Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan leaders - how do you cope with the workload of managing a clan?

Need a good set of coleaders. One person can't do it all. I ran a clan for over 5 years. Finally passed it on last year bc of getting burnt out. Best thing is have done was leave. Found a top 15 USA clan and have been enjoying the game ever since. No responsibility. Everyone knows how to play and leadership is great. I recommend this to anyone.

Ps. Alliances are for noobs. As others posted, it does nothing for your clan. Might as well be Facebook friends. Have more benefits and interaction.

Centennial Club
    Thanks for all the advice, it has certainly helped me (kind of disillusioned me, I think isss being far too ambitious) and Iím sure it has helped other leaders too. Iíll keep managing the feeder and main clan, but make the feeder only minis of ppl in the main. Will probably make it easier.

Think Im going on 5 or 6 years now as a lead. You cant be all or see all so you need to invest in a group of co leaders that share your desire to grow a successful clan. As far as recruiting goes, I tell everyone that recruting is a clan effort. Everyone has a responsibility to try and recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Centennial Club
    Yes that is something hard , but enjoyable
    I was a leader of lvl 10 clan and lost it for some reasons and now I started a new clan which is of lvl 3 going pretty well
    👉 To overcome donations problem I am doing most simple thing I started a new account and now I have two accounts one th 13 and another th 11 from both I can donate easily to members and even to myself for attacks and compete in legend league
    👉 The main problem still is recruiting new members I feel like once your clan is old chances of joining of new members becomes less even new using new recruitment tool I send couple of invites and only one or two joins then leaves
    And I stay motivated because I know the simple thing that , I am doing this because I want to do this
    So Be happy and clash on

reduce the workload. 1 clan, with 20-30 clan members most with 1 trusted CO to run wars when your on vacation.

This is a really difficult one. Disclaimer, our clan is lvl 19 and for some reason we seem by accident to have some some really good attackers and some nice guys that have joined us. As leader (I am), I am sorry to say (and you seem to be doing it), that all you can do is donate, encourage and guide. I would cut down on feeder clans, get strongest into main. Believe me, conversation is the best way to get people to talk about attacks, donate and just be involved. So talk. It isn't easy at any clan level. You seem to have done very well from what you have described

Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustaboutokinwar View Post
    This is a really difficult one. Disclaimer, our clan is lvl 19 and for some reason we seem by accident to have some some really good attackers and some nice guys that have joined us. As leader (I am), I am sorry to say (and you seem to be doing it), that all you can do is donate, encourage and guide. I would cut down on feeder clans, get strongest into main. Believe me, conversation is the best way to get people to talk about attacks, donate and just be involved. So talk. It isn't easy at any clan level. You seem to have done very well from what you have described
    That's some very good advice and very modest. Your clanmates are lucky to have you.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 711 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Fresh Spawn
    I started a clan 2 months ago and now it now has 22 members. But I have also kicked many inactive players who never attacked on clan wars or CWL. About getting new members, you can either search players or invite a good player those you have matched within a multiplayer or versus battle. Inviting active good players would make it easier for you to lead and manage your clan either in donations and wars.

Don't let inactive players linger in your clan, let alone include them in clan wars. This can cause other active players to become discouraged and go looking for an active clan. According to what I observed, having a clan with a lot of high-level TH members is not the main factor for the clan to succeed in wars. But the activeness and the skills of the members are what makes a clan more realistic to achieve goals.

Centennial Club
    Two weeks later Iíd like to update the situation, hopefully no warnings for necro ing a thread (it was on the front page of the clan talk section so I think itís alright.) I feel much more comfortable. Iíve taken a more laissez-faire approach (I still recruit but only once a day on forums / Reddit) and have let my cos take on more of the workload. Weíve disbanded the feeder cos we didnít have the ability to properly maintain it. CWL is always a bit of a nightmare but doing 2 15s rather than 1 30 helped with the matchups. Thanks for the advice guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Zera041 View Post
    Two weeks later I’d like to update the situation, hopefully no warnings for necro ing a thread (it was on the front page of the clan talk section so I think it’s alright.) I feel much more comfortable. I’ve taken a more laissez-faire approach (I still recruit but only once a day on forums / Reddit) and have let my cos take on more of the workload. We’ve disbanded the feeder cos we didn’t have the ability to properly maintain it. CWL is always a bit of a nightmare but doing 2 15s rather than 1 30 helped with the matchups. Thanks for the advice guys!
    Congrats Zera.. Now you can enjoy your role.
    Good luck to you and the guys.

PS.. Dont forget to step in as needed.. Even tho you gave responsibility to others, a clan still always looks to their leader for leadership.