Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Matchmaking Criteria

Fresh Spawn

Matchmaking Criteria

Guys i just want to ask how is the matchmaking being created ? i mean im th10 and im facing sometimes high level opponents.
    my friend advised me to reduce the number of medals to almost 700 ( bronze league) and i will face somehow easier opponents.

my question is , does reducing the medals help me face weaker opponents ? despite if im th11 or th12 ? does the th level effects the matchmaking .

please advise

The th lvl affects matchmaking below the champion's league afaik.

Fresh Spawn
    so if i upgraded to th 11 i wont find weak opponents ?

If you're finding a lot of higher level opponents, you're in a league where you shouldn't be.

Generally speaking;
    Th10 -> crystals
    Th11 -> crystals/masters.

My experience,
    Th12 -> around 26-2700. I have a th12 in that league
    Th13-> around 3150, ch3. Main account

Quote Originally Posted by EngSAM View Post
    so if i upgraded to th 11 i wont find weak opponents ?
    You will.
    Don't trophy push and utilize the next button. That's how most people farm.

What does 'high level' mean to you ... there are TH11 with TH8 defenses, would you call those high due to the TH? Why would you want 'weak' opponents? Do you mean you only want to attack dead bases? The trophy range is most of the equation in finding an opponent in multiplayer...

Guys i just want to ask how is the matchmaking being created ? i mean im th10 and im facing sometimes high level opponents.
    my friend advised me to reduce the number of medals to almost 700 ( bronze league) and i will face somehow easier opponents.

my question is , does reducing the medals help me face weaker opponents ? despite if im th11 or th12 ? does the th level effects the matchmaking .

please advise
    well Mamba 24 youshould not rush , the problem with this is that you will lose easily and then be angry
    i am your in game friend i saw your TH 10 with 55 EXP well you should not rush and try to upgrade archer tower and point defenses before upgrading your TH

and to the person who is saying that you are getting matched with high level opponets because you are trophy pusher is

that you are wrong
    I am TH12 (rusher )
    but i am in Champion league 2
    see that

and also reply
    Last edited by Harjas2369; June 2nd, 2020 at 10:10 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

please advise

If you are below Champions league, then the matchmaking will normally find bases within 1 TH of your own about 90% of the time, within 2 levels at least 90% of what is left, and very rarely ones 3 levels off from yours.

So as a TH10, about 90% of the bases you will see should be in the range TH9 to TH11, with about 9% or a bit more being TH8 or TH12 (and if you are in Crystal or Masters that will be almost all TH12), and a bit less than 1% of the time, TH7 or TH13 (which again will be almost all TH13 if you are in Crystal or higher, there are very few Th7s or Th8s there).

If you drop to a lower league, then yes, you will see more lower TH bases, just because there are more of them there.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Harjas2369 View Post
    well Mamba 24 youshould not rush , the problem with this is that you will lose easily and then be angry
    i am your in game friend i saw your TH 10 with 55 EXP well you should not rush and try to upgrade archer tower and point defenses before upgrading your TH
    That is your opinion.

Many people do rush, and enjoy doing so.

and to the person who is saying that you are getting matched with high level opponets because you are trophy pusher is

that you are wrong
    No they aren't. There is no doubt whatsoever that the higher you go in trophies, the higher the opponents you tend to get. That is fact, not opinion.

I am TH12 (rusher )
    see that

and also reply
    That has no relevance.

Although there has been some question about it recently, the last thing we were told by SC was that once you reach Champions league, TH is no longer taken into account.

So at that point, you just get a random selection of the bases that are available - and as a TH12, there is only one higher TH level anyhow, so you can't see too much above your own.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Harjas2369 View Post

that you are wrong
    I am TH12 (rusher )
    see that

and also reply

do you mean i will loose defensively or offensively or both ? because general speaking , i dont care about defense, all what i care for is to find weaker opponents with alot of resources , inorder to gather and upgrade.

what makes me interested to upgrade is that when upgrading to th11, i will get the grand warden who will protect my troops while attacking and i will open the super troops thing.
    i dont know if that would atleast balance , but you are right i should max my troops inorder to be able to withstand against higher rank bases.

all what i care for is to attack and win , for me , currently im being matchmaking with hard and medium difficulty opponents , so im not trying to attack the hard, until i max my troops

but if upgrading to th11 will make me find difficulty to find medium opponents, then i wont do this step for sure
    Last edited by EngSAM; June 2nd, 2020 at 10:29 AM.

do you mean i will loose defensively or offensively or both ? because general speaking , i dont care about defense, all what i care for is to find weaker opponents with alot of resources , inorder to gather and upgrade.

what makes me interested to upgrade is that when upgrading to th11, i will get the grand warden who will protect my troops while attacking and i will open the super troops thing.
    i dont know if that would atleast balance , but you are right i should max my troops inorder to be able to withstand against higher rank bases.

all what i care for is to attack and win , for me , currently im being matchmaking with hard and medium difficulty opponents , so im not trying to attack the hard, until i max my troops

but if upgrading to th11 will make me find difficulty to find medium opponents, then i wont do this step for sure
    OK... what you are referring to are the 'dead bases' people talk about in game and here on the forums. These are bases where the mines, pumps and drills haven't been emptied and some of the defenses like inferno and for TH11 eagle are 'empty'... x-bows can be empty too.

For this, many say to 'stay in your farming range'. In our clans quite a few people farm with only baby dragons in the range from 2100 to 2600 trophies. If they get above that, they farm with goblins to go back down (goblin knife strat).

I'm not sure why you are hung up on getting the warden 'to protect your troops'. That 'protection' is quite limited and, especially when a warden isn't maxed for the TH level, the warden tends to die quite quickly... Also, the super troops will cost you 50k Dark Elixer PER WEEK of use, after which you CANNOT use the troop you used the week before. Are you aware of those limitations AND the huge cost? Your DE will most likely be much better spent on upping your heroes and troops to the max level for your TH before you go higher in TH. What is your goal when you go to TH11? Just get the warden? and then? ....