Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Builder base matchmaking

Builder base matchmaking

Is it only me who have trouble in getting high chance of winning when you found out that the opponent's Builder base is higher than yours? Is it unfair to be like that? I would like to know how the matchmaking in Builder base works. Thank you.

Forum Elder
    Trophies, trophies & trophies.

Nothing else matters, your hall level is not relevant.

For some reason, I find matches done at night are against easier opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Korosensei0204 View Post
    Is it only me who have trouble in getting high chance of winning when you found out that the opponent's Builder base is higher than yours? Is it unfair to be like that? I would like to know how the matchmaking in Builder base works. Thank you.
    It's a ladder system, you get matched with someone in your trophy range regardless of BH levels.

It's not unfair, as it's the same for everyone.

Look at the stickied threads and find some of the rushing guides. The ladder system will put you at a disadvantage if you max each level, it favors rushing, so rush to BH9 so you can be on a level playing field.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJoeTheThird View Post
    For some reason, I find matches done at night are against easier opponents.
    I think I have noticed a bit of a trend too. My hypothesis is that it depends on which region of the world is at their peak time of play vs which region is asleep. This game is very popular in some regions, but not so popular in others. The popular regions may have a lot of experts, but they have a lot of kids & novices too. Also, the game used to be very popular a few years ago in some regions, but now the only people left playing in those locales tend to be the better players who just never quit. I think if you play while the "expert" regions are sleeping, and while the popular regions are awake and not at school/work (i.e. the popular regions have a lot of novices), then you'll tend to find easier matchups.

Edit: and a lot of sandbagging maxed bases come out of the woodwork at the beginning of Clan Games because they're doing challenges.
    Last edited by JohnnyPC; June 24th, 2020 at 03:41 AM.

The matchmaker also takes into account the overall weight if your BB.

I've noticed that when I hit the halfway point of upgrading my bb (half the troops, half the levels for the bm, and half the defenses are upgraded), I start facing higher level BBs.

This happened on 2 different accs at bb6, bb7, and bb8.
    Same trophy range. One day I'm at bb6.45 facing mostly other bb6's, then the next day I'm at bb6.5 (same trophy range) but only face bb7's and 8's mostly.

Happened at bb7 and bb8 too.

So, the matchmaker is not solely based on trophies.
    Solely implies and requires only one criteria.
    The matchmaker uses at least 3 criteria:
    1) trophy range
    2) weight of your bb
    and 3) the number of players in the search pool at the time you hit the search button.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    The matchmaker also takes into account the overall weight if your BB.

I've noticed that when I hit the halfway point of upgrading my bb (half the troops, half the levels for the bm, and half the defenses are upgraded), I start facing higher level BBs.

This happened on 2 different accs at bb6, bb7, and bb8.
    Same trophy range. One day I'm at bb6.45 facing mostly other bb6's, then the next day I'm at bb6.5 (same trophy range) but only face bb7's and 8's mostly.

Happened at bb7 and bb8 too.

So, the matchmaker is not solely based on trophies.
    Solely implies and requires only one criteria.
    The matchmaker uses at least 3 criteria:
    1) trophy range
    2) weight of your bb
    and 3) the number of players in the search pool at the time you hit the search button.
    Do you have anything beyond your anecdotal observations to backup your claims?

According to the wiki the MM will try to match you within 200 trophies. Perhaps you are describing the odd occasion when that doesn't quite happen?

Link:
    https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Do you have anything beyond your anecdotal observations to backup your claims?

According to the wiki the MM will try to match you within 200 trophies. Perhaps you are describing the odd occasion when that doesn't quite happen?

Link:
    https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Versus_Battle
    The wiki is put together by players.
    Per the wiki: "When choosing a Versus Battle opponent, you will be matched with people who have about the same number of Versus Trophies as you, and with a Builder Hall level as similar to yours as possible. The matchmaking system makes it possible to find opponents as much as about 200 Versus Trophies lower or higher than you are."
    Notice it states "and with a Builder Hall level as similar to yours as possible. . ."
    Similar could mean "weight" since a near max bb8 would have a similar weight to a rushed 9.
    Has SC ever stated that the bb matchmaker is solely based on trophies?
    As for evidence, it wasn't odd occurences. Both accs upon reaching bb6 were matched 95% of the time against bb6s, but at the bb6.5 point, 95% of matches were against higher bbs.
    I highly doubt I'd get matched against higher bases in the same trophy range unless the matchmaker uses base weight.
    Same thing at bb7 and bb8.
    My mini is a near max bb8. When first hitting bb8, I was matched mostly against other 8s, with the occasional 9.
    But, as soon as I hit bb8.5 95% or so of my matches are against bb9s.

If this were an odd occurence, it would only match me against higher bases on occasion and not as consistently as it has.
    The consistency tells me the matchmaker includes overall base weight, after trophy level.
    Last edited by joemann8478; June 25th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    The wiki is put together by players.
    Per the wiki: "When choosing a Versus Battle opponent, you will be matched with people who have about the same number of Versus Trophies as you, and with a Builder Hall level as similar to yours as possible. The matchmaking system makes it possible to find opponents as much as about 200 Versus Trophies lower or higher than you are."
    Notice it states "and with a Builder Hall level as similar to yours as possible. . ."
    Similar could mean "weight" since a near max bb8 would have a similar weight to a rushed 9.
    Has SC ever stated that the bb matchmaker is solely based on trophies?
    As for evidence, it wasn't odd occurences. Both accs upon reaching bb6 were matched 95% of the time against bb6s, but at the bb6.5 point, 95% of matches were against higher bbs.
    I highly doubt I'd get matched against higher bases in the same trophy range unless the matchmaker uses base weight.
    Same thing at bb7 and bb8.
    My mini is a near max bb8. When first hitting bb8, I was matched mostly against other 8s, with the occasional 9.
    But, as soon as I hit bb8.5 95% or so of my matches are against bb9s.

If this were an odd occurence, it would only match me against higher bases on occasion and not as consistently as it has.
    The consistency tells me the matchmaker includes overall base weight, after trophy level.
    Do you keep yourself below 1500 trophies? Below 1500 trophies, there is some matchmaking based off of BH level (or weight, I don't remember which).

Otherwise, this goes counter to everything I've read or experienced in the builder base.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Do you keep yourself below 1500 trophies? Below 1500 trophies, there is some matchmaking based off of BH level (or weight, I don't remember which).

Otherwise, this goes counter to everything I've read or experienced in the builder base.
    On my mini, upon hitting bb8 I was around 3500 trophies. I've been into the 3700s.
    However, even at 3500 I was natched with bb8s mostly, but as soon as I hit the halfway mark I was getting mostly bb9s at 3500 trophies.
    Difference between night & day.