Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Limit the power of co-leaders

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Co-Leaders being able to create unlimited numbers of co-leaders is the root of the problem.

In early clan days, you have to give co-leader to people who are relatively new. Later, you have to wind back that laxity.

I finally did it with a rule: If you (Co-leader) promote someone to Co-leader who proves unsuitable, you get demoted too.
    Although many clans do give CO out willy nilly, especially when the clan is new, not all clans do that. Many clans are run by folks with real life experience that has taught them that unproven promotions are a very bad idea.

I do like your rule to correct unwarranted promotion, it corrects less than optimal decisions retroactively.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Co leaders are meant to be assistant leaders.So,they are bound to have some powers.If you do not trust them,simply refrain from giving them co.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Ain't the player who is stupid, but rather the one whom promted them.

Gump👏.....

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactic123 View Post
    Yes it is leaders duty but sometimes even trusted members can commit this because you don't know who is behind the screen , and I am more concerned about beginners who want good level players for cwl and those players ask for promotion to help what he could do in such situation and this will not impact much on normal players as no one wants to kick more than 5-10 players per day
    So basically, you are asking Supercell to protect weak leaders who promote without good reason.

Decent leaders don't promote anybdy new who asks for promotion. In fact in most successful clans, anybody asking for promotion within a few weeks of joining would be kicked.

A big NO from me.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Co-Leaders being able to create unlimited numbers of co-leaders is the root of the problem.

In early clan days, you have to give co-leader to people who are relatively new. Later, you have to wind back that laxity.

I finally did it with a rule: If you (Co-leader) promote someone to Co-leader who proves unsuitable, you get demoted too.
    I got 40 unique members out of overall 48 (including their subs), half of them are my co-leaders, so far I never had any problems with them, although it may look awkward to see a clan where almost everyone is co-lead , some of them asked for it, some of them were my decision, what ever the reason I don't mind, I own the clan, everyone of them knows that its my sole responsibility for everything that happens around.

You just have to be accountable and assertive to everything, doesn't matter if you promote all 49 to co-leads, its just a "rank" and some few freebies.

And agree, if you messed it up, you get demoted, if there's no way of saving you, then kick.