Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Possible Way To Stop Leaks?

Possible Way To Stop Leaks?

Hi Clasher ,
    I am just wondering how can we help Supercell fighting against Leaks. Most of the time before updates .Tons of Leaks and Rumours are always there.. So We. Can't do anything about Rumours coz it's more like Guess..But Leaks are spoilers to Supercell's Surprise. Question is how things are getting Leaks? I think Supercell staff's are not doing Such things so, we Left With Only 1 option that's Dev Build. Supercell Trust them and they Leaks Stuffs.
    So in this thread we can Post our Suggestions to stop such things remembering that Dev Build is must for testing so don't suggest to ban Dev Build.

My Suggestions is to Inject Watermark With some id. That can be traced back later with leaked video or image. What's CHALLENGING is SC will need time and resources for doing so. But if SC can do CREATOR CODE then they can also do effort here..

I know many brilliant peoples out there and our Suggestions can make a difference..Pls Help.

Note* I AM NOT SURE IF THIS THREAD IS RIGHT TO POST OR NOT BUT IF IT'S AGAINST ANY RULES DON'T BANN ME JUST DELETE THREADS . THANKS

With as many cogs in a machine as large as Clash of Clans there's bound to be leaks unfortunately just simply because of the number of social media teams, people that are involved at various levels, and a multitude of other sources including data mining which is unfortunately impossible to avoid its just not possible to stop it from getting out.

The best we can do is try to avoid the information for ourselves and not spread it here on the forums.

Level 18
    - 15,990/18,500 | Champion III
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    With as many cogs in a machine as large as Clash of Clans there's bound to be leaks unfortunately just simply because of the number of social media teams, people that are involved at various levels, and a multitude of other sources including data mining which is unfortunately impossible to avoid its just not possible to stop it from getting out.

The best we can do is try to avoid the information for ourselves and not spread it here on the forums.
    I agree It's Tough To Tackle Leaks as the reason u mentioned is pretty strong. But nothing is impossible there must be some ways doing do , There are always some Open doors which are not thinking of.. It's damn challenging but surely one day SC will do something strict for that .

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    I hate leaks.They spoil all the hype.But i am not sure this is the way to stop them.

They could embed a small image within a larger image. Each youtuber or whoever gets a different embedded image. The image should be somewhere within the image rather than the edge so it can’t be cropped and must be relatively inconspicuous. That way, they could trace back the source of the leak.

That’s what I do. I actually have a Facebook memory from today of a photoshopped image I created, and I inserted a small signature near the center of the image that you wouldn’t notice unless you were looking for it.

I don't know about this, man. I feel like small leaks for a casual phone game don't warrant the overly sensitive reaction - neither from SC nor from the people. It's not like we're talking about national level government secrets here. Besides, sneak peeks are just official leaks.

But that just me.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    A great way to stop the leaks would be giving each youtuber a slightly different coloured village :-)

Embedding Encrypted Watermark Such that, Owners don't even notice that There is such things which can be traced back at time of need. Like some clue that can lead to Leaks.. Actually stoping data mining is not possible but leaking stuff knowingly can be dropped. they broke Trust of SUPERCELL and deserve some Actions, they Leaks Screenshot and screen Recording..that should not be acceptable.. This will definitely take some time but really need attention. Just do it and don't say we just embedded a tracker to caught Them red handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    A great way to stop the leaks would be giving each youtuber a slightly different coloured village :-)
    They can always apply filter to images and video..So not gonna work.

It’s also worth keeping in mind Supercell has probably already come up with methods to curb leaks and aren’t likely to discuss them or the actions they take as a result.

For the forum itself, we all just need to act responsibly and not share leaked information if discovered and quietly report those who do (i.e. no need to inform the violator they’ve been reported). WE can’t stop or prevent what happens on Reddit, youtube, or other parts of the Internet where Clash-related information may appear, but we can keep the forums tidy with self-maintenance.