Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Am I the only one...

Pro Member

Am I the only one...

that doesn’t like the “hype train” when a new update is coming? Me personally, just once I would like to see SC just drop an update with no sneak peeks. Just one day wake up and “Surprise! Here’s the update!”.

All aboard! Woo wooooooo!

I like sneak peeks and dev videos, but I wouldn’t mind waiting either.

I am with you on this one, the hype that preceded the 'most significant update since clan wars' made the appearance of the builder base that much tougher to swallow.

You’re not alone, well see what we get when we get it and there’s no need for hype. Hype can come when playing
    friends and fun (est dec 10th 2014)
    thx terminus for the amazing sig

Nope, you’re not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by frankie666 View Post
    that doesn’t like the “hype train” when a new update is coming? Me personally, just once I would like to see SC just drop an update with no sneak peeks. Just one day wake up and “Surprise! Here’s the update!”.
    Happened once and it was awfull.

I love the hype; looking forward to what might get revealed the next day, checking out footage from YouTubers, etc.

Builder base might not have been for everyone (nether is clan wars for that matter) but it certainly was significant...

Don’t care for the hype. I am thinking about starting a thread the day after the next update: ‘When is next Update/What’s in it’.

But I will play nice.

Centennial Club
    I like the sneak peeks and whatever. Half the fun in stuff is in looking forward to it. Plus it gives us time to plan. (Say pekkas will get a new level this update, and I use them a lot. Then I'll save my hammer until post-update.)

I myself would ascertain pre-release hype as 15% Supercell, and 85% from "others".

What is that 85 hype%? You know, like a Sneak Peek is released (Supercell's 15%) followed by days of discussing that same Sneak Peek (the other 85%). Or, people posting "When is next update"? Or people posting anything about the "hype train" which then begets discussion on the pre-release process, which keeps the update discussion going, therefore is in itself "hype".

Don't like hype? Stop hyping! Simply ignore it. Don't watch the videos, don't read the threads. Simply "turn it off".
    Last edited by rowman; June 16th, 2020 at 11:37 PM.