Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell killing engineers?

Supercell killing engineers?

So does that mean if I don't login in my mini engineered base for a couple of months then supercell will deengineer and destroy my hard work? Not fair supercell
    https://youtu.be/vkAWykD0utM
    https://youtu.be/WEaxYpbmsIM
    Edit: here's darians response

Darian[Supercell]

5 Days Ago
    The returning experience feature we introduced in this update does require a little extra explanation.

This was indeed a feature we created to help players who have been away for extended periods of time (90 days). The goal is to help them get back into the swing of things. However, I'll try to help dispel any notions that it's as sinister as some make it out to be.

For starters, the returning event only triggers if you've been away for 90 days at a minimum. All you'd need to do to prevent this is simply open the game once every 90 days. Furthermore, even if this event triggers after a 90-day absence, it will not trigger every 90 days. It only happens once per year. So if you do get the returning event once, it will not happen again for a full year.

Second, it will not automatically place buildings that you have not purchased. For example, if you haven't purchased an Eagle Artillery, it will not automatically place one and start upgrading it. Only buildings, traps, and Heroes you have already purchased and placed will be subject to this feature. The game will not buy new items for you.

Additionally, it will not upgrade your Town Hall.

Third, the total value of upgraded items you gain from this is marginally half of around what you'd actually get from regularly emptying your Collectors. You'll always progress faster by simply logging in and doing attacks than relying on this. This is simply just to help those who have been away to feel less far behind.
    Last edited by Oppodi; June 29th, 2020 at 06:09 PM.

I don't get it , what you are trying to say and video hardly explain anything

There was nothing fair about engineering anyway, so that seems about the worst excuse you can throw around here... (not a fan of engineers ... )

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunch View Post
    What the video shows, is that the loot in the loot cart has been used to upgrade a number of buildings in the time they were away - and the OP doesn't like it .... because he did some 'hard work' engineering the base

Quote Originally Posted by Oppodi View Post
    So does that mean if I don't login in my mini engineered base for a couple of months then supercell will deengineer and destroy my hard work? Not fair supercell
    Indeed it is a bit weird if the game automatically completes upgrades while you're away. If that's what happened, because from your post I can only guess..

BUT calling a defenseless th6 "hard work" is just hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SifaVision View Post
    Indeed it is a bit weird if the game automatically completes upgrades while you're away. If that's what happened, because from your post I can only guess..

BUT calling a defenseless th6 "hard work" is just hilarious.
    I don't care about that th6, but I have a th11 engineered with max troops and heroes. I don't war on it but just keeping it like that for aesthetic reasons. I don't want it to change to a normal base when I'm away

That's kinda too much.
    Then again, SC owns all your account. Wouldn't surprise me if they changed your 11 to a normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunch View Post
    Seems like after this update if you're inactive for some time supercell upgrades buildings and troops automatically while you're away

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Seems like after this update if you're inactive for some time supercell upgrades buildings and troops automatically while you're away
    Yes. I read something similar on reddit. But I couldn't find anything upgrading,on my inactive accounts.

SC likely implemented this feature for several reasons.

1. They want to speed up the rate of progression. With all of the new content released every year, it takes longer and longer for a player to max their base. This new feature that upgrades an "inactive" player's village will get them closer to maxing.

2. It's an incentive for players to return to the game after not playing it for awhile. The video shows that a lot of the village was upgraded. Chances are, many players will come back to CoC if they find that many aspects of their village have been upgraded.

3. To further minimize engineering (as mentioned). This is straightforward, but by upgrading and placing new defensive structures, it will especially make it harder to engineer.

In my opinion, it looks like players will have to log into their account very so often in order to prevent the computer from upgrading their village. I do not know how long it is before the computer starts upgrading a player's village, but I would assume that it would be between 30 and 90 days of inactivity.