Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Permanent Purchasable Super Troops

  1. #1
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    43

    Permanent Un-lockable Super Troops

    Could we get a feature that would allow us to spend 2500+ gems or maybe add a treasury item to CWL that costs between 1250/2000 tokens to permanently unlock a super troop we love and use more than the others, having a 7 day cooldown is a killer when it comes to people who really enjoy that spec troops and want to always use it in their attacks including in war, I would love to see maybe a option in the future to permanently buy super troops for gems or to earn from other means.

    *THE IDEA*
    CWL:League shop
    New item: Example name ďSuper MedallionĒ
    Usage: unlocks one super troop permanently
    Cost: 1250/2000 league tokens

    Optional idea: able to be purchased with a decent amount of gems, would have a large 2-3 month cooldown before another troop can be unlocked permanently using gems and or the CWL token item, the gem option would only be optional so there would be no disadvantage for people who donít play CWL, this would give them a way to obtain a permanent troop if their clan does not take part in CWL.

    Edit: 1 also add a active super troop selector for the permanent ones unlocked, so it limits u to only 1 active super type at a time, this can also be deselected to return to using the normal Troop variant, when a super troop is not toggled u can then rent a super troop u donít own for 7 days using dark elixer, this will also block your access to your permanent owned troops for the duration of the rented one.

    Edit:2 Please read the entire comments down below before u reply with a thought as it explains valid arguments on why this would be good or bad and if itís p2w or F2P.

    This idea is able to be utilized by the F2P community, u can earn gems naturally by deleting your treasury items which we get a lot of, including achievement gems, or gems obtained from removing obstacles, now I donít necessarily mean this should have a way to buy with gems but Incase supercell wanted to add that way I gave my idea for it, For the second way I mentioned adding a CWL token item that lets u unlock a permanent troop, many of the big top endgame players have a load of tokens saved up and nothing to spend them on, so having something thatís expensive on tokens and well worth it would be a good idea, And it might even encourage more clans to push higher up in CWL to earn larger amounts of tokens faster, this idea may seem like itís To overpowered or unbalanced for the endgame but as it is rn, Any pro can 3 star nearly any base with any troop, some of these super troops arenít even used by them in those attacks because some super troops are better than the others for select things, ranging from (farming to war attacks) in which those super troops that benefit more for farming would be amazing to have at all times for farmers, or even the ones that are good for war attacking on max th13 bases.

    My point is the top endgame attacks will always be based on knowledge and skill, so having permanent use of these troops to not have to worry about the week long cooldown shouldnít be a disadvantage at all considering anyone can obtain that permanent use if they aim for it.
    Last edited by DAWNBUDGE; June 6th, 2020 at 08:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Definitely not a good idea. No.

  3. #3
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Definitely not a good idea. No.
    How is it not a good idea? More super troops will eventually be added but, having a permanent feature would make a lot of people happy, if this did happen maybe add a select super troop slot to the permanent ones to make it to where u can only have 1 active super troop type sorta like the current 7 day duration.
    Last edited by DAWNBUDGE; June 6th, 2020 at 05:10 AM.

  4. #4
    It's just a way to keep people playing.

    - Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

  5. #5
    Super Member Nexusios1521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Somewhere under the 🌞
    Posts
    849
    The cooldown for super troops is in place,for people to try out more than one super troop and try out more than one strategy.This cooldown also makes clan members to think strategically and share super troops between them.So yeah,NO!

  6. #6
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexusios1521 View Post
    The cooldown for super troops is in place,for people to try out more than one super troop and try out more than one strategy.This cooldown also makes clan members to think strategically and share super troops between them.So yeah,NO!
    But honestly who uses the barbs and giants, they are pretty lackluster if u ask me... also how does a cooldown make someone think better, that part of your reply isnít really logically understandable besides deciding if u want to use a super troops or not, thatís the only thinking involved with a cooldown.
    Last edited by DAWNBUDGE; June 6th, 2020 at 05:56 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWNBUDGE View Post
    How is it not a good idea? More super troops will eventually be added but, having a permanent feature would make a lot of people happy, if this did happen maybe add a select super troop slot to the permanent ones to make it to where u can only have 1 active super troop type sorta like the current 7 day duration.
    How many of those people would be happy? including you and how many?

    Quote Originally Posted by DAWNBUDGE View Post
    ... also how does a cooldown make someone think better, that part of your reply isn’t really logically understandable besides deciding if u want to use a super troops or not, that’s the only thinking involved with a cooldown.
    If it's not logically understandable in your point of view, then its really a good reason to have a 7 day cooldown.
    Last edited by maximooze007; June 6th, 2020 at 05:59 AM.

  8. #8
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    How many of those people would be happy? including you and how many?

    If it's not logically understandable in your point of view, then its really a good reason to have a 7 day cooldown.
    A cooldown only makes me not want to use the troop at all because why use a troop if I canít keep it and make strategies for it, I donít even use event troops why get good with a troop u wonít always be able to use? Thatís why having a permanent feature would be better, instead of not using the troop at all or else having to debate if itís the right time to buy the 7 day access, because thatís how I feel, ďis it the right time to buy access and or should I even bother getting to know something I canít keep forever?Ē

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWNBUDGE View Post
    A cooldown only makes me not want to use the troop at all because why use a troop if I can’t keep it and make strategies for it, I don’t even use event troops why get good with a troop u won’t always be able to use? That’s why having a permanent feature would be better, instead of not using the troop at all or else having to debate if it’s the right time to buy the 7 day access, because that’s how I feel, “is it the right time to buy access and or should I even bother getting to know something I can’t keep forever?”
    You can "always" use it, you just have to wait 7 days for it.

    You never thought this idea would potentially lead to a "pay-to-win" scenario, if you purchased a permanent version of that troop, how would the other people react if they need to wait another 7 days for it? are you suggesting to force everyone to purchase it? not to mention breaking the purpose and the dynamics of the game strategies, If you will answer me with something like "well clash is Pay to win", then this would be my last response.
    Last edited by maximooze007; June 6th, 2020 at 06:14 AM.

  10. #10
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    You can "always" use it, you just have to wait 7 days for it.
    You never thought this idea would potentially lead to a "pay-to-win" scenario, if you purchased a permanent version of that troop, how would the other people react if they need to wait another 7 days for it? are you suggesting to force everyone to purchase it? not to mention breaking the purpose and the dynamics of the game strategies, If you will answer me with something like "well clash is Pay to win", this would be my last response.
    Yes but the waiting part is the killer because what if u really need it to 3 star a base in war, and u donít have it because your still waiting on the cooldown, that messes up the strategies people make with it, also clash isnt pay to win, F2P players can stack up gems from dismantling items for gems and also gain gems from achievements, which would also give them the option to buy a permanent troop with a slow and steady amount of gem income after a certain amount of time saving up, we gain a lot of gems for free believe it or not, including buying and deleting CWL point items, itís a really good way to make gems, it just takes patience and time. So With this Iíd say the access to owning a permanent troop is = for both P2W and F2P players, both can eventually gain that option.
    Last edited by DAWNBUDGE; June 6th, 2020 at 06:17 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •