Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awesome new troops. All of them.

Awesome new troops. All of them.

Initial thoughts.

I've used Super Witches at TH12 versus a high TH12. Utilised 3 x Super Witches plus air support and max hammer in clan castle. Totally three-starred it. Haven't used this troop defensively yet.

Headhunter. Just popped some max ones in my TH9. Looked for a base with at least one hero on the outside. They instantly took out the Barb King and before you could say 'jack frost', they had leapt over the walls and they were after the Queen. I froze and poisoned the Queen so the Headhunters neutralised her too. Awesome new troop and very powerful at TH9 my only test thus far. Not used them defensively yet.

Inferno Dragon

The star of the show so far. I've used them x2 at Legends to help funnel TH13, they were particularly helpful. Also put some in TH12 and extremely powerful in that attack. Here's the thing, they are TOTALLY AWESOME defensively. Popped them in a TH10 which was attacked and they took out the Queen Walk and half the Healers with it. Great new troop and will be a firm favourite in defensive clan castles me thinks.

GB

Millennial Club
    Interesting....I've used the Inferno and witches and so far don't like either. The single giant skellie just leave the witches hanging. I'm thinking of trying to get some regular witches (like 3 in the CC) and use the special witches in combo.

I need to play more with the Inferno...I could see if you have it behind some air like edrags...which are slow tanks....

Thanks for the input on the headhunter....starting to play with those.

The Headhunter would be amazing if it also targeted enemy skeletons and CC troops. As it is, I'm not sure if I want it in my LL generic army comp. Sometimes it's super-useful -- I hate those teaser bases -- but other times it will be almost useless.

Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    The Headhunter would be amazing if it also targeted enemy skeletons and CC troops. As it is, I'm not sure if I want it in my LL generic army comp. Sometimes it's super-useful -- I hate those teaser bases -- but other times it will be almost useless.
    It does. After hero preference is cc and skeleton if I recall correctly.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow199172 View Post
    It does. After hero preference is cc and skeleton if I recall correctly.
    And poisons as well.

I’m using 5 Head Hunters in an otherwise all Sneaky Goblin army. They are great for those teaser bases in LL and as support when the heroes are deep I’m sending in my own heroes and gob knife for the town hall.

I’m going to have to try Fernies first because of that event for them after my gobs expire.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rvMatt View Post
    Iíve been taking one and putting it behind a king when king is coming up against any enemy heroes near outside of base when funneling for hybrid. Not super effective on every base but the poison on the hero means you donít need to pop king ability to take out enemy hero

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenbearUK View Post
    Headhunter. Just popped some max ones in my TH9. Looked for a base with at least one hero on the outside. They instantly took out the Barb King and before you could say 'jack frost', they had leapt over the walls and they were after the Queen. I froze and poisoned the Queen so the Headhunters neutralised her too. Awesome new troop and very powerful at TH9 my only test thus far. Not used them defensively yet.
    So a TH12 troop that maxes level at TH13 with level 3 kicked butt on a TH9 huh? Gee whiz who could have seen that coming?

I loaded up my Th13 (slightly rushed 60,66,50,10 heroes) wrecker with 7 of those and attacked max-ish 13s up in Titan I and those troops vanished like they weren't even there. Twice. The enemy queen one-shotted them. Won't be doing that anymore lol.

Amazing troops. Great update!
    I just still fail to see how super witches were supposed to be used, though. But it's too early to judge, I guess.
    Last edited by CHANDRIANO; June 22nd, 2020 at 08:29 PM.

I haven’t use the inferno dragon yet, but was attacked by one once in legends so far. It took out 1 army camp, 1 spell factory and 1 gold storage before dying from the fire of a single archer tower for a spectacular funnel fail.