can be easily countered/gamed/broken something engineers are experts in. They are "hard" workers I have not doubt that they thrive and survive.
    I know criticism is not necessarily bad,but don't you think they deserve a break ? Engineering is basically not possible already because of the "place everything to upgrade th " rule,so I don't see why you gotta act so righteous.It's already dead, no need to stomp on it any further .

Ok so I have a doubt
    Dariren said this is activated only once in a year if player is inactive.
    So my question is what if I login after 90 days and then goes inactive again for 90 days? Does the upgrade thingy will start working again in the same year?

Hope I never go 90-days without logging in...I have kept a "Wall Museum" with one wall piece of each level. Not always easy to hide them on a war base...but would hate to lose them after 7-years+.

Of course, I rarely go 90-MINUTES without logging in...

Centennial Club
    I don't get the complaints. Some people are active enough to come on the forum and moan, but not active enough to open the app 4 or 5 times per year?

I think it was solely intended for those people who quit because of frustration, they never had the chance to live the life that we have right now, logging in after a long while and see the changes won't be enough to encourage them(it's like having a PTSD), so maybe the feature was really intended for them to get hooked up again in clash, and/or maybe they're trying to hit multiple birdies in 1 shot, a slowly purging system for engineered bases.

I'm not against it, just saying my thought.