Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Builder Base mass loss of matches/trophies

  1. #1

    Builder Base mass loss of matches/trophies

    I'm not sure what's going on lately, but I have been suddenly losing 90%+ of my matches and have gone down almost 1,000 trophies. I have everything maxed out. I was consistently in the 5500+ range for months and all of a sudden this is happening. I'm even being matched against way lesser setups and am still losing matches by an alarming rate. I'd like to say I'm doing something bad/different to explain this sudden mass loss of matches, but I'm doing the same thing that has won numerous to get me in the 5500+ range and remain there consistently until now.

    I noticed a month ago or so, something major happened with the trophy count for all top players...it went from 7000+ to low to mid 5000s for the top global and U.S. player rankings.

    Is anyone else experiencing something weird going on with the algorithm of matching?

  2. #2
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,308
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot View Post
    ...
    I noticed a month ago or so, something major happened with the trophy count for all top players...it went from 7000+ to low to mid 5000s for the top global
    It happens every month, upon season end on both bases. It is called Seasonal Trophy Reset! All trophy counts above 5k are reset to exactly 5k. If you end the season at 7k, first day of a new season, you and everyone else are back at 5k.

    You make it to 5k while a season is in-progress. You then continue and make it to 5.5K. Then the season resets, and you and all them "bad boys" that were above 6k and 7k are now all at 5k, all directly competing against each other, and against you. First week or so after a reset can be brutal! Given a week or so, those "bad boys" (as they climb over your back) once again rise to the top of the heap, leaving you facing lesser competion, then you too start rising, until the next reset. So the rollercoaster ride never ends.

    Also keep in mind that Clan Games start near seasonal end. Easier to win battles as the more casual players return only for Clan Game Challenges. Their objective is not necessarily to win, but may be just "Let me get that Star Lab, only thing I want". With all factors considered, much easier getting a high win rate towards season end. Upon start, it is more of you, and the "bad boys" fighting it out, one on one.

    So then, where are we at this very exact moment? We have 17.5 days (upon this writing) remaining in a 28 day season, so 10.5 days have past. Hence, we are mid week #2. Suspect you got whipped last week (week #1), pushing you down and down. Now that the cream of the crop (tier 1 players) have risen back above 6k, gives you some relief, but you are still contending with the "tier 2" and other "tier 3" players. Next week, the tier 1 and 2 players safely out of range, leaving you and the other tier 3 players to get to, and then fight it out, withinin the 5 to 5.5k range. Then Clan Games return, adding some easy prey.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:48 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    It happens every month, upon season end on both bases. It is called Seasonal Trophy Reset! All trophy counts above 5k are reset to exactly 5k. If you end the season at 7k, first day of a new season, you and everyone else are back at 5k.

    You make it to 5k while a season is in-progress. You then continue and make it to 5.5K. Then the season resets, and you and all them "bad boys" that were above 6k and 7k are now all at 5k, all directly competing against each other, and against you. First week or so after a reset can be brutal! Given a week or so, those "bad boys" (as they climb over your back) once again rise to the top of the heap, leaving you facing lesser competion, then you too start rising, until the next reset. So the rollercoaster ride never ends.

    Also keep in mind that Clan Games start near seasonal end. Easier to win battles as the more casual players return only for Clan Game Challenges. Their objective is not necessarily to win, but may be just "Let me get that Star Lab, only thing I want". With all factors considered, much easier getting a high win rate towards season end. Upon start, it is more of you, and the "bad boys" fighting it out, one on one.

    So then, where are we at this very exact moment? We have 17.5 days (upon this writing) remaining in a 28 day season, so 10.5 days have past. Hence, we are mid week #2. Suspect you got whipped last week (week #1), pushing you down and down. Now that the cream of the crop (tier 1 players) have risen back above 6k, gives you some relief, but you are still contending with the "tier 2" and other "tier 3" players. Next week, the tier 1 and 2 players safely out of range, leaving you and the other tier 3 players to get to, and then fight it out, withinin the 5 to 5.5k range. Then Clan Games return, adding some easy prey.
    Thank you for your explanation, I appreciate it!

  4. #4
    I'm actually seeing the opposite this week, I have gone up 400 trophies, sitting at 4k. I have not had any defense upgrades and only BM leveled up once.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:30 PM.

  5. #5
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    I'm actually seeing the opposite this week, I have gone up 400 trophies, sitting at 4k. I have not had any defense upgrades and only BM leveled up once.
    At 4k, you are well below the "5k seasonal fray". Once you get to 5k and experience the reset, your world will change! Same happens on the Main Base, a new season begins, compressing people down to one starting point, can be absolutely brutal.

  6. #6
    Emergency Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    911
    You know what's funny, I was seeing the same thing in my mini - BH9, almost all L9 defenses, L8 traps, L7 walls, around 5200-5300 cups. Suddenly, I started losing like crazy. Enemies were PEKKA/Hogging me to death, getting 90%, even a couple of 3-stars. This NEVER happens, I was double checking to make sure I didn't have a progress base in, or making sure no other shenanigans were going on.

    Then I remembered - I put my guard post down for its final upgrade. That's why my base wasn't defending those attacks. Total facepalm moment.

    Which brings me back to the OP - did you start upgrading a key defense? This can certainly make it a tougher go.

    Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

  7. #7
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Then I remembered - I put my guard post down for its final upgrade. That's why my base wasn't defending those attacks. Total facepalm moment.

    Which brings me back to the OP - did you start upgrading a key defense? This can certainly make it a tougher go.
    Haha yep. Been a long time since i've come across anyone upgrading, but when i found someone with the GP down, it's an easy 3 star with hogs.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Which brings me back to the OP - did you start upgrading a key defense? This can certainly make it a tougher go.
    No, I am maxed on everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •