Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Is Valk AI messed up?

  1. #11
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    What's your suggestion on building a wider funnel? Thanks
    Use Valks regularly and learn from there.
    I can't give pointer as each base design are unique and thus the funnel you have to build is different. But basically if there is slight chance your Valks will drift to the buildings on right/left, then you have to take those buildings out before you deploy your Valks. In short, you have to remove those option so that your Valks got no where else to go except the place you want them to go.

  2. #12
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    Truth be told, most troops in CoC are balanced in contrast to CR. Even the simplest troops, Giants, Wizards , WB, Dragons and even Minions and Ice Golems have use in Th13... It seems like not much work has been put in to bring the Valkyrie back again...
    if troops are so well balanced ..why was the need to have hero strength increased to the point, that the hero have a combined strength of doing 2000 hp/s in damage..why the siege equipment..or introduction of new hero ie.. royal champion, with a mission to take out defense..
    my view..cause it became obvious that these well balanced troops could no longer pound their way to the core of a base...let alone take out the th.....no matter how good the funnel was...the introduction of the siege my guess the wall breakers were so unpredictable they were useless in opening walls .. and the jump spell was as unpredictable of troop use..
    try attacking a th 13 base with out hero or siege...bet that most times these well balanced troops can not even break down the outter walls before a few base defences wastes them..and with out the over powering hero's to get to core or take down th....to me the over powering hero's is what is balancing the troops....can troops alone get to core of a base .my guess it would be a very low % of the time....could siege and hero get to base core...my bet these troops would have a lot higher % of a chance...
    so what is balance ..equal....troops should have equal chance...or close to same %...as hero's to get into core ...
    that's why I consider the troops not to be balanced..
    Last edited by IBWOLF2; June 20th, 2020 at 06:49 AM.

  3. #13
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    Hey guys,
    Quick question...

    Do you all think Valk AI is messed up? Cause even after I properly funneled a base, they tend to scatter around the base too much and it's not easy to control them like Miners or Hogs at times...

    I saw on YouTube that Valks do a good job around ring bases, though my personal preference is BoWitch after I realised controlling Valks is quite a pain...

    What's your opinion?
    Thanks!
    KPK

    Definitely, the valkyrie is super-messed up.


    A while back, after some change, the valkyrie became over powered - mass valks were able to three-star every base. I was being recognised as sad, because mass all-one-troop, no subtly, it makes the game uninteresting.

    To nerf it, they didn't change any stats, instead they changed targeting for all troops. Troops no longer target their nearest next target, but use some funny algorithm instead, pre-selecting their next three, I think, but definitely not closest, then closest after that gets destroyed.

    This was a good change for air troops. It makes troops clump less. It was super-good for multiple PEKKAs. Multiple PEKKAs no longer bunch to all swing at the same building, they spread out.

    The obvious silly example is seen now with the canon cart. So often, it is broken while on its way to a non-closest target. Then, unable to move, it targets one or two building, within range, unlike the one it was targeting.

    However, for the Valkyrie, this is terrible. The power of the valkyrie was it's mass-swarming. Now that that is gone, they are no longer good.

    You can try to make it still work by doing extreme funnelling. It is hard though.

    The valkyrie is still very good in low TH CCs for defence.

  4. #14
    Forum Elder Doddsyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In the builders secret underground lair
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by IBWOLF2 View Post
    ..
    the game isn’t balanced because it’s difficult to take down the strongest defences without a large portion of your army? Good logic, well done!
    COC MAIN: Working on latest update TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: Working on TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH12 Clash profile

  5. #15
    Forum Elder Doddsyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In the builders secret underground lair
    Posts
    2,738
    The valk AI works as expected, she runs to the nearest touching group of defences, if you want her to head in make sure there’s is a group behind the walls nearer than a group outside the walls. If the group inside is outside her range and there are some single building options within that range she will hit those single buildings first.
    COC MAIN: Working on latest update TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: Working on TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH12 Clash profile

  6. #16
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    The valk AI works as expected, she runs to the nearest touching group of defences, if you want her to head in make sure there’s is a group behind the walls nearer than a group outside the walls. If the group inside is outside her range and there are some single building options within that range she will hit those single buildings first.
    No. Have a closer look. She does not run to the nearest. There is a pseudo-randomizing effect that pushes the group to break up.

  7. #17
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by IBWOLF2 View Post
    if troops are so well balanced ..why was the need to have hero strength increased to the point, that the hero have a combined strength of doing 2000 hp/s in damage..why the siege equipment..or introduction of new hero ie.. royal champion, with a mission to take out defense..
    my view..cause it became obvious that these well balanced troops could no longer pound their way to the core of a base...let alone take out the th.....no matter how good the funnel was...the introduction of the siege my guess the wall breakers were so unpredictable they were useless in opening walls .. and the jump spell was as unpredictable of troop use..
    try attacking a th 13 base with out hero or siege...bet that most times these well balanced troops can not even break down the outter walls before a few base defences wastes them..and with out the over powering hero's to get to core or take down th....to me the over powering hero's is what is balancing the troops....can troops alone get to core of a base .my guess it would be a very low % of the time....could siege and hero get to base core...my bet these troops would have a lot higher % of a chance...
    so what is balance ..equal....troops should have equal chance...or close to same %...as hero's to get into core ...
    that's why I consider the troops not to be balanced..
    Jeez I'm talking about troop balancing, when did I every say Heroes or Spells were not needed? Atleast one can definitely do without siege till TH11 for most cases.

    The fact that Siege was introduced in TH12 and that people in TH11 could win battles without them is a proof already.

    I was talking about how well the troops are balanced and not about army xD
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

    Blow yourself away by reading my brand new idea - The Shadow Spirit!

  8. #18
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    121
    For me valks are useless and I regret upgrading them to Max at th11, I should have upgraded minions or witches instead. Their A.I is twisted and them valks simply vanish no matter how efficient you funnel them

  9. #19
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    127
    Probably super Valkyrie would be smarter. That would be her super ability, i.e. they will have brains.
    Last edited by Sahilagg8901; June 20th, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

  10. #20
    Pro Member drekdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Drake passage , Antarctica
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    Hey guys,
    Quick question...

    Do you all think Valk AI is messed up? Cause even after I properly funneled a base, they tend to scatter around the base too much and it's not easy to control them like Miners or Hogs at times...

    I saw on YouTube that Valks do a good job around ring bases, though my personal preference is BoWitch after I realised controlling Valks is quite a pain...

    What's your opinion?
    Thanks!
    KPK
    Nope the AI is okay. I still do Falcons (includes a great amount of valkyrie) on my mini and I am able to send em to the core almost every time.
    I would say that your funneling is not okay. You must learn to funnel properly. Baby dragons are great for doing effective funnels along with a queen walk/charge.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •