Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [IDEA]Request to reopen a closed Thread.

[IDEA]Request to reopen a closed Thread.

I request a feature to reopen a closed thread to consider a fresh discussion on the topic.

Thanks

Problem Solver Extraordinaire shivampaw's Avatar
    Most threads are closed because they violate rules. There’d be no real reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterji View Post
    I request a feature to reopen a closed thread to consider a fresh discussion on the topic.

Thanks
    I think there may already be that feature. Of course, it is available only to those whom have the power to close, the Mods. Only way it makes sense, else you would get infinite close--reopen--close--reopen .... loops.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterji View Post

Thanks
    The facility already exists - PM a moderator with a link to the thread and an explanation of why you would like it reopened.

Worth bearing in mind that we endeavour to leave threads open and we only close them when rules are repeatedly broken, the answer already exists elsewhere, where stickies clarify the reasons for closing (e.g. IFR), etc.

Sometimes threads just disappear. Is it cause we aren't supposed to see what's in it?
    Last edited by LostInSpace; 1 Week Ago at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    The facility already exists - PM a moderator with a link to the thread and an explanation of why you would like it reopened.

Worth bearing in mind that we endeavour to leave threads open and we only close them when rules are repeatedly broken, the answer already exists elsewhere, where stickies clarify the reasons for closing (e.g. IFR), etc.
    Hey,Please check your DM.

Thank you
    Last edited by Hunterji; 1 Week Ago at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInSpace View Post
    Sometimes threads just…
    Threads seem to "disappear" when they have been trashed by a moderator or merged into another thread.

AFAIK, moderators tend to trash threads when the entire OP violates a forum rule, publicly questions a moderator act or exists to name-and-shame an individual.
    Last edited by Clash12344321; 1 Week Ago at 04:19 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInSpace View Post
    Sometimes threads just disappear. Is it cause we aren't supposed to see what's in it?
    Or the forum moderators moved it to another subforum.

If I read a thread and see that it was closed, it's a signal to me not to discuss the topics of the closed thread in another thread.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    June 21, 2020
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread