Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Even less diamonds now?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanAsh View Post
    Another nail in the coffin for me. This week I even opted-out of derby for the first time ever. Won't play next valley either. Maybe just time to move on. So sad.
    Same here. After 3+ years of every day play, multiple farms etc, this is my 4th week out of the game. Never happened before. Yes, one can still do a lot without using diamonds, but the nagging feeling of being cash-grabbed is estinguishing the feeble incentive to keep playing, slowly but surely. Not sour or angry, no, their show-their rules. It's sad, though, how the game slipped this low. Still not a pay-to-win game, but getting there.
    Last edited by BULIGO; June 24th, 2020 at 12:28 PM.

That's not the only thing that's changed. For the last 3/4 times that I've ordered the 30 value box from the catalogue... I've received a thrilling 7 dynamite. Not even 10, but 7.
    Can remember on one occasion getting 4 planks. For 30 gift cards I only do them in hopes of getting decos/those paths...but nope, I get dynamite.

Smh. Underwhelming to say the least ...yet on a daily basis I pick up vouchers (meh) or bloody boosters (immediately trash coz they're never any good anyways)
    I'm also seeing in derby prizes constant offers for the farm helpers n Tom. Used to keep them on retainer but don't bother anymore and the game is clearly missing my currency n therefore trying to tempt me each week by throwing useless boosters at me. To be fair I've never liked the majority of boosters since day one.

Decos are harder to get in derby columns too. I once tested how many diamonds it would take to get something other than gnomes and it took, wait for it, 100+ diamonds.
    Last edited by udderly; June 24th, 2020 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I received 10 diamonds today from the gift catalogue. This marks the first free diamonds I have received since the last update, outside of derby threshold rewards.

derby threshold diamonds have been higher (5 instead of 3)

nothing from mystery boxes of any size, but it does look like the probability has changed. I mostly get (unneeded) vouchers.

bottom line, yes there are fewer free diamonds
    I forgot I ordered the large mystery pkg yesterday and just picked up 15 diamonds from it. Like WussyPuss this is also the first time Iíve gotten diamonds from the gift catalog since the last update. I used to get them more frequently than that.

Iím still seeing 2-3 diamonds in my regular derby threshold rewards but I think Iím also lower league. But I am seeing 5 diamonds in bunny rewards column this week.

I never paid attn to how many diamonds I get from mining. All I know is I get some.

still nothing in red chests or town chest that are free to open since the last update

overall I also feel less diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    Same here. After 3+ years of every day play, multiple farms etc, this is my 4th week out of the game. Never happened before. Yes, one can still do a lot without using diamonds, but the nagging feeling of being cash-grabbed is estinguishing the feeble incentive to keep playing, slowly but surely. Not sour or angry, no, their show-their rules. It's sad, though, how the game slipped this low. Still not a pay-to-win game, but getting there.
    BULIGO, loved your post! Their show, their rules.

Here's a canned post I wrote a few days ago...

Just sharing some of my thoughts here... I'd love to get any opinions, thoughts and criticism, especially from the forum stars, elders and moderators! I learned so much from all of you over time, so a big THANK YOU!

Less and less free diamonds over the last months. Probably those of you buying diamonds regularly wouldn't even notice. But it's a fact.

My suspicion is that the company owners are forcing team hay day to generate more revenue no matter what it takes. So they are changing things over time to force people to buy more diamonds. Conspiracy theory? Honestly, Idk what to think.

Yes, I know, companies don't develop games because it's so much fun to do so. They need to generate revenue to pay their staff and maybe even get rich in the process. But for mow I can't afford to spend any real money on games.

Imho hd has changed for worse over time and without any information from sc about those changes, it just leaves room for theories...

What I do know is that my hood broke up and I lost interest in the game because of all the recent "little" changes. I used to play several hours every day. This week I even opted-out of derby for the first time ever. Won't play next valley either for the first time ever.

But for now I'll keep the game and my 4 farms and take a break. I'm not very optimistic about the future of this once beloved game though.

Maybe my last post here. Thanks again!

I'm getting vouchers not diamonds in red boxes as well, whereas I used to get quite a few. Zero scrolls in Derby prizes again and still waiting for a custom deco you show up in top 3 placement for Derby bonus.
    Feeling a little sad admit the whole thing, scared to check what will show up in Valley prizes

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I received 10 diamonds today from the gift catalogue. This marks the first free diamonds I have received since the last update, outside of derby threshold rewards.

derby threshold diamonds have been higher (5 instead of 3)

nothing from mystery boxes of any size, but it does look like the probability has changed. I mostly get (unneeded) vouchers.

bottom line, yes there are fewer free diamonds

further to this, I have taken 3 mining tasks this power bunny derby. I have not seen mining tasks for more than a few derbies, not saying they havenít been there, just that I havenít done any in some time.

Traditionally, mining tasks have given me 2-3 diamonds. With these being 1/2 the usual amount of ores needed to complete

1) using all shovels, 1 diamond

2) using all tnt, 2 diamonds

3) using a mix of tools, 1 diamond

i am not seeing a decrease in diamonds from mining
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I only get dia from shovel. 0 from TNT and dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenryu08 View Post
    I only get dia from shovel. 0 from TNT and dynamic.
    That’s interesting. I wonder if there is a correlation. I usually use pick axes. It’s what I get from Tom. I am wondering if I should try shovels next time
    Level 165
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by elenelle View Post
    Thatís interesting. I wonder if there is a correlation. I usually use pick axes. Itís what I get from Tom. I am wondering if I should try shovels next time
    You might be interested in this thread, within the 'new people tips' sticky thread at the top of the 'new to Hay Day' section, that talks about this subject. It's pretty old now & some of it may not be currently relevant but I'm sure there is much that still applies.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-For-Diamonds
    Last edited by JemimaPD; June 26th, 2020 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JemimaPD View Post
    You might be interested in this thread, within the 'new people tips' sticky thread at the top of the 'new to Hay Day' section, that talks about this subject. It's pretty old now & some of it may not be currently relevant but I'm sure there is much that still applies.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-For-Diamonds
    cool, thanks!!
    Level 165
    iOS