Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Builder base matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    The matchmaker also takes into account the overall weight if your BB.

I've noticed that when I hit the halfway point of upgrading my bb (half the troops, half the levels for the bm, and half the defenses are upgraded), I start facing higher level BBs.

This happened on 2 different accs at bb6, bb7, and bb8.
    Same trophy range. One day I'm at bb6.45 facing mostly other bb6's, then the next day I'm at bb6.5 (same trophy range) but only face bb7's and 8's mostly.

Happened at bb7 and bb8 too.

So, the matchmaker is not solely based on trophies.
    Solely implies and requires only one criteria.
    The matchmaker uses at least 3 criteria:
    1) trophy range
    2) weight of your bb
    and 3) the number of players in the search pool at the time you hit the search button.
    I've experienced no such thing, however, I have seen times at which my rushed BB9 will match other 9s in the low 3000s. And other times where - in the same range - I only see BB8s. I think it's more like JohnnyPCs comment than anything else. In fact, my rushed 9 occasionally (more often than I should expect if weight were being taken into account) matches much farther advanced 9s than mine.

It could be that they have moved the "relative strength" point from the original 1500 trophies (https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12196332) up to some new unknown level and below that point are enforcing your stated item 2 above.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; June 25th, 2020 at 10:10 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I've experienced no such thing, however, I have seen times at which my rushed BB9 will match other 9s in the low 3000s. And other times where - in the same range - I only see BB8s. I think it's more like JohnnyPCs comment than anything else. In fact, my rushed 9 occasionally (more often than I should expect if weight were being taken into account) matches much farther advanced 9s than mine.

It could be that they have moved the "relative strength" point from the original 1500 trophies (https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12196332) up to some new unknown level and below that point are enforcing your stated item 2 above.
    Are you maxxing at each bb level?
    I max each bb level and I've noticed that the halfway mark one begins to encounter stronger bases.

For those of you rushing, of course you wouldn't experience this b/c you would never reach the halfway point of a bb level until bb9.

So, yes, if youcare maxxing you will encounter stronger bbs at roughly the halfway point at the same trophy range.

Are you maxxing at each bb level?
    I max each bb level and I've noticed that the halfway mark one begins to encounter stronger bases.

For those of you rushing, of course you wouldn't experience this b/c you would never reach the halfway point of a bb level until bb9.

So, yes, if youcare maxxing you will encounter stronger bbs at roughly the halfway point at the same trophy range.
    When I was bh7, I was routinely encountering bh9s in the 2800 to 2900 trophy range. In the 3300 ish range as a bh 8, I see other bh8s once in a blue moon. I see no evidence it tries to match me to anything other than what is in my trophy range.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    When I was bh7, I was routinely encountering bh9s in the 2800 to 2900 trophy range. In the 3300 ish range as a bh 8, I see other bh8s once in a blue moon. I see no evidence it tries to match me to anything other than what is in my trophy range.
    How strong was your bb7?
    When my mini was bb7 I was around 2500 trophies matching with mostly bb7s. By the time I hit the halfway point, still around 2500 trophies, I was getting matched with mostly bb8's & 9's.
    Are you saying that all the bb7's dropped out of the 2550 range, or that only bb8's & 9's just happened to be the only accs searching at the same time as me, or that the matchmaker uses base weight as a criteria for matching bases?
    The first 2 are extremely and highly unlikely (I'd have better odds winning the lottery), but the third one is more likely to be the case.

How strong was your bb7?
    When my mini was bb7 I was around 2500 trophies matching with mostly bb7s. By the time I hit the halfway point, still around 2500 trophies, I was getting matched with mostly bb8's & 9's.
    Are you saying that all the bb7's dropped out of the 2550 range, or that only bb8's & 9's just happened to be the only accs searching at the same time as me, or that the matchmaker uses base weight as a criteria for matching bases?
    The first 2 are extremely and highly unlikely (I'd have better odds winning the lottery), but the third one is more likely to be the case.
    There is a big difference between 2500 and 2900 in accounts available. I was in the 2800 and up range from fairly early bh7 on. I went to 7 as max bh6 minus walls. I ran maxed mitch early then maxed minion drop as soon as I had it. Pretty much the entire time on that base, I have been hitting 1 or 2 levels up. Everything we have been told by darian and others is that bh is a ladder system. Totally trophy based once you pass the low level threshold. My experience reflects that. That wiki entry is the only place I have ever seen a suggest bh level plays any part in matchmaking. Pretty sure it's wrong.

Centennial Club
    Piper139 is the opposite player from me-he looks for mismatched challenges going after higher BHs.

