Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 2months ago got robbed by SupGob 3times in a row without getting shield changed yet ?

2months ago got robbed by SupGob 3times in a row without getting shield changed yet ?

So 'bout two months ago [ TH-11 ] (I've no idea why I didn't bring it up back then)

My resources got ~100% stolen, and only got a 30 minutes shield

and as soon as my shield run out, I got robbed again with ~100% resources stolen

and after few hours, I got robbed the third time, finally get a shield

All of them are using Super goblin and some spells

I wasn't online, and I know this on the defense log

So now I lower my trophy to gold~crystal

I've no idea how the shield thing are calculated, but did Super Goblin get any special treatment ?

Welp, that was the only time I faced this monstrosity.

Anyone has any experience on similar things ?

p.s.
    1) Base Layout I was using back then : https://www.clasher.us/design/a-nice...dc206dd7facf79
    2) It was a fully max-ed TH10, with all TH-11 new building, EA Lv.2
    3) Storage was nearly full, offline for around 10 hours sleeping Zzz
    4) Both attacks were < 30%, and the last one give me shield
    Last edited by RachelDawnAmber; June 14th, 2020 at 01:27 AM.

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Getting a shield is based on total destruction and enough of an army must be deployed. Both conditions must be met

In theory it’s quite possible to have all your resources stolen and not receive a shield and yes with super gobs this could sure happen more easily.

Edit:
    This is a bit of an older post explaining how shields work. And the numbers like shield lengths have changed a bit etc but the essence of how it works is still the same.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-Defending
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; June 13th, 2020 at 06:48 AM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Getting a shield is based on total destruction and enough of an army must be deployed. Both conditions must be met

In theory it’s quite possible to have all your resources stolen and not receive a shield and yes with super gobs this could sure happen more easily.

Edit:
    This is a bit of an older post explaining how shields work. And the numbers like shield lengths have changed a bit etc but the essence of how it works is still the same.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-Defending
    I mean I know it has nothing to do with resources being stolen, but being stolen that much of resources without getting any shield and 3 times in a row is a bit unbearable.

I was just saying, shouldn't super goblin get a special treatment for that cause
    Last edited by RachelDawnAmber; June 13th, 2020 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDawnAmber View Post
    I mean I know it has nothing to do with resources being stolen, but being stolen that much of resources without getting any shield and 3 times in a row is a bit unbearable.

I was just saying, shouldn't super goblin get a special treatment for that cause
    I frequently do this with regular goblins it is nothing new. If you dont want this to occur you can put your resources under more protection. (change your mortars and wiz towers to protecting storage and collector, put your town hall and storages and collectors inside walls of your base and if neccisary put wiz and mort outside of your walls covering them) I hope this helps. This way they will have to hit you hard to get your resources and you will get a shield.
    Last edited by Wachichi; June 13th, 2020 at 07:07 AM.

If i put all ressources in one corner then obviously everyon can steal em with only one hero and without gaining any shield.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    If i put all ressources in one corner then obviously everyone can steal em with only one hero and without gaining any shield.
    It's not the case >_>

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Personally I donít think so. It makes for an extra dimension players have to take into consideration.
    Bases probably need to be designed differently to prevent so many resources lost with so few troops deployed. As an extreme example of poor bases, with my mini Iíve attacked the type of base in the lower leagues where they had all storages tucked up in the center all cozy. A jump and some super gobs cleaned it out quick.

The choice of league a player wants to play in also matters. In leagues where players generally care about their bonus and winning this is less of an issue and getting shields is more reliable. Certain choices have certain consequences and itís a matter of personal choice.
    I like the extra dimension such things add to the game and donít see why super gobs should suddenly be treated differently because of this phenomenon.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

It's not the case >_>
    it's not the case but the concept is the same.

1+1=2
    2+2=4

what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Personally I don’t think so. It makes for an extra dimension players have to take into consideration.
    Bases probably need to be designed differently to prevent so many resources lost with so few troops deployed. As an extreme example of poor bases, with my mini I’ve attacked the type of base in the lower leagues where they had all storages tucked up in the center all cozy. A jump and some super gobs cleaned it out quick.

The choice of league a player wants to play in also matters. In leagues where players generally care about their bonus and winning this is less of an issue and getting shields is more reliable. Certain choices have certain consequences and it’s a matter of personal choice.
    I like the extra dimension such things add to the game and don’t see why super gobs should suddenly be treated differently because of this phenomenon.
    My problem with them is, as long as Super Goblin didn't destroyed 30%, shield is not granted.
    Base design doesn't matter as long as Super Goblin can reach the destination within 3 second, which is easy.

Any farming-base design can defend any type of troops, either defends successfully, or get fully destroyed.
    It's more likely 20% destroyed with 20% loots stolen, 50% destroyed with 50% loots stolen or 100%destroyed fully looted

The problem I have with Super Goblin is they ignore any base layout.

Quote Originally Posted by pppla View Post
    it's not the case but the concept is the same.

1+1=2
    2+2=4

what's the difference?
    What're you even saying ?