Thread: General musing ... and a pointer on adding pictures pls ...

General musing ... and a pointer on adding pictures pls ...

... Iím a happy dipper forum member, I pop on now and then have a nose around, ask a few eejit questions every now and again and get enthused about war discussions once in a while The inner workings of the forum and the various different aspects to it remain, largely, a mystery to me. Iíve not got to grips with the search functionality, never find what Iím looking for and canít seem to add a picture to my profile ... I do try but theyíre always too big and it seems extremely difficult to squish my photo down to a size acceptable by the forumís demanding photo editor

I tell you this, to explain Iím a bit unsophisticated in my usage!!

Sooooo, I have no idea what a visitorís page is or why I would get messages on it. But apparently I had one, but didnít see it and itís been deleted by someone called Cowslips and been classified as ďinappropriateĒ. Call me perverse, but Iím now totally curious as to what it said that was deemed inappropriate and why it was deleted before I even saw it to judge whether I would be offended or not

Also, for the love of all that is good on this green earth ... how the flipping heck do I squash my photo down to 100 x 100 to fit in the stupid picture parameters on here? The pic Iím intending to use works on every other platform Iím on, just not this one I remember Darian publishing something to do with an app that squished things for posting on forums, but my ineptitude with the search functionality and not remembering the name of the app (probably a key word for any search) means I canít find that either *wafts hankie in the air dramatically*

Any assistance would be most greatly appreciated

ďSister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.Ē The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! Iím no longer faceless *grins*!

Hey there,
    A few different subjects here, but I may be able to help.

You visitor page is a section of your profile, when you tap/click your name at top of the page, it brings you to your profile, with various tabs. Actually, private messages (not like visitor messages) land in your inbox, found in Ďnotificationsí...
    Thereís some help in my signature for more forum features. i admit, I had not heard of moderated vm much, especially not read/reported by the recipient...

The issue with your profile is that someone may have sent you a visitor message (vm) that was inappropriate, and was moderated. I donít think you need to know the content... maybe ask Cowslips. Send her a vm :lol:, she may tell you.

About the 100x100 this is the limit for your avatar indeed... you can always resize your image in any editor, or visit the signature subtorum, and visit the welcome discussion, reaper or TP may design you one.

Any question, just ask...
    palu

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinio View Post
    ...Sooooo, I have no idea what a visitor’s page is or why I would get messages on it. But apparently I had one, but didn’t see it and it’s been deleted by someone called Cowslips and been classified as “inappropriate”. Call me perverse, but I’m now totally curious as to what it said that was deemed inappropriate and why it was deleted before I even saw it to judge whether I would be offended or not

Any assistance would be most greatly appreciated
    Cowslips is one of the forum moderators. Since we aren't permitted by forum rules to discuss publicly moderators' actions, I suggest you PM (Private Message) her and ask politely and respectfully why she deleted the VM.

A VM stands for Visitor Message used by members to communicate with each other. Please note that unlike a PM, a VM isn't private communication and may be seen by all members. For example, you may see my VMs with other members. Forum moderators enforce rules in public posts, PMs, VMs, and other areas of the forum.

BTW, here's are the forum rules if you haven't read them yet.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Rules-READ%21

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...he-FORUM-RULES

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    June 6, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:26 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Hey there,
    A few different subjects here, but I may be able to help.

You visitor page is a section of your profile, when you tap/click your name at top of the page, it brings you to your profile, with various tabs. Actually, private messages (not like visitor messages) land in your inbox, found in ‘notifications’...
    There’s some help in my signature for more forum features. i admit, I had not heard of moderated vm much, especially not read/reported by the recipient...

The issue with your profile is that someone may have sent you a visitor message (vm) that was inappropriate, and was moderated. I don’t think you need to know the content... maybe ask Cowslips. Send her a vm :lol:, she may tell you.

About the 100x100 this is the limit for your avatar indeed... you can always resize your image in any editor, or visit the signature subtorum, and visit the welcome discussion, reaper or TP may design you one.

Any question, just ask...
    palu
    Thanks Palu for your response, very helpful ... I’ve had TP in my clan visiting for CWL and games before, so will check out his shop Thank you also for not talking to me as if I’m an idiot, it is appreciated I knew about PM, as have used them ... not quite sure what the purpose of the visitor’s bit of the page is tbh, as suspect my page is very boring to visitors lol

I’ll PM Cowslips, as you suggested

ďSister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.Ē The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! Iím no longer faceless *grins*!

I made a thread regarding the size of avatars.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...40-Avatar-size
    Only the Community Managers can adjust the size limit. If you're looking for a cool forum avatar then check out my avatar showcase in the signature section.
    Last edited by Kapersky; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:37 AM.

"The only necessary thing is strength."

Quote Originally Posted by Kapersky View Post
    I made a thread regarding the size of avatars.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...40-Avatar-size
    Only the Community Managers can adjust the size limit. If you're looking for a cool forum avatar then check out my avatar showcase in the signature section.
    I think the size looks fine, just can’t get my photos to fit it ... tyvm for the offer, have already asked Dragon if he’ll do me an avatar/sig ... will wait see if he’ll make me one