Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Livestream with Darian 03/06

Livestream with Darian 03/06

Q & A with Gouloulou (French content creator), Menerv (admin clashofclans.fr), Justine (french community manager I think?) and of course Darian, no need to introduce him.

The interview was divided in different parts, I didn't write down the beginning.
    PA means partial answer. So it's not the FULL answer, more arguments explanations might have been given, it tried to catch the essence. To be clear, I never wrote down the entire answer, but unless it's a PA it should have all the important parts.

Friendly Challenges

Q: Can we attack the base of a friends via his profile, even if he is offline?
    PA: No, because that would allow us to see the bases of all members in our clan, even if they don't want to.

Q: In brawl start players can design their own skins (on a website), could we have the same thing for CoC?
    A: It was created specifically for brawl start, would need to be created from the ground up, not out of questions (seems interesting).

Q: Will the war map be changed so it would look like the CWL map? (more modern/organized)
    A: Clan war is supposed to look different from the war league, but they are looking at map customization options.

API

Q: Are there information about the next API coming to the game, is there a team dedicated to it, more complete API for more stats?
    A: No team, client and server programmer working on it. API stuff tends to have low priority since those programmers work mostly on updates. There is a list of things they like to add, but they need to sit down with those programmers do decide what things on this list have priority. Until that happens the API won't be update. It's likely to happen after the summer update, and hopefully they'll be able to fit it in their schedule.

Q: Right now baselinks are stored for 1 month, could it be permanent?
    A: Each time a person clicks on the link, the deletion timer gets reset. It would be a waste of space to keep all unused bases.

Done for now.
    Last edited by Erik5839; June 3rd, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

the question, could we FC with the second army cooked got a 'good idea' form Darian and there is something coming in the next update. nothing specific.

'I would rather be lucky than good', as a small French chap once said.

Forum Veteran
    Here is the link for the ones speaking french

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkeyKkseMk

Quote Originally Posted by JustGreat View Post
    Here is the link for the ones speaking french
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkeyKkseMk
    Thanks for the link... i hoped Darian would try French, but he’s not ... lol
    It is live now, thought it was past, will take a look after work.

Darian's thumbs are abnormally long.... Alien confirmed....

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Thanks for the link... i hoped Darian would try French, but he’s not ... lol
    It is live now, thought it was past, will take a look after work.
    you are welcome

Forum Veteran
    the super witch is the new coming super troops and the inferno dragon, that's what Darian just accounced

From what I interpreted, I believe there were talks about having the option to choose to have BB or MV resources from season pass.

Watching now that I learned Darian responds in English, thanks for that. I can't understand the French parts, but I can get his answer and French sound so awesome anyway I don't mind

I was surprised by Darian's confusion about wanting to be able to FC against clan mate's bases even when they are not online by simply clicking on any of their designs. He suggested multiplayer is the practice, why not just do that, but that isn't at all like doing FCs against war designs. You lose your troops, you often don't see good designs (other than in legends where you are limited and don't really want to just try things out). I do get the part about wanting clash to be more about attacking other people and playing with others, not just playing alone, but the answer confused me a bit.

The possibility of being able to customize our war map in the future sounds very cool. I hope they pursue that.

Interesting that the SCID team is totally separate, but that they are looking into future improvements. It works perfectly for me for now anyway, but I thought that was interesting.

I also liked hearing that they have a very long list of quality of life improvements, but not so good to hear that they always put those last on the list of work to do.

Another interesting one: in response to the very common request to have clan war (and cwl donations) count in profile, Darian guessed that one reason is the achievements would be too easy. I never thought of that since the achievement is easy and done. I've always liked this request because it helps show on the clan page who is donating. They then did also discuss the more common response about how easy it is to inflate the numbers since the troops can be removed. Personally, I wish they'd compromise by counting the donations, but don't give any xp.

I think Darian missed the point a bit on the issue of clans with not all th12s in Champs1 and how that is a big advantage to the clan who faces them and gets more stars, thus earning a spot into the championships. An example was given of a clan with 10 th12s and Darian commented on how a clan with th12s that earns their way to C1 deserves to be there, but clearly a clan running 10 th12s did NOT earn their way to C1 with that roster. Instead, the problem is there are clans that make their way to C1 then after that they rotate in a lower roster of halls intentionally to drop out of C1 or because they want a break or whatever. The clans that face them that month have a huge advantage in total stars gained over the clans in leagues that have no such clan to get all those easy stars. While my own clan isn't in C1 competing to reach the championships, I can see why it is a big issue.
    Last edited by 2222; June 4th, 2020 at 03:12 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Watching now that I learned Darian responds in English, thanks for that. I can't understand the French parts, but I can get his answer and French sound so awesome anyway I don't mind
    Do tell anything important information if u get