Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: NEW IDEA - UNIQUE HERO SKIN ABILITIES! Additional bonuses when Complete Sets equipped

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepRamseyUSASnipers View Post
    I agree I dont like pay to play or pay to win,
    But it is what you are proposing.

It really is quite simple. There should never be anything in the game which affects gameplay, and can only be obtained by spending money.

[
    but it is only 4.99 for the gold pass and for people who consistently get it each month ( in my opinion it is well worth the 5 bucks for the month long bonuses and extra items when you are on your way to th13. It is also the ONLY money I spend on games) it would be a nice lil extra game decision to make. The bonuses wouldn't haved to be anything significant either and the developers could offer up a free skin here and there under the events tab or something of that nature. Besides, gems and everything else is up for cash so it technically already is a pay to win scenario so it wouldnt cause any undo harm.
    Technichally, it isnb't even close to a pay to win scenario.

It is pay to speed things up.

There is nothing you can get by paying that you couldn't get in time without paying.

And the "Undue harm" it wold cause would be many millions of players quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    But it is what you are proposing.

It really is quite simple. There should never be anything in the game which affects gameplay, and can only be obtained by spending money.

Technichally, it isnb't even close to a pay to win scenario.

It is pay to speed things up.

There is nothing you can get by paying that you couldn't get in time without paying.

And the "Undue harm" it wold cause would be many millions of players quitting.
    If I call CoC pay to win the first CWL after a new th drops, would you agree with that?

Pay to progress faster can have a pay to win aspect if getting maxed faster gives you and advantage for certain events.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    If I call CoC pay to win the first CWL after a new th drops, would you agree with that?
    [
    No. Though I doubt there will be an update dropping a whole new TH just before CWL anyhow.

TH13 came the day after CWL ended.

Pay to progress faster can have a pay to win aspect if getting maxed faster gives you and advantage for certain events.
    By stretching the definition almost to breaking point, it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No. Though I doubt there will be an update dropping a whole new TH just before CWL anyhow.

TH13 came the day after CWL ended.

By stretching the definition almost to breaking point, it can.
    For most clans, yes th13 dropped after cwl, but there were some clans still in cwl when it dropped. The forums blew up with complaints.
    But I agree that this isn't/wasn't pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post

Nope. There is a huge difference between pay to advance faster and paying for a permanent advantage that free to pay players can never get. There has to be an advantage to buying stuff or people wouldnt buy it. The advantage in clash is time. I will max faster and with less farming time buying the gold pass than the equivalent free player. However, the free player can end up with the exact same maxed base at a later time. Pay to win is you get better units, defenses, etc that a free player can never match. Worse are pay to play games where you cant even progress at a reasonable rate without paying money. Clash does a really good job of balancing the advantage you gain paying against not punishing the free players.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    I'm with a number of others: ABSOLUTELY NOT!(!!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might just quit the game if anything Pay to Win is added. That will come down to the Almighty Dollar for those who have deep pockets who only play to be Top Dawg (pun unintended due to my username).

Why add extra abilities, TC, outside of having more buy the Gold Pass?

So you want clash to be cash based rather than skill? This is the last thing I would want to have though I spend a lot of money. I like the strategy based game that does not beg players for cash to win a match.?
    Last edited by MiniDeathclaw; June 3rd, 2020 at 01:16 AM.

Centennial Club
    I think to keep the game fair the hero skins may give an advantage to the hero in one aspect but cause a disadvantage in other aspect. For example, gladiator king will have more hitpoints when the skin is used but then will have less barbarians while using the hero ability.

Though this is just for the sake of discussion. Keeping in mind how it will make the game so complex, more for the developers, there shouldn't be any special abilities attached to Hero Skins. It is better that SC spend time in developing new content than take another complication like this.
    Last edited by Sahilagg8901; June 5th, 2020 at 09:14 AM.

Overall, coc is just a very very very very slow pace game. Not much new things, so you won't get overwhelmed.

Unlike games like Path of Exile, Oh my gawd, every 3 months, you got to study a Master degree.

Tho I still wish coc gives a different path for players that crave for new things, like what you said "unique hero abilities", doesn't need to be added to the core game, Clan War/Clan War League. Like somethings new and special from time to time, like those speical troops, but happen more often

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Hell no id say.

Already had some problems with the "Pay for convinienz" that comes with the goldpass.

Ofc you could make some visual effects that can effect the looking of the base, but never ever make the game Pay to win.