Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There has to be something Supercell can do about CWL Spying

New Bloke/Chick

There has to be something Supercell can do about CWL Spying

It used to be silly, now it's getting annoying. I play in 4 clans, and this month EVERY clan has had multiple attempts to get in by players on teams in our CWL bracket...whether it's straight up join requests, trying to friend players and get an invite, or bouncing through 2 or 3 clans...hoping that we can't track to see where they came from.

It seems that something could be done to limit that type of activity (can't stop it, I realize). For example, they track where you start Clan Games...that info follows you to other clans. So if "where you are at a point in time" is a trackable thing, why not track the CWL roster a player is on, and disallow join requests to opponent clans during CWL. Seems doable.

It won't stop "the spy game", but it WILL make it so that enough effort has to be put into it that most casual spies will simply stop.

(BTW, this could be applied to regular wars also. Not as prevolent, but still happens.)

They have. Close your clan or set it to invite only during war.

First day of CWL preparation, the enemy clan's settings were set to "anyone can join", so I jumped in and check if I can "spy",
    the only things I saw were our bases from my original clan, not theirs, maybe because I wasn't signed up on that clan's CWL, good news for everyone.
    Last edited by maximooze007; June 4th, 2020 at 04:03 AM.

Millennial Club
    It's already been done for Champion League clans.
    Since last update they did not allow new members and members without role to view the Clan War page, that include CWL.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-2020-Update

The Clan War Leagues screen in the Champions leagues will be inaccessible to any members without a role and who are not included in the Clan’s League roster. This is to prevent or minimize opposing Clans infiltrating or spying on their rivals by joining the opponents’ Clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    It's already been done for Champion League clans.
    Since last update they did not allow new members and members without role to view the Clan War page, that include CWL.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-2020-Update

The Clan War Leagues screen in the Champions leagues will be inaccessible to any members without a role and who are not included in the Clan’s League roster. This is to prevent or minimize opposing Clans infiltrating or spying on their rivals by joining the opponents’ Clans.
    We're in Gold II, seems they applied that update overall.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    First day of CWL preparation, the enemy clan's settings were set to "anyone can join", so I jumped in and check if I can "spy",
    the only things I saw were our bases from my original clan, not theirs, maybe because I wasn't signed up on that clan's CWL, good news for everyone.
    That is good news.

I don't have any problems with spying in regular wars, but the 3rd party spying in CWL really did need attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    That is good news.

I don't have any problems with spying in regular wars, but the 3rd party spying in CWL really did need attention.
    Ohh yeah, missed that part, though it will undergo tons of discussions to find workarounds, its kinda hard to deal with infiltration, you never know the person's intention until it becomes obvious.

It's been discussed in the stream and it's mentioned clearly as clan management issue, not a problem that needs to be taken care of.

It depends upon the leader and co-leader of your clan . Ask them to close the clan and advice him not to make the war log public .

We had the same issue yesterday, spy from clan came from clan we are fighting today.

So obvious thing he could see in few minutes he was in our clan was chat and home base.

Can someone advise what is that they want to ' Spy" on? What kind of information are they looking for.

Signature thanks to TerMinus Prime, ask for yours
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Minus-Prime-TP