Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question: CWL Search Algo

Others have answered the questions related to the pools, weight, etc. very well. Regarding when to get easier opponents, I've heard some argue the easier opponents are on the second day since they must not care much about CWL and the ones that care a lot are ready to go right away on day #1. I've heard others say the easier opponents are on day #1 because the serious war clans get in as many regular wars as they can. I've seen some attempts to post the hall break-downs on day one vs. day two I think. In the end, my clan ignores it all and just tries to time it out to declare war on the first day since the match is faster and gets us closer to our desired start time.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

You don't have to search early to get a match. Everyone WILL be matched. There is no reason to restart the search ever. Everyone WILL be matched. You will be matched with other clans in the same league so you will face the same rabble you would searching any other time, some stronger, some weaker. But you will be matched.

The best reason for searching a bit later is to give clan members an extra day or two to deal with the flood of resources that accompanies the end of every month. For example, the trader offers a BoH every ~10 days. If you give your clan about 2 extra days then maybe 20% of your clan has a chance to upgrade a hero, or finish an upgrade to have a hero available in CWL.
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    You don't have to search early to get a match. Everyone WILL be matched. There is no reason to restart the search ever. Everyone WILL be matched. You will be matched with other clans in the same league so you will face the same rabble you would searching any other time, some stronger, some weaker. But you will be matched.

The best reason for searching a bit later is to give clan members an extra day or two to deal with the flood of resources that accompanies the end of every month. For example, the trader offers a BoH every ~10 days. If you give your clan about 2 extra days then maybe 20% of your clan has a chance to upgrade a hero, or finish an upgrade to have a hero available in CWL.
    Some clans have reasons for starting late and others have reasons for starting early.
    Starting early-ish in most leagues will result in a fairly quick match (in most leagues) so you have more control over the start times of war, give or take a few hours. This can be useful for the co leaders schedule when there needs to be swapping of members.

There’s also slightly less risk your clan will be searching the whole sign up period which means a slightly less change of getting a league which isn’t full with 8 clans.

And of course searching early will result in less anxiety on the “will we get a match front”. Sure some people know you will definitely matched however when a few clan mates start to panic it spreads easily and then others get nervous and all it takes is one nervous co to trigger the cancel button which isn’t the best thing to do.

It all depends on what a clan prefers or fits them better.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

You don't get easier opponents when you search late(at least in Ch1 and 2,where it's more about skill as almost everyone is max TH13).
    We started CWL search in our Ch1 clan ,late on the 2nd day and we got matched at the end of signup.
    Our match is not easy by any means.
    Match include clans like:
    Blaze JP (Qualified in Poland multiple times last year,also in recent qualifier)
    SNT Elite(Have been in Top 10 in Ch1 CWL multiple times during past 6 months)
    2 Clans with winstreak 25+
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.