Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Matchmaking against TH13

New Bloke/Chick

Matchmaking against TH13

I just recently upgraded to TH12 and since then I'm mostly getting TH13s in my matchmaking. Is this normal? I thought I would mostly get opponents my TH level. I'm in Titan League II.

Its Titans dude, Ofc you'll see mostly th 13s. Even my mini th 11 is in titans 3 and seeing mostly 13s. It does try to match your equivalent but in higher leagues, there is a lack of numbers for lower ths so it will match with the bases available. But if you drop to masters, you'll likely see all th 12s in matchmaking.
    Last edited by vmario; June 20th, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

My th12 is seeing tons of th13s in Master/Champ. They're everywhere, but we need more.
    Last edited by toofinedog; June 20th, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezum View Post
    I just recently upgraded to TH12 and since then I'm mostly getting TH13s in my matchmaking. Is this normal? I thought I would mostly get opponents my TH level. I'm in Titan League II.
    When you're in champions league or higher the matchmaking algorithm no longer factors in your TH level. It is purely random matchmaking. Since there are much fewer TH12s in upper Titans then it's no surprise you'll mostly get matched against TH13. So to answer your question, yes it's normal and everything is working normally.
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 50 | RC 18 |

Centennial Club
    The difference between TH12 and TH13 isn't much either. If one attacks nicely TH12 can also clear most of TH13.

Also as others said more higher level TH as you move up league ladder. Tries to match similar bases if available.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    When you're in champions league or higher the matchmaking algorithm no longer factors in your TH level. It is purely random matchmaking. Since there are much fewer TH12s in upper Titans then it's no surprise you'll mostly get matched against TH13. So to answer your question, yes it's normal and everything is working normally.
    I have looked at the wiki and cannot find anything official about what leagues take TH level into acccount for matchmaking, except this on the wiki raid page which says that the matchmaking algorithm takes TH level into account, without specifying any league exceptions. Note this does not include legend league.

anecdotally, from my experience, the algorithm, if you are th12, will try match you with a th12 first, then th13 or th11, then th10, etc

As a th12, the higher your league the more th13s you will find, the lower your league the more th11s you will find.
    Last edited by Iftheskyisblue; June 21st, 2020 at 02:27 AM.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    I have looked at the wiki and cannot find anything official about what leagues take TH level into acccount for matchmaking. As far as i know the matchaking algorithm in ALL leagues, apart from legend league, DOES take TH level into account when matching.

anecdotally, from my experience, the algorithm, if you are th12, will try match you with a th12 first, then th13 or th11, then th10, etc

As a th12, the higher your league the more th13s you will find, the lower your league the more th11s you will find.

edit : does anyone have an official link for th level consideration in matchmaking ?
    It's common knowledge that matchmaking above masters doesn't account for TH level. You could do a search of the forums and find hundreds of threads discussing it.
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 50 | RC 18 |

Quote Originally Posted by Sahilagg8901 View Post
    The difference between TH12 and TH13 isn't much either. If one attacks nicely TH12 can also clear most of TH13.

Also as others said more higher level TH as you move up league ladder. Tries to match similar bases if available.
    A newly upgraded TH11 to TH12, is not the same as a developed TH12 attacking a 13.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Yep. My experience is it takes 10-20 nexts before my TH12 in Titans I sees another TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahilagg8901 View Post

The difference between a max TH12 & a TH13 with scattershots is quite a bit. You're not likely to be 3 starring a non-rushed TH13 with a half decent base. 2 stars on a TH13 with maxed eagle, infernos, xbows & scattershots is far from a given for a TH12.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    I have looked at the wiki and cannot find anything official about what leagues take TH level into acccount for matchmaking, except this on the wiki raid page which says that the matchmaking algorithm takes TH level into account, without specifying any league exceptions. Note this does not include legend league.

This is all I can find officially on the subject:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Trophy-Offers

Where it says "Multiplayer matchmaking is now less likely to offer targets at a 2-level Town Hall difference (only below Champion League)"

I'm sure there was more said at the time.