Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League imbalance

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenbearUK View Post
    Well we won our last war 27-10 as opposition decided not to use most attacks. 😀

Highlight was our TH8 two starring a TH10 with infernos.

Today we are against our league leaders and being well beaten because we’re outgunned.

Highlight was our TH8 nearly two starring a TH11 with Eagle but archer got shot at the last. 😥

It reminds me of wars of old where you attack your opposite +1 or +2.

Finding that our top 3 attacking their 4-6 is guaranteeing 9 points each war if required.

I think we’d do it again CWL and will keep updating as to how we do this season.

GB
    nice work

cwl is a very different mindset with only one attack per account. lower halls that get good at jumping can help out immensely to winning wars against heavier opposition, which since y'all are clearly good attackers is mostly what you will be facing. it was frustrating at first but I've grown to enjoy the search for bases that i can jump for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    i thought putting medals in at the get-go was a poor idea ever since CWL was rolled out. If It had no medals right at the beginning, it would never have had any medal farming exploits, advancing through the leagues would have meant so much more than it does today, there would be no complaining about teams tanking, teams would actually show up consistently and have made it far more competitive and IMO your clan ranking would overtake regular war as the actual indicator of how good a clan really is Since there is only 1 attack and no MM.

All that being said, the medals are there today and folks have expectations that they will always be there. Any effort to remove them Now will drive folks crazy and yes, half would never even bother with CWL. Hindsight is 20/20.
    If there were no medals then it would widen the gap further, clans that would participate would only do it for loot and fight at waylower leagues. All you would need to do is take an all 13 roster to gold 2 and use just a few attacks, and the rest to loot the top base.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    If there were no medals then it would widen the gap further, clans that would participate would only do it for loot and fight at waylower leagues. All you would need to do is take an all 13 roster to gold 2 and use just a few attacks, and the rest to loot the top base.
    it has been so long since I cared about loot I have forgotten. remove loot and medals then. Make it about competition and nothing else. No loot to worry about, no medals to farm, no winstreak to chase and no MM to try and beat. That makes it pure competition and promoting means everything.

As another thought, leave CWL as is for the farmers. Set up a new CWL as I described and that one is the one that allows you to enter the playoffs. I suggested a few years ago that competition and farming should never be together, this would be a good time to separate them into two modes.
    Last edited by Tosti111; June 6th, 2020 at 05:17 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

it has been so long since I cared about loot I have forgotten. remove loot and medals then. Make it about competition and nothing else. No loot to worry about, no medals to farm, no winstreak to chase and no MM to try and beat. That makes it pure competition and promoting means everything.
    If this was the case,I don't think even a quarter of clans participating in the CWL would have participated,especially in the lower leagues.Some of the lower clans participate just for the medals.And some of them are already complaining about the lack of matchmaking,in CWL.This would leave out the top clans,who don't care about the medals or loot,even at present.So why fix it if it ain't broken?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #75

As another thought, leave CWL as is for the farmers. Set up a new CWL as I described and that one is the one that allows you to enter the playoffs. I suggested a few years ago that competition and farming should never be together, this would be a good time to separate them into two modes.
    Doing it before CWL starts might have been a good time (if by "good" you mean "Not utterly bad"), but even then, I think it would have resulted in a pretty well complete failure of CWL.

Doing it now is a complete non starter.

i thought putting medals in at the get-go was a poor idea ever since CWL was rolled out. If It had no medals right at the beginning, it would never have had any medal farming exploits, advancing through the leagues would have meant so much more than it does today, there would be no complaining about teams tanking, teams would actually show up consistently and have made it far more competitive and IMO your clan ranking would overtake regular war as the actual indicator of how good a clan really is Since there is only 1 attack and no MM.

All that being said, the medals are there today and folks have expectations that they will always be there. Any effort to remove them Now will drive folks crazy and yes, half would never even bother with CWL. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Wow, speak for yourself. Personally I LOVE cwl and look forward to it every month, and the medals are great!! I’m not looking for another super competitive scene. We already have clan wars as a test of skill, cwl as a test of strategy is a great monthly change of pace.

Forum Elder
    I didnt say I hated it, I accept it for what it is, a quasi competitive ladder to medal farm and develop your base quicker. For those less than a fullmaxed TH13 clan, it is not truly a pure competitive environment. I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting such an environment where farming, winstreak chasing, casual warring and competition are not at odds with each other such as we have today. As witness to that dynamic, look at the complaints about engineering in regular wars (casual warring vs winstreakers) or cwl mismatch complaints (farmers vs competitive folks). Creating a truly competitive environment where only those with that focus would join would IMO be a good thing. Not everything in this game has to be about medals or loot or books or rewards. Give true competition a place at the table too.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    I think it is more of medal allure, take the medal out, will show the real CWL spirit, with more then 50% clans drop it out.

While more then 3Millions clans still doing classic war regularly without Medal and double loot

I didnt say I hated it, I accept it for what it is, a quasi competitive ladder to medal farm and develop your base quicker. For those less than a fullmaxed TH13 clan, it is not truly a pure competitive environment. I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting such an environment where farming, winstreak chasing, casual warring and competition are not at odds with each other such as we have today. As witness to that dynamic, look at the complaints about engineering in regular wars (casual warring vs winstreakers) or cwl mismatch complaints (farmers vs competitive folks). Creating a truly competitive environment where only those with that focus would join would IMO be a good thing. Not everything in this game has to be about medals or loot or books or rewards. Give true competition a place at the table too.
    If I am anything less than a max 13, why would I waste my time with something that doesnt advance my base? For those who purely want a competition, there are multiple war leagues. From Darian's latest interview, they are looking at or working on ways to enhance the friendly war tool to better support them.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    If I am anything less than a max 13, why would I waste my time with something that doesnt advance my base? For those who purely want a competition, there are multiple war leagues. From Darian's latest interview, they are looking at or working on ways to enhance the friendly war tool to better support them.
    Not sure why you would say that folks don't do anything that doesnt advance their base, i have heard hundreds of times on these forums that you ‘dont war for loot’. in regular war, that is the only thing that could possibly advance your base yet folks still do it.

Not sure why you would say that folks don't do anything that doesnt advance their base, i have heard hundreds of times on these forums that you ‘dont war for loot’. in regular war, that is the only thing that could possibly advance your base yet folks still do it.
    There's quite the difference between I dont war for the loot and I'm willing to war with no rewards other than warring which is what you seem to suggest.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22