Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Elixir/gold imbalance at some town hall levels if you are a ‘maxed’?

Centennial Club

Elixir/gold imbalance at some town hall levels if you are a ‘maxed’?

I started mini accounts which are currently town hall 8. It seems as if I am ‘sitting’ on full elixir storages way before the town hall is maxed. I am just waiting for the lab to clear and still have to raid for gold (get to raid, as dragons are fun).

I have 5 builders that I keep busy. It seems I had this same imbalance with my other accounts.

I have taken to putting my elixir storages and collectors in an unprotected corner hoping that some raiders leave my gold alone. At one point I quit emptying elixir collectors.

This happened at the end of town hall 7 also.

I know, I can just upgrade TH. My question for ‘maxers’ if they have noticed any other imbalances at other TH levels?

This imbalance will always be there because number of builders varies as 2 or more.

Th8 has been famous for having a surplus of elixir.

As far as I know, you should not have loot problems in later town halls because of the hero grind (at th9 2 heroes start to get real grindy.) and being able to upgrade walls with elixir too.

Also, in my opinion maxing isn't worth it right now, at least at lower town halls like 8 - 10.

Centennial Club
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DoritosSk View Post
    Th8 has been famous for having a surplus of elixir.

As far as I know, you should not have loot problems in later town halls because of the hero grind (at th9 2 heroes start to get real grindy.) and being able to upgrade walls with elixir too.

Also, in my opinion maxing isn't worth it right now, at least at lower town halls like 8 - 10.
    Even before the latest cuts the imbalance is between de and gold / elixir. If you are at all active, you can farm walls and buildings well before lab and heroes. Especially at 9 and even 10. I suspect it's worse now. It's not terrible at 11 but my mini is doing walls at an alarming rate. At least I have the warden to help burn elixir. The cost cuts with no corresponding time decreases exacerbates the imbalance. I suspect we'll see even larger numbers of people with heavy defenses and low heroes and troops because of this.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Trainee
    Th 8 especially has always been like that, even 5 or 6 yrs ago. You had excess elixir because there's just nowhere to put it. On my mini I just skipped th8 as soon as my elixir storage started to be full all the time. Better go to 9 and dump that extra loot in walls

Centennial Club
    Thank you.

Centennial Club
    Never waste a resource. As soon as you hit the surplus, go to the next th. It just makes more sense to keep using everything. Th8 is so far from the top, that rushing to th9 doesn’t hurt that bad, especially these days with all the help/speeded up stuff that is available.
    FlatulusMaximus-TH13
    Former Leader of Exiled Kings-#9UQRYVLJ RIP

Quote Originally Posted by FlatulusMaximus View Post
    Never waste a resource. As soon as you hit the surplus, go to the next th. It just makes more sense to keep using everything. Th8 is so far from the top, that rushing to th9 doesn’t hurt that bad, especially these days with all the help/speeded up stuff that is available.
    Assuming your #1 goal is to get to maxed th13 as fast as possible...

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

TH8 is indeed really poorly balanced.

Now if you really want to max TH8 (don't know why you would), there are a couple of things you can do to prolong the stay:

- Elixir storages outside
    - No upgrading of elixir collectors past TH5ish
    - Elixir heavy farm army
    - Gold focus (to the point of tunnel vision) when nexting

When that's said though, the moment you jump to TH9 the problem vanishes completely due to elixir dumps. I'd strongly advise to go up if you're out of elixir upgrades at TH8.