Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: NEW IDEA - UNIQUE HERO SKIN ABILITIES! Additional bonuses when Complete Sets equipped

NEW IDEA - UNIQUE HERO SKIN ABILITIES! Additional bonuses when Complete Sets equipped

So I was thinking that more people would buy the gold pass, and choosing and using different hero skins could be more fun and game involved if each Hero Skin had it's own small, unique bonus based on the type of skin being equipped. Nothing to unbalance the game, just something to make the Hero Skins a bit more exciting and valuable. For example, while the Primal Queen skin is equipped, her attack range could be increased by 1 tile due to her prowess with her weapon of choice. The Gladiator Queen skin, when equipped, could add an extra 25 points of damage per hit due to her arena earned toughness. When using the Primal Warden skin, due to his harsh environment and inate abilities and ancient artifacts, could add an additional 5% increase to nearby troops' health and damage outputs. When the Gladiator King Hero Skin is used, it would grant an additional bonus to damage and health due to his arena fighting days. The possibilities are endless. Also, when having Complete Sets of Hero Skins equipped, it could grant the player additional bonuses like an additional 10% bonus to training times, etc etc or the Heroes themselves could share in each others' special Hero Skin abilities when they are dressed alike. Each Hero Skin could also have a special ability when equipped and defending a player's base. Let me know what you think. This is just the tip of the proverbial sword
    Last edited by ShepRamseyUSASnipers; June 2nd, 2020 at 04:56 PM.

Can you say pay to win? The only way to consistently get hero skins is with cash. For now, there is nothing that affects game play balance that free players cant get. Heroes without skins have the same ability as those with skins. As it should be.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by ShepRamseyUSASnipers View Post
    So I was thinking that more people would buy the gold pass, and choosing and using different hero skins could be more fun and game involved if each Hero Skin had it's own small, unique bonus based on the type of skin being equipped. Nothing to unbalance the game, just something to make the Hero Skins a bit more exciting and valuable. For example, while the Primal Queen skin is equipped, her attack range could be increased by 1 tile due to her prowess with her weapon of choice. The Gladiator Queen skin, when equipped, could add an extra 25 points of damage per hit due to her arena earned toughness. When using the Primal Warden skin, due to his harsh environment and inate abilities and ancient artifacts, could add an additional 5% increase to nearby troops' health and damage outputs. When the Gladiator King Hero Skin is used, it would grant an additional bonus to damage and health due to his arena fighting days. The possibilities are endless. Also, when having Complete Sets of Hero Skins equipped, it could grant the player additional bonuses like an additional 10% bonus to training times, etc etc or the Heroes themselves could share in each others' special Hero Skin abilities when they are dressed alike. Each Hero Skin could also have a special ability when equipped and defending a player's base. Let me know what you think. This is just the tip of the proverbial sword
    Not a chance, that makes it pay to win. The only way to get skins is to purchase them and that would make them uNavailable to those who are free to play.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Can you say pay to win? The only way to consistently get hero skins is with cash. For now, there is nothing that affects game play balance that free players cant get. Heroes without skins have the same ability as those with skins. As it should be.
    I agree I dont like pay to play or pay to win, but it is only 4.99 for the gold pass and for people who consistently get it each month ( in my opinion it is well worth the 5 bucks for the month long bonuses and extra items when you are on your way to th13. It is also the ONLY money I spend on games) it would be a nice lil extra game decision to make. The bonuses wouldn't haved to be anything significant either and the developers could offer up a free skin here and there under the events tab or something of that nature. Besides, gems and everything else is up for cash so it technically already is a pay to win scenario so it wouldnt cause any undo harm.

Fresh Spawn
    I agree I dont like pay to play or pay to win, but it is only 4.99 for the gold pass and for people who consistently get it each month ( in my opinion it is well worth the 5 bucks for the month long bonuses and extra items when you are on your way to th13. It is also the ONLY money I spend on games) it would be a nice lil extra game decision to make. The bonuses wouldn't haved to be anything significant either and the developers could offer up a free skin here and there under the events tab or something of that nature. Besides, gems and everything else is up for cash so it technically already is a pay to win scenario so it wouldnt cause any undo harm.
    It is not pay to win with gems. Gems just get you to max faster, they don't add any attacking ability or make your troops do anything special nor do they give you extra levels beyond max. The only way to win is to be good at attacking with the troops and heroes you have.

First off, ya it's pay to win. You pay to get special abilities that free-to-play players don't have.

Secondly you said "Nothing to unbalence the game" and then proceeded so suggest giving the AQ one extra tile range. Contradiction much?

I am a strictly "free to play" player, I purchase nada. When a meet another maxed player in the game whom elected to spend money, they have zero advantage over me, all our troops are equal, defenses are equal, spells are equal, heroes are equal.

"Nothing to unbalance the game ..." But it would imbalance the game. No matter how hard I try, or what I do, the paying player would have an advantage, no matter how slight, that only money can buy. You tip the scales from "balanced" to "in favor of paying players".

[Ninja'd by cookiemonter]
    Last edited by rowman; June 2nd, 2020 at 05:37 PM.

Centennial Club
    Not in Reddit and never will be. #Wearenotredditforumers!
    I disagree with the statement saying it's already P2W. If you've ever played a truly P2W game, you'll know clash is not one of them. Even if it is P2W, it is functionally F2P. Further more, it would have to be a big enough buff to actually change some interactions, otherwise it would be pointless. If you are offering buffs like this for money, it is a functionally P2W game.

Lastly, for some people, 5 dollars a month is a lot. Don't think everyone who wants to buy it can.

If SC wants to kill the game,this would be a great way of doing it.The Gold Pass currently warrants only Faster Progress.Adding abilities,howsoever small,to Hero Skins would make the game P2W would chase away a lot of F2P players.

Just to add, what about those players who missed out on a skin because they started playing after it was introduced?
    They'd be at a disadvantage until that skin is offered for gems, if it is even ever offered.
    Last edited by joemann8478; June 2nd, 2020 at 06:29 PM.