I sandbag by dropping trophies and almost always face a much lower weighted opponent frequently 1-3 builder hall levels below mine. (For example my largest base gained 500 trophies just doing clan games and still out-weighed most matches)

My experience is it is a trophy-only system. You are correct in that I do not know this as a fact-I don’t work for SC.
    Last edited by JD4U; June 26th, 2020 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    While that could be possible, I would be very surprised if they would make that kind of a change without mentioning it - it would really cut through the progression meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Everything we have been told by darian and others is that bh is a ladder system. Totally trophy based once you pass the low level threshold.
    This is pretty much my thoughts on it. I have zero reason to believe SC misrepresented this, and I would tend to think they wouldn't change this (a really significant change) without telling us.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

I have multiple games at each BH level and scattered throughout the trophy rankings. Nothing has changed - up to a certain point (between 1000-1500 trophies) there is some measure of BH matching. At the lower end, it is more pronounced; once you cross 1000 trophies, though, there’s little evidence of anything other than straight up trophy matching. Case in point - I’ve taken BH2 to around 1100 trophies and matched up to BH3s.

As to the remainder, it is all about trophies and nothing more. The way the rankings shake out, you will usually see your own BH level when you first upgrade to a new level as that is the trophy range where active players of that BH level reside when they upgrade. However, as you play more, you will quickly move up the trophy rankings to a spot occupied by a greater mix of BH levels. Believe it or not, it’s only 100-200 trophies above where you’ll enter as a new BHx. Higher you go, the more your level thins out. IMNSHO, this reflects the rusher mentality prevalent in the game. The higher level players you meet, though, are almost never running on a maxed or BHx-1 maxed level; they’re usually well rushed and therefore well within your capabilities as a player and/or the degree to which you’ve developed your game.

Eventually, you will see almost exclusively 1 or 2 levels above your game; at that point, you’ve overstayed your time at that BH level and should upgrade.

There is nothing unfair about it in any way. You either play the game as it has been designed or you try to play it differently and cope with the consequences. The BB is simply NOT a maxer’s game. It really is up to you to determine your experience (as is the case with ANY game).
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I have multiple games at each BH level and scattered throughout the trophy rankings. Nothing has changed - up to a certain point (between 1000-1500 trophies) there is some measure of BH matching. At the lower end, it is more pronounced; once you cross 1000 trophies, though, there’s little evidence of anything other than straight up trophy matching. Case in point - I’ve taken BH2 to around 1100 trophies and matched up to BH3s.

As to the remainder, it is all about trophies and nothing more. The way the rankings shake out, you will usually see your own BH level when you first upgrade to a new level as that is the trophy range where active players of that BH level reside when they upgrade. However, as you play more, you will quickly move up the trophy rankings to a spot occupied by a greater mix of BH levels. Believe it or not, it’s only 100-200 trophies above where you’ll enter as a new BHx. Higher you go, the more your level thins out. IMNSHO, this reflects the rusher mentality prevalent in the game. The higher level players you meet, though, are almost never running on a maxed or BHx-1 maxed level; they’re usually well rushed and therefore well within your capabilities as a player and/or the degree to which you’ve developed your game.

Eventually, you will see almost exclusively 1 or 2 levels above your game; at that point, you’ve overstayed your time at that BH level and should upgrade.

There is nothing unfair about it in any way. You either play the game as it has been designed or you try to play it differently and cope with the consequences. The BB is simply NOT a maxer’s game. It really is up to you to determine your experience (as is the case with ANY game).
    I didn't say it was unfair.
    But how do you explain my experiences on 2 different accs?
    My main I've been playing since the inception of the bb.

My mini is about 1.5 years old.
    How do you explain that my mini hitting bb7 at around 2500 trophies getting matched with other bb7s, but then around the halfway point of upgrading (I max everything but walls), I was getting matched with bb8s & 9s at the SAME trophy range (2500).
    Same thing happened at bb8.
    I highly doubt all of the bb7s dropped out of the 2500 range, or that the only other players searching at the same time as me were 8s & 9s.
    Both of these scenarios are highly unlikely, leaving only a 3rd possibility: base weight.

What other logical explanation is there to explain how one day I'm bb7.45 at 2500 trophies matching mostly with other 7s, then the next day I'm bb7.5 still at 2500 trophies but now most matches are against 8s & 9s, with 7s being very rare?
    Last edited by joemann8478; June 26th, 2020 at 11:44 PM.

I didn't say it was unfair.
    But how do you explain my experiences on 2 different accs?
    My main I've been playing since the inception of the bb.

My mini is about 1.5 years old.
    How do you explain that my mini hitting bb7 at around 2500 trophies getting matched with other bb7s, but then around the halfway point of upgrading (I max everything but walls), I was getting matched with bb8s & 9s at the SAME trophy range (2500).
    Same thing happened at bb8.
    I highly doubt all of the bb7s dropped out of the 2500 range, or that the only other players searching at the same time as me were 8s & 9s.
    Both of these scenarios are highly unlikely, leaving only a 3rd possibility: base weight.

What other logical explanation is there to explain how one day I'm bb7.45 at 2500 trophies matching mostly with other 7s, then the next day I'm bb7.5 still at 2500 trophies but now most matches are against 8s & 9s, with 7s being very rare?
    You stayed right in the 2500 range? You didnt move up any trophies?