Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are walls worth upgrading?

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Yes walls are worth upgrading but only as a resource dump

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    Yes, i agree. But my opinion is that is there not a way we can make them more than just that? Make ppl think hmm lets get that wall bit done. Is there a way we can make them more of a deterrent? Eg electrify them or add spikes going underground. A way of getting ppl to think of them more of a defence structure
    no nothing can make walls a higher priority than buildings simply due to the maths. To get a benefit from walls you need to upgrade 30,40,50 or so, enough to upgrade a compartment, and that will always be lower value than a building upgrade

rather than just something to chuck spare resources on?
    No. Walls as a resource sink fill an important niche in the clash economy. The fact that they have zero build time allows players to manage their storage levels with their builder schedule, by dumping resources into walls when they need to.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Forum Elder
    Seems, generally speaking, the vast majority of those claiming walls to be of little importance...have the weakest walls. Can’t imagine, with the current difficulty so many have 3 starring a maxed base, that anyone would want a wall buff. No one minds if one rushes along ignoring their walls, is each one’s own prerogative, but know it makes one much easier to be 3 starred. Saw the ring base mentioned, and know many here get giddy when they see these. Total waste of walls against a decent attacker.

TH13...level 254...75/75/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 45 mil...atb 6032

Pro Member
    Walls are worth if walls are not of high level then my queen will help me 3 star and I will become a pro player.

Centennial Club
    my thought would be if walls could have some sort of electrification for example, so anything jumping over it would lose some health. That might make them more effective as a barrier.

otherwise walls just end up being the last thing anyone bothers upgrading. I see so many th13 with low level walls and i cant blame them tbh!
    Walls are really worthy for being upgraded because walls are game changer as in many attacks we can get three stars easily but at last ends at 2 stars because of walls , and yes some troops , spells , heroes just pass or destroy walls like nothing but it is important in kepping offence and defence balanced otherwise they will be busy attacking on walls and those town hall are called rushed town halls and till lvl 12 , walls can easily be upgraded at their respective town halls

I think the importance of walls is greatly underestimated, and they're just as important to upgrade as any other defence. To refer to them as only a resourse dump when you have nothing left to upgrade is foolish. Sure there are dragons, loons, hogs, miners, minions and lava hounds that can fly, jump and tunnel under them, but theres also popular troops like bowlers, witches, golems, ice golem, pekkas, yetis and most importantly 2 heros that must go through them.

I cant even imagine the number of times my lv13 and lv14 walls have saved me from a 3 star. Troops taking too long to bang through them and getting picked off, heros famously getting stuck on them, etc...

Using your logic we could say why bother upgrading cannons, or air defences when theres troops that can circumvent those defences entirely as well.

High level walls are also good for intimidation. How many times in war, or even out raiding, have you see a max defence th13 with low level walls and thought "thats a 3 star!", for the sole reason that the player had lower level walls.

When I'm deciding whether or not to accept someone who's requested to join my clan, the first two things I look at are their hero levels and wall levels since those two things are a good indication of a players seriousness.

It all boils down to, attacking a strong defensive base with weak walls is objectively and demonstrably MUCH easier than attacking a strong defensive base with strong walls.

Ignore upgrading your walls at your own peril.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 797 fair play wins and counting...

Pro Member
    Its better to lose some resources on walls than wasting it by overflowing.
    High level walls gives good aesthetic look to village.
    Its good against queen walk or any ground army.
    Ask a high level wall's importance to someone who time failed 2* 99% due to punching through the max wall to get the last building. Or ask someone whose defence won due to high level wall.

I can understand what u wanna say but I will suggest u to give walls as last preference, but upgrade them surely coz it's advantage at some point of game.
    Last edited by IamMayur; June 21st, 2020 at 05:18 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
    if I were you I’d probably just rage quit.
    Before you do, can you put all your resource buildings outside walls and away from defenses?

Define “worth”. Does it make your bases defensive capability better? Yes.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

Pro Member
    Walls win wars.

Millennial Club
    Yes, i agree. But my opinion is that is there not a way we can make them more than just that? Make ppl think hmm lets get that wall bit done. Is there a way we can make them more of a deterrent? Eg electrify them or add spikes going underground. A way of getting ppl to think of them more of a defence structure, rather than just something to chuck spare resources on?
    I assume you will still come to the forum and read this discussion.
    Walls upgrade are more than resource dump, it is already that. It's a deterrent for the attackers when you have max walls as it can enable a lot of base design that will be weaker when you had weaker walls. Max Walls itself could be pointless without good base design that make them work, but it is still important to upgrade your walls.