Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why is this game so unbalanced at everything?

I congratulated and gave rep to a guy in the War Sub yesterday, simply because he rolled in with what he thought was a problem with the game mechanics, but after reading the replies, he thanked everyone for their help and heads up..

The reason for the reputation was that it is so uncommon for someone to recognise their views were based simply on a lack of knowledge and understanding..
    Hopefully he sticks around to learn a little.. there is a wealth of knowledge in the forums..

Alas, it is so rare of an occasion..
    For most, they simply continue to insist that the game is flawed, rather than listen to explanation..
    It would make for a much better playing experience for them if they asked questions, rather than continue with misconceptions and misplaced demands.

The game is a little unbalanced, really.

Specially the clan war league. You'll get matched with at least one clan that is filled with very high level THs even though your clan and the others have low THs in the field
    Last edited by Kapersky; June 4th, 2020 at 09:37 PM.

"The only necessary thing is strength."

Quote Originally Posted by Kapersky View Post

Specially the clan war league. You'll get matched with at least one clan that is filled with very high level THs even though your clan and the others have low THs in the field
    There should always be one or two stronger to move up. 1 or two weaker that need to move down. The rest somewhere in the middleish. Not supposed to be balanced.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Millennial Club

That is either they dropped down to win...or they are terrible at attacking. I've seen both... In fact this war....we have one that dropped down and one that is dropping down.

Match 1 had half TH13/Th12s (they should be in a higher league).
    Match 2 TH9/TH10/TH11...there is NO WAY they would be this high. Obviously they put in lower THs in order to drop down (they are sniping for stars...obviously trying to reach 8 for CWL max trophies for 8th place).

Average for this league is 2-5 TH13s, rest TH12/TH11.
    Last edited by pb913; June 4th, 2020 at 10:14 PM.

Got to admit that CWL is pretty unhealthy, it's a turn off for new players, new players abandon game because of this too. CWL it's just not fun.
    So if you're not Max TH 13, CWL is just a UH-OH, here we go again.
    But you can just say it's just not your style, it's "CLAN" war league, it's for the clan, not personal.

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonGimmeMoney View Post
    War league - So it puts the clan into league war silver 3 I believe it's. out clans has 21* total and the top clan has 65*. So to SC that's fair?

War - So in war it gives numerous th9 to their side and all th8 on our side. Yeah because our th8 can destroy their base, oh wait no we can't we don't even have a level 1 queen, but your right, they deserve a level 30 queen. Unbalanced much?

BH - So I'm level 7 BH with 1 more firecrackers to do up and then all walls to max, how is it fair that I've to go up against levels above me? Why cant SC change it so players only go up against there own rank? Why should rushed bases have a distinct advantage before the games has even started?

Revenge - All I ever get in this game is 1 - 2 levels above me attacking all the time. hardly ever my own TH level. I revenge and get a loss all time, rarely make a profit.

Why is the loot system dropped so TH above your takes even less resources from your base to stop them constantly attacking lower ranks?
    I have to wonder if you’re really reading the replies you’re getting here.

War League - The number for stars you have is not relevant to ANY discussion “fairness” or balance, especially so early into the season. That said...you may have exceeded your clan’s tier of best fit and, as such, you’ll see a much lower number of stars. Within CWL, there is what I call the “tier of best fit” - it’s the sweet spot where you will likely win half of your matches (so...3:4 or 4:3). As a lower level clan filled with lower level players, this is where you want to be and if you go above it before you are ready, you’ll take a pounding.

War - It sounds like your clan is maxing and many/most of your games are about ready to upgrade or just recently upgraded to TH9. That is a tough place to be. Whenever your clan’s weight hits that range, matches will become tougher. You’ll pull clans with low level TH9s and/or rushed clans. This a flaw inherent in any matchmaking algorithm and, believe it or not, the current matchmaker is much better at handling these situations than it used to be but there is only so much that can be done in any weighting system. (If you ask me, this is another good reason to rush to TH10.)

BB - This one is easy enough to answer. You’re not playing the game as it was designed. If you CHOOSE to play a game counter to its actual design, then the consequences are wholly your own. The BB is not designed to be maxed, so you’ve grown to a point beyond where you should normally be. Stop trying to play the BB like it was the HV.

Revenge - Regular multiplayer on the HV is all about choosing weaker opponents to attack so you can get more loot more easily. It’s not expected that players will attack their own and the matching system is not weighted. As such, it makes sense to hold on to your revenges until you are stronger than those who attacked you OR they have enough resources built up that you can sneak in for a massive payday.

As to the loot system...there is a reduction in the amount of loot available from THs lower than you and players only see opponents two levels below their own. Of course, if you leave a lot of resources in your storages/collectors, then the value of your hit will surpass the deficit of the penalty for hitting THs lower than your own. Don’t try to save loot - raid for what you need, spend it, then log off. Dump any excess into walls.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDawnAmber View Post
    Got to admit that CWL is pretty unhealthy, it's a turn off for new players, new players abandon game because of this too. CWL it's just not fun.
    So if you're not Max TH 13, CWL is just a UH-OH, here we go again.
    But you can just say it's just not your style, it's "CLAN" war league, it's for the clan, not personal.
    Huh. I do cwl with a near max 13 and newish 11. Still fun. And our lineup is th10 up. In masters 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Huh. I do cwl with a near max 13 and newish 11. Still fun. And our lineup is th10 up. In masters 3.

true, fighting all TH 13 with all TH 7-10 is very fun, very reasonable, and very interactive

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelDawnAmber View Post
    true, fighting all TH 13 with all TH 7-10 is very fun, very reasonable, and very interactive
    Every war? I'm sure you get a few but with those town hall levels you must be low gold or silver. We havent seen an all 13 clan yet.

Not so sure how it can be out of balance. The number of winners in any war is exactly equal to the number of losers.

In our CWL on day one there were 4 winners and four losers.
    On day two, 4 winners and 4 losers
    On day 3...
    Last edited by PapaTroll; June 5th, 2020 at 01:12 AM.
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?