Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: super duper

  1. #1
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005

    super duper

    ok let’s talk about super troops and balancing

    first off let me just say that I am in no way in the same category as developers when it comes to gaming technology, I am a blue collared old man who has been around the gaming world since the 80s, so if I say something that seems ridiculous it probably is, take it for what you will

    balancing; equalization between offence and defence, simple concept in theory

    offence troops with individual abilities, hps, dps, etc etc etc...... defensive buildings designed with their own individual abilities, hps, dps, etc etc etc... if designed properly they will coexist with each other and harmony will come between them and Nirvana is achieved!! everyone has fun, and is challenged in an acceptable way that appeases the masses.

    now things need to be done to keep the game entertaining, so more content is introduced, the developers both embrace and relish the thought of this happening. So they begin the delicate dance to try and obtain that perfect balance all over again. Pending on the size of the game will depend on the difficulty it is, because one small change starts the snowball effect on everything in it’s path, but eventually the developers prevail and Nirvana is once again achieved!

    ok, now here is my point;

    a troop is introduced, it’s not a new troop per say, it’s just better, matter of fact it’s “super”. But with the introduction of this troop, there is no adjustments made to anything else, the world of balancing is not considered, but that’s ok because this troop is only there for a limited time, but then can be brought back again and again and again.
    Now so far from what I have seen, the “super” troops that have been used have not greatly effected the game, but we are on the edge of bringing in more powerful troops, such as the witch. My fear is that if say the “super” witch for example throws too much weight into the offence that SC will consider that defences need to be buffed, but if that is done based on the fact that the “super” witch can only be used for 7 days, what happens when you can’t use that troop for the next 7 days but the defence remains the same. Thus my saying, super troops should not be considered when talking about balancing the game.

    I hope that makes sense to everyone because this was a lot of typing for me....... now I need a beer


    ps; I do love this game, thus my reason for speaking out.....
    Last edited by Night Crawler; June 19th, 2020 at 01:25 AM.

  2. #2
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,788
    Then they nerf the op super troop and dont buff defenses. Seems simple.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Then they nerf the op super troop and dont buff defenses. Seems simple.
    But then nobody uses it, a bit like super giants. So what is the point of it?


    Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.

  4. #4
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    147
    most OP troops/spells have been nerfed pretty fast. i dont see why theyd make an exception for super troops? wall wrecker was the first of the siege machines and they instead nerfed it instead of buffing defense to that standard. super troops are also different than seasonal troops which might be more unbalanced. but SC will never leave a troop in a state that will completely unbalance the 3 star rates. so if you do speculate that a super troop is OP (after seeing the sneak peeks) then you can likely assume a nerf, like bat spell wall wrecker and many other new additions in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustaboutokinwar View Post
    But then nobody uses it, a bit like super giants. So what is the point of it?
    bats were nerfed and are still used. yetis were nerfed and are still used, miners were nerfed and are still used. air attacks still exist after the introduction of the air sweeper. theres also the side that they arent commonly used but give relatively similar results, such as valks, commonality is also relative to your clan. ive seen some weird clan war league days where the whole team is using the same gowitch team and maybe they think no one ever uses dragons because those are the uncommon defenses they receive
    Last edited by CorValerie; June 19th, 2020 at 02:00 AM.

  5. #5
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustaboutokinwar View Post
    But then nobody uses it, a bit like super giants. So what is the point of it?
    There is a difference between being a good option and op. If super witch means a guaranteed 3 star, its op. If it gives you a slight edge, it's super. Personally, super giants and barbs arent super enough. Wall breakers and gobs are.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  6. #6
    So it would seem like they need a range of super troops, that might actually be useful to all who are interested in using? And lets remember they are supposed to be a buff with the dark elixir cost.

    Let's hope the new ones achieve that goal, maybe?


    Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.

  7. #7
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    There is a difference between being a good option and op. If super witch means a guaranteed 3 star, its op. If it gives you a slight edge, it's super. Personally, super giants and barbs arent super enough. Wall breakers and gobs are.
    I get your point and don’t disagree, but I also agree that there wouldn’t be much point to them either.

    But my main point is still that the balancing of the game itself shouldn’t be based on a troop that cannot be used continuously in the game. So your only option is to either just leave it being OP as a “super” troop, or nerf it to the point of where it would fit in, which then would presumably be what it’s normal self would be, wouldn’t it?

  8. #8
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    snip...
    a troop is introduced, it’s not a new troop per say, it’s just better, matter of fact it’s “super”. But with the introduction of this troop, there is no adjustments made to anything else, the world of balancing is not considered....
    Why do you think Super Troops have different housing space compare to normal troops? That's a balancing particularly made to contain the impact of Super Troops during its 7 days of activation and no impact to the regular side of the game when Super Troops is on cooldown.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    Now so far from what I have seen, the “super” troops that have been used have not greatly effected the game...
    Hopefully that explain why you haven't seen Super Troops used greatly to affect the game.
    I doubt Super Witch have the same housing space as Regular Witch, even if they have the same housing space you can be sure there are certain weak attributes Super Witch have that Regular Witch doesn't have. The balancing will be done for that particular Super Troop and not Defenses.

  9. #9
    Another possibility would be to bring in specific defenses to counter specific troops. Eagle Artillery (golems), Tesla (Pekka), giant bomb (hogs), bomb tower (miners?) are examples. Maybe bring in specific defenses that are not useful against normal troops but could neutralise the super troops. Imagine a trap that instantly kills one troop. It could ruin a super wall breakers attack but would have limited effect against normal wall breakers.

  10. #10
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I get your point and don’t disagree, but I also agree that there wouldn’t be much point to them either.

    But my main point is still that the balancing of the game itself shouldn’t be based on a troop that cannot be used continuously in the game. So your only option is to either just leave it being OP as a “super” troop, or nerf it to the point of where it would fit in, which then would presumably be what it’s normal self would be, wouldn’t it?
    Not exactly. They are similar to the implementations of gear ups. They have tradeoffs. Mostly troop space. 2 super wall breakers are equal to 8 regular. If you are good, not like me, you can get the same effect for fewer regular. But supers are easier. The balance is in gives an advantage but not too much. Personally, not really a fan of the concept which is a whole nother discussion.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •