Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: There has to be something Supercell can do about CWL Spying

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    There is something you can do, it's called change your base from war to war. If you change your base frequently in CWL, rotating 3 or 4 bases, coupled with keeping your clan closed or on invite only, then the spying becomes very much a moot point. If you don't want to go to that much effort than I would suggest that the spying really shouldn't bother you much.
    You are not serious are you?
    It's not about spying bother your or shouldn't, anyone that join CWL to compete will be bothered by spying. You mentioned about rotating 3 or 4 bases which will not be enough to stop spying since there are 7 opponents in a CWL, you need 7 different war base to completely make spying becomes very much a moot point.

It will certainly be much much better if the measures against spying is implemented across the leagues/tiers to stop spying issue once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKER44 View Post
    Do people really take CWL that seriously? Why would you even bother, unless your an all th 13 clan and at the top of the charts. If someone really worried about it just check clan history and move on. Can't see this as a priority on SC list of to do items.
    Happened last cwl in crystal 3, one clan tried everyday to join.

Some need every advantage they can get.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:32 AM.

I've been thinking about the thing I mentioned if there's an issue that may arise about it, or it just totally doesn't make sense,
    is it possible to have a disabling feature when someone joined during CWL?, let's say someone joins a clan, regardless if he was signed up from his original clan, the war button would be disabled on that clan.

For Regular wars, when someone joins, he/she would have to render N days of staying before the "war" button becomes enabled, or it will be on the discretion of the leader or any ranking member to let him pass or have the button manually toggled on.

For CWL, anyone who joins whether he/she is signed up on his/her original clan, jumping to another , the war button will be toggled off for the entire course of the league.

For regular wars, it really doesn't make sense for someone to see any battle information(regular or CWL) when being a "rookie" or a "new bloke", he/she must've accomplished or rendered something to be able to participate, contribute or join any war until everything is fulfilled.

For CWL, it also doesn't make sense to have anyone the ability to view the roster, the layouts, etc.. during the league, or the button being enabled at all, if he happened to be signed-up from a different clan (i.e his/her main clan), we can get something out of the Clan Games, when a player takes a challenge, he/she is already considered signed-up on that clan's clan games.

Edge case scenario where I remembered BloodyIrishMan mentioned the "spotter", I suppose this strategy wont be affected as we have "friend/social" feature in the game

I'm trying my best to think all the edge cases or any possible cons of this suggestion, I could've missed something, but this is as far as I can go.
    Last edited by maximooze007; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    snip...I'm trying my best to think all the edge cases or any possible cons of this suggestion, I could've missed something, but this is as far as I can go.
    The counter measure is already been implemented, but only applicable for Clans in Champion league.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-2020-Update

New members won't be able to view CWL screen or scout the war base of that clan, that includes regular members whom do not have any role in the clan (non-Elder, non Co-Leader, non-Leader).
    It doesn't matter if the new members are from another clan in the pool of 8 clans in a CWL, or from other clans outside of the 8 clans (since spy could be send from sister/brother clans which are outside of the pool of 8 clans).
    So the counter measure is already there and running.

As to why it wasn't implemented across the Leagues below Champion, that is still a mystery. For competitive's sake it should be done, and any reason I can think of is sacrificing the competitiveness of CWL below Champion.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    The counter measure is already been implemented, but only applicable for Clans in Champion league.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ng-2020-Update

New members won't be able to view CWL screen or scout the war base of that clan, that includes regular members whom do not have any role in the clan (non-Elder, non Co-Leader, non-Leader).
    It doesn't matter if the new members are from another clan in the pool of 8 clans in a CWL, or from other clans outside of the 8 clans (since spy could be send from sister/brother clans which are outside of the pool of 8 clans).
    So the counter measure is already there and running.

As to why it wasn't implemented across the Leagues below Champion, that is still a mystery. For competitive's sake it should be done, and any reason I can think of is sacrificing the competitiveness of CWL below Champion.
    Apologies If I'm sounding a bit stubborn, I have no chance of testing it and see it first-hand to be able to find something out of it, but I appreciate the efforts explaining it carefully.

I'm not saying I'm not (on behalf of my clan) affected or not concerned, though our mentality is just to enjoy, have fun, and just take what ever medals we can get from the CWL, its still unfair to have some special treatment on the top, without considering us on the bottom, what if we decided to be competitive and grind up towards the CWL ladder, this would be a pain in the butt.
    Last edited by maximooze007; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:57 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    His comments on the builder base were of interest, but last time I said that builder base lacked popularity I was threatened with an infraction, and informed that I no longer believe that. In fact, that moderator explained to me that I love the builder base and anyone who states otherwise is guilty of wrongthink. So I will not repeat his comments about the popularity of the builder base relative to the main village. But you should hear them.
    There is absolutely no chanceany moderator would say anything which could possibly be interpreted that way. Please do not spread malicious falsehoids.

There are circumstances where expressing your dislike in the wrong way or the wrong place could get an infraction. But we all know perfectly well that there are many who dislike it strongly, and they are fully entitled to that view.

And you appear tobe suggesting here that you are avoiding quoting something Darian said because it could get you in rrouble is frankly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    It was one of the questions fielded by Darian in the YouTube video "Clash talk with community manager" referenced in another thread.

If you have the patience to sit through translated interviews, he says, in essence, they added measures at the highest level because there could be cash on the line. The rest of the clans should be careful whom they accept into the clan.
    I watched and cringed when he said that since that is good advice for classic war, but not for CWL. It isn't a clan management issue because you can't stop players from going into a different clan in your league to see your war designs. All you can do is just constantly rotate bases.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Maybe not, but he also is hoping to see all of your clan's bases as well as the bases of the clans you already fought against.
    Yes i realize that but they would have to be invited into my clan, not just be my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Yes i realize that but they would have to be invited into my clan, not just be my friend.
    Or invited into a clan that you faced already so they could see the war base designs your clan used in that war.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Or invited into a clan that you faced already so they could see the war base designs your clan used in that war.
    Yes i know .... I was just giving my story of someone trying to spy on me and my clan. Thanks.