Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Am I the only one...

  1. #1
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mount Olympus
    Posts
    593

    Am I the only one...

    that doesn’t like the “hype train” when a new update is coming? Me personally, just once I would like to see SC just drop an update with no sneak peeks. Just one day wake up and “Surprise! Here’s the update!”.

  2. #2
    Forum Elder toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,139
    All aboard! Woo wooooooo!

    I like sneak peeks and dev videos, but I wouldn’t mind waiting either.

  3. #3
    Millennial Club NightsWatchMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    #boycott-the-blimp
    Posts
    1,173
    I am with you on this one, the hype that preceded the 'most significant update since clan wars' made the appearance of the builder base that much tougher to swallow.

  4. #4
    Pro Member Daralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    604
    You’re not alone, well see what we get when we get it and there’s no need for hype. Hype can come when playing
    friends and fun (est dec 10th 2014)
    thx terminus for the amazing sig


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    CA United States
    Posts
    237
    Nope, you’re not the only one!

  6. #6
    Furry Bunny wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    15,463
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie666 View Post
    that doesn’t like the “hype train” when a new update is coming? Me personally, just once I would like to see SC just drop an update with no sneak peeks. Just one day wake up and “Surprise! Here’s the update!”.
    Happened once and it was awfull.

  7. #7
    I love the hype; looking forward to what might get revealed the next day, checking out footage from YouTubers, etc.

    Builder base might not have been for everyone (nether is clan wars for that matter) but it certainly was significant...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    202
    Don’t care for the hype. I am thinking about starting a thread the day after the next update: ‘When is next Update/What’s in it’.

    But I will play nice.

  9. #9
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    167
    I like the sneak peeks and whatever. Half the fun in stuff is in looking forward to it. Plus it gives us time to plan. (Say pekkas will get a new level this update, and I use them a lot. Then I'll save my hammer until post-update.)

  10. #10
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,613
    I myself would ascertain pre-release hype as 15% Supercell, and 85% from "others".

    What is that 85 hype%? You know, like a Sneak Peek is released (Supercell's 15%) followed by days of discussing that same Sneak Peek (the other 85%). Or, people posting "When is next update"? Or people posting anything about the "hype train" which then begets discussion on the pre-release process, which keeps the update discussion going, therefore is in itself "hype".

    Don't like hype? Stop hyping! Simply ignore it. Don't watch the videos, don't read the threads. Simply "turn it off".
    Last edited by rowman; June 16th, 2020 at 11:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •