Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Valk AI messed up?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    Nope the AI is okay. I still do Falcons (includes a great amount of valkyrie) on my mini and I am able to send em to the core almost every time.
    I would say that your funneling is not okay. You must learn to funnel properly. Baby dragons are great for doing effective funnels along with a queen walk/charge.
    As you say you attack on your mini which I'm guessing is not above th10. So it tends to make funneling process easier.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    Nope the AI is okay. I still do Falcons (includes a great amount of valkyrie) on my mini and I am able to send em to the core almost every time.
    I would say that your funneling is not okay. You must learn to funnel properly. Baby dragons are great for doing effective funnels along with a queen walk/charge.
    Yeah I'm not talking about Funneling, I do funnel being a TH10 ofc xD. I'm saying they're not like Hogs or Balloons where all Hogs hit the same building, but they scatter up for no joy
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

Valks AI is not really messed up but it’s different. They require a different funnel so you need to perform more scouting on the funnel. They prioritize groups of buildings so they can hit two at the same time. If a building is next to the wall then they will target that before looking inward. I don’t use the regularly any more. But used to love pairing them with hogs. I used to take a lot of extra wizes. And a couple giants if necessary.

A couple of years ago they did nerf the hit points rather significantly.

My only issues with all the “adjustments” were really in response to people complaining about their lazy, ring base getting flattened.

Ring bases are just a way to easily use troop AI against themselves for defense.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    No. Have a closer look. She does not run to the nearest. There is a pseudo-randomizing effect that pushes the group to break up.
    Sorry but that is a buff to valk AI, and not a nerd. Valk is a melee troop that does splash damage. Splash damage is more effective when she hits two buildings. Valks do not target a building per se but a spot between adjacent buildings, or between a building and a wall. This effectively doubles her damage, but causes her to run to the back side of a nearby building. Hence the scattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahilagg8901 View Post
    As you say you attack on your mini which I'm guessing is not above th10. So it tends to make funneling process easier.
    Falcons are still effective in TH 11 . And what on earth makes the funneling easier ?Being a TH 10? I couldnt get you .

Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    Yeah I'm not talking about Funneling, I do funnel being a TH10 ofc xD. I'm saying they're not like Hogs or Balloons where all Hogs hit the same building, but they scatter up for no joy
    Yep they scatter. I wont tell that it never happens to me. Rather its much better to tell that my success rate to send valks properly is about 80% which means I also somehow fail . Apologies if I have told something previously which meant that I was the only guy who never fails at sending em to the right place.
    Splitting up by the valk army is a common thing we are experiencing. But probably a best solution would be getting a AQ walk around the base ( direction setup using baby dragons) and then a king from the incoming side who with a group of wizards would clean up the buildings and later on send the valkyries. Never hold your finger to send all of em at the same time . Use one to test the direction . If you see that one valkyries went for the core then you are good to go. In this way you can ensure a 'guided deployment'.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Sorry but that is a buff to valk AI, and not a nerd. Valk is a melee troop that does splash damage. Splash damage is more effective when she hits two buildings. Valks do not target a building per se but a spot between adjacent buildings, or between a building and a wall. This effectively doubles her damage, but causes her to run to the back side of a nearby building. Hence the scattering.
    An intelligent point Papa.

They changed the AI of valks? As far as I know, they increased the attack speed and lowered the hp. Don't know anything about the new AI.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by IBWOLF2 View Post
    if troops are so well balanced ..why was the need to have hero strength increased to the point, that the hero have a combined strength of doing 2000 hp/s in damage..why the siege equipment..or introduction of new hero ie.. royal champion, with a mission to take out defense..
    my view..cause it became obvious that these well balanced troops could no longer pound their way to the core of a base...let alone take out the th.....no matter how good the funnel was...the introduction of the siege my guess the wall breakers were so unpredictable they were useless in opening walls .. and the jump spell was as unpredictable of troop use..
    try attacking a th 13 base with out hero or siege...bet that most times these well balanced troops can not even break down the outter walls before a few base defences wastes them..and with out the over powering hero's to get to core or take down th....to me the over powering hero's is what is balancing the troops....can troops alone get to core of a base .my guess it would be a very low % of the time....could siege and hero get to base core...my bet these troops would have a lot higher % of a chance...
    so what is balance ..equal....troops should have equal chance...or close to same %...as hero's to get into core ...
    that's why I consider the troops not to be balanced..
    Then why use troops? Build an army full of healers and heal every hero.

Havent used so long with group of valkeriye from army camp....doest know the great use of walkeriye excet (i moslty used in cc but after yeti thats also changed)