Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone else find the order of events strange?

Anyone else find the order of events strange?

Now I play different than many but I have always found it odd that the pass season ends right when CWL begins. I have never been one to save books but use them fairly quickly. Gold or silver pass is completed usually half way through the season and I loot fairly efficiently. So few books are available when I get the loot at the end of the season. Then jumping right into CWL I sure wouldn't put a hero down for the next week.
    Just seems to be a strange order to things. I think games should begin in the early part of the season and CWL should be in the second half.
    What's everyone think? The only account I do CWL with is completely max so matters little to me.

It calls for strategizing and planning for upgrades. If one can't, one will suffer with plenty of loot standing there to be raided. It's perfectly balanced imo.

I have frequently suggested swapping the start dates of CWL and Clan Games.

Usually I get a response along the lines of "CWL is monthly. Monthly means it starts on the first of the month, not the 20th".

Others try to link it to ESL. As in the winners of Champions I need all the time possible to arrange passports and travel. I thought, the 20th was not only 20 days after the first, but also 10 days prior to the first.

Then there are those who insist you should simply sit on full DE storages for the last half month so you can use your BoH only on the first of the month. Some of us believe books are better used than saved, but to each his own plan.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; June 2nd, 2020 at 05:05 PM.
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?

So that strategy is to not attack in the middle of the month. So your storage can stay low. And just sit on your earned books until you get your free loot at season end? Yes I do see many doing this. I call them inactives! Is that what supercell wants is inactives? I agree to really accel at this game takes strategy. But shouldn't it encourage activity?

It's been beaten to death a few times. . Simply put, it favors those who use a little restraint and plan ahead. Contrary to what some seem to believe, it is quite possible to upgrade heroes without books and let the lab run during the rest of the month. Then have books ready to go when season ends. I used 5 books on my mini the first day of this season. Didnt even have to dump any excess into walls. Got a nice boost to troops and heroes right before cwl and plenty of space for more loot. Business wise, it also makes sense to have players full of loot and multiple book offers in the store.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    I also would prefer if they were switched. I love the Clan Games week of the month cause activity is good.. but then I get burnt out on being so active farming (I play 4 accts still. and typically get max points on 2-3 accts) then the next week is serious war (at least in my clan, regular wars are not required participation in my clan) for the entire week! again very active and at least for me more admin duty (which is a drag if I am honest)

the only nice part is I can collect my rewards from games up to the next week, so that helps me plan rewards a bit as far as using items or getting their gem equivalent..this in turn is another reason to see them flipped.

but whatever.. I deal just like the rest of you gals and guys do.. it cramps my style for a bit, but nothing I cant work around.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    There is little point to switching up the times of things when people canít be bothered to manage their magic items properly.

Either way things are planned and organized it will always be wrong for a certain group.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Not to mention that this timing is intentional on SC's part. People are more likely to spend/buy gems because of poor planning on their part.
    Want to upgrade a hero before CWL but used the book already? Don't have gems? Buy them.
    While I don't have the numbers, I'm sure SC makes some money off of people buying gems due to their poor planning and SC is not going to switch cgs and CWL or change the timing unless their is potential profit in it for them.
    Last edited by joemann8478; June 2nd, 2020 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Not to mention that this timing is intentional on SC's part. People are more likely to spend/buy gems because of poor planning on their part.
    Want to upgrade a hero before CWL but used the book already? Don't have gems? Buy them.
    While I don't have the numbers, I'm sure SC makes some money off of people buying gems due to their poor planning and SC is not going to switch cgs and CWL or change the timing unless their is potential profit in it for them.
    I assumed it was intentional. Someone said it's been discussed before. It must have been discussed here in purgatory where this stream got bumped. If it ain't in general I'm not going to see it. I have hands to play on a poker site where I can chat!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    I assumed it was intentional. Someone said it's been discussed before. It must have been discussed here in purgatory where this stream got bumped. If it ain't in general I'm not going to see it. I have hands to play on a poker site where I can chat!
    It comes up every month. It's right up there with "unfair cwl matchmaking" threads.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22