Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mismatch in classic wars

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I buy some stuff occasionally, and others do in our clans, what difference between other clans is purely preference. I can tell you that self match clans provide 0 revenue since they can't change bases on either side else it will throw one side out of perfect balance.
    Sorry. You will have to talk really slowly. I am not understanding your connection between revenue and changing bases.

Revenue is tied to paying players. How does that have any connection to any other aspect of the game. Indeed a clanless player might spend more money on the game than you.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    They can change the bases on both the sides at once :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    They could, but why would they?

But nobody here could possibly know what "those" clans look like..
    24 hours a day...7 days a week...every worker, save one for walls. That is the typical upgrading happening for most every player in the thousands of Orange League clans and hundreds of FWA clans.

Nobody could possibly know? Are you sure about that? There are many thousands of players that are currently or have been at one time in an OL, FWA, or one of the many smaller leagues. I have seen them post in these forums. Search threads that ask ‘what’s FWA? They are quickly advised to go to the Band app by members on this forum. I have been a co-leader in war clans and FWA clans.

About revenue...many or most FWA players spend money on the game. Zero revenue? Are you sure about that?

For FWA there are strict rules NOT to participate in CWL. If the clan does, it does so as an actively, fully competitive clan, trying to win war and does not ‘act’ like an FWA.

So subjectively lets share an opinion. You suggest FWA/OL/etc provide zero value to the game.

My opinion is ‘causal’ players far outnumber ‘serious’ players and engineering ruined war fun for causal players. Causal players are much more fun in chat then serious players that get angry, berate inexperienced players, and threaten to leave the clan. (This is a game? My child does not need some stranger berating him over 2 stars). You need causal players to maintain a large player base. Causal players are NOT well represented in forums.

Another: FWA, etc are not playing the game as SC intended.

True, but SC never intended neglected defenses either. Engineers don’t play it as SC intended either.
    Last edited by JD4U; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:39 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    Sorry. You will have to talk really slowly. I am not understanding your connection between revenue and changing bases.

Revenue is tied to paying players. How does that have any connection to any other aspect of the game. Indeed a clanless player might spend more money on the game than you.
    If players are not upgrading, what would they spend money on?

Most of the revenue comes from players upgrading things - making that quicker and cheaper (in resources) is the biggest benefit of gold pass, and these players will never be interested in gemming hero upgrades, or any others.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #54
    24 hours a day...7 days a week...every worker, save one for walls. That is the typical upgrading happening for most every player in the thousands of Orange League clans and hundreds of FWA clans.
    This wasn't talking about FWA, it was about self match clans.

Centennial Club
    Ok. Gotcha. I misread ‘changing bases’. ‘Change’ as in ‘upgrade’. Thanks for talking simple enough. Lol

Nobody could possibly know? Are you sure about that? There are many thousands of players that are currently or have been at one time in an OL, FWA, or one of the many smaller leagues. I have seen them post in these forums. Search threads that ask ‘what’s FWA? They are quickly advised to go to the Band app by members on this forum. I have been a co-leader in war clans and FWA clans.

About revenue...many or most FWA players spend money on the game. Zero revenue? Are you sure about that?

For FWA there are strict rules NOT to participate in CWL. If the clan does, it does so as an actively, fully competitive clan, trying to win war and does not ‘act’ like an FWA.

So subjectively lets share an opinion. You suggest FWA/OL/etc provide zero value to the game.

My opinion is ‘causal’ players far outnumber ‘serious’ players and engineering ruined war fun for causal players. Causal players are much more fun in chat then serious players that get angry, berate inexperienced players, and threaten to leave the clan. (This is a game? My child does not need some stranger berating him over 2 stars). You need causal players to maintain a large player base. Causal players are NOT well represented in forums.

Another: FWA, etc are not playing the game as SC intended.

True, but SC never intended neglected defenses either. Engineers don’t play it as SC intended either.
    Ajax beat me to it..
    But FWA and self matchers are completely different ends of the spectrum..

FWA are out to build their account in the easiest/fastest way, and that involves wars in which the victor is pre determined, so streaks arent possible, but the war bases are arranged so as to guarantee the score without necessity for expensive war armies.

Self matchers are out to build an unbroken streak, and with no expense whatsoever, since only 1 attack need to occur throughout the whole war.
    But the 2 rosters have to find each other, so an uncommon line up increases that likelihood..
    And if the streak is the essence of their game, then progression isnt likely to be furthermost in the mind, more so since the self matching chances will start to regress once top hall starts being included in the break down.
    The MMA is still in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    Another 10 x no eagle TH11 accounts with only lv2 edrags and max lightning?
    Why would they need them?
    It only takes 1 attack to win the war, even if it is only a percentage 0 star attack..
    A TH3 can do that.

Guaranteeing the match is all that is required..
    We can do that with a roster build far below a TH11.

Not that it matters..
    There is no official streak list, and they are being edited out of the one the streakers tend to use.
    Sorta reminds me of the first advice I got here..
    "Change what you can, or wait for SC to change it for you"..
    I guess Sam decided to be pro active.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Why would they need them?
    It only takes 1 attack to win the war, even if it is only a percentage 0 star attack..
    A TH3 can do that.

Guaranteeing the match is all that is required..
    We can do that with a roster build far below a TH11.
    Your right. I missunderstood the qoute axaj was replying to.