Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League Involuntary Participation

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFaceGuy View Post
    Should we remove the clan perks as well? Why would a th9, who can join a level 5+ clan, join a lower level clan?
    Should we decrease the points required for higher tiers in clan games too? Why would a th8 join a clan which can't unlock all the tiers when he can join a clan which can?
    What relevance do those things have to what he said?

Making a clan is easy; keeping it, is difficult, and it should be.
    Why do you feel it should be?

A th7 shouldn't be able to run a clan because he can now spam "daragon donating free co clan" in the global...wait, what am I talking. They fixed this issue.

I often wonder, all these weak, pathetic clans, why don't they just use the awesome recruitment tool and march their respective clans to glory, valhalla and beyond.
    I suspect in your thinking, most clans are "weak, pathetic" clans.

That is a pretty elitist attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahilagg8901 View Post
    Isn't it the person's choice if he wants to hop on to clans anytime ? What problem or inconvenience does it cause to Supercell or to the clans?

Secondly, if player has dropped itself from a clan only after knowing that war will start at a designated time then what is the problem?

There is no logical justification when you say that clan which I left will suffer from sign up as if I would be an interested player I would stay when clan war league starts otherwise it shows that I am not interested to be part of the clan.

Real loss to permanent clan and player is when other clan is able to put the player in cwl and person has no choice to back out.

How is it risking the playing styles of the players?

Also it would be a great QoL change as many players have similar complaints and if it can come with the next update which I'm guessing would be end of this month.
    Come into my parlour, said the spider to the fly..

To be fair, the leader probably didnt even look to see who was or wasnt there before he spun..
    CWL is a clan wide event, with medals on offer for anyone enrolled, even if they dont make it onto the war day roster, so he likely just spun with the default all in option..

And since you made yourself a member when you joined, welcome to your new clan.

Forum Legend
    Isn't it the person's choice if he wants to hop on to clans anytime ? What problem or inconvenience does it cause to Supercell or to the clans?

Secondly, if player has dropped itself from a clan only after knowing that war will start at a designated time then what is the problem?

There is no logical justification when you say that clan which I left will suffer from sign up as if I would be an interested player I would stay when clan war league starts otherwise it shows that I am not interested to be part of the clan.

Real loss to permanent clan and player is when other clan is able to put the player in cwl and person has no choice to back out.

How is it risking the playing styles of the players?

Also it would be a great QoL change as many players have similar complaints and if it can come with the next update which I'm guessing would be end of this month.
    You're looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
    Simply stay in the CWL Clan you want to be in from the moment the CWL window opens until the time your Clan has found a CWL.
    Take this as a lesson learned to not hop during CWL signup period in the future.
    You can always return to the clan that signed you up and do CWL there this month, assuming they might put you in the active lineup.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    The option is called patience.
    Im in this camp. why leave before you own clan starts the search? looking like its better to delete those troops (Esp if they are in your extra army que).

Also as soon as the search starts, it prompts in chat, why didnt you say anything to admin right then?

anyhow, consider this a lesson learned... and wait until your clan starts CWL search before hopping and being a generous clasher..

hopefully they will allow you to attack being as how they ran search without 'your permission'.

its only a week so it will be over soon.

sorry bro (or ma'am). time to make some Lemonaid with that cart of lemons.

This is just another example of the disadvantages of clan hopping.
    My advice is always "find one good clan and stick with it".
    How were you planning to return to your home clan? You would need someone to accept your request to rejoin, but your reason for leaving was that there is no one on-line to request reinforcements?
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    This is just another example of the disadvantages of clan hopping.
    My advice is always "find one good clan and stick with it".
    How were you planning to return to your home clan? You would need someone to accept your request to rejoin, but your reason for leaving was that there is no one on-line to request reinforcements?
    Whatever Guys.

But it will be a good feature to add as it will prevent some bad happening to players. I did not seek a feature to be added in clan war. I sought it for CWL as it comes once every month and that too for 7 days. It was really frustrating to have been playing for a clan i didn't want to.

And I don't know for how much time have you played the game Troll but there is some feature known as anyone can join and a bookmark clan feature.
    Last edited by Sahilagg8901; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:43 AM.

Forum Elder
    Whatever Guys.

But it will be a good feature to add as it will prevent some bad happening to players. I did not seek a feature to be added in clan war. I sought it for CWL as it comes once every month and that too for 7 days. It was really frustrating to have been playing for a clan i didn't want to.

And I don't know for how much time have you played the game Troll but there is some feature known as anyone can join and a bookmark clan feature.
    You clearly haven't thought this through. It wouldn't be "a good feature to add". It would, in fact, be a very bad feature to add; it would break CWL.

Your not so neat idea would mean some clans being unable to field a full 15 or 30. Just think about the consequences. Aside from the obvious disadvantages of fielding 14/29 or fewer, what happens to the opposition? Who lucks out on stars which are needed to get max medals?

You got yourself into this, but instead of just accepting that you did something unwise, you want to make changes to the game that could negatively impact many players. Get over it OP & be wary of hopping during next CWL sign-up.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Whatever Guys.

There are wise decisions and poor ones and sometimes poor ones have undesired consequences. Now you can expect the whole world to change or actually learn from your poor decision and take some responsibility for it.

You're dead set on a feature to prevent you from making poor choices yet
    You fail to see how this feature would be bad for many clans
    You fail to see how this feature would be bad for many players as well
    You fail to see how your hopping out during such a crucial time can inconvenience your clan in some ways.
    You fail to see how such behavior can rub off on clan mates, leaving your clan leadership with the issue if everyone is back in time.
    You never accounted for any possibility of not making it back in time for whatever reason for your clan.

And all of the above just for a few lousy troops you desperately feel the need to donate. Just remove them or dump them in the single player as so many players do. It ainít that hard to stay put just for those 2 days in the month.
    In hindsight those troops werenít so important now as CWL were they. Then act accordingly.

But yea whatever...

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

I wanted to play clan war league for my clan. I went to a new clan for donating but in that 2 mins of stay they put me in a cwl without asking me. I want out . There should be an option for staying in or out of the cwl for clans. Wasteful 7 days and another month of wait for next clan war leagues.

Very very frustrating.
    I think this one falls under 'clan management issues'. I think the general stance on this from SC is to not interfere.

In any case, this is a really really minor issue among all the players participating in CWL. Minor issues, especially player created ones, shouldn't warrant a solution from SC.

Your 'fix' would create more problems that it would solve. All kinds of people forgetting to change their status back, clans unable to participate, people accidentally left out.

The best solution is just don't clan-hop until your home clan has spun CWL. Simple.