Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Specified searching

  1. #11
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Wouldn't everyone just search for the max on everything? I know I would and if everyone searches/attacks max resources then all that are left would be the junk everyone is skipping.

    If your trying for legend league then yes you will find more th13s you shouldn't be getting higher than them as a th11.

    There shouldn't be an "easy" button.
    Well doesnt everyone search until thry find good loot anyways? What does it change?

    And it doesnt really make sense “If your trying for legend league then yes you will find more th13s you shouldn't be getting higher than them as a th11.” Cause people drop trophies all of the time, there’s always gonna be higher th’s that youre higher than. Also whats wrong with being higher than a th13?

  2. #12
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by squhei View Post
    Im not trying to pin this idea on trophy pushing though, im just saying itd help out others in the situation. Yeah trophy pushing does take effort, i know, its attacking that take the effort and the determination, it shouldnt take up 40k+ coins just to find someone with 5+ trophies to attack, and i feel that as you progress as a th you shouldnt be able to search for th’s below yours cause thats like bullying lol.
    So basically, you want it easier for everyone except those higher than you? You want to poach higher THs for their loot buthigher THs have to struggle to fill it up for you to raid easier?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  3. #13
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    So basically, you want it easier for everyone except those higher than you? You want to poach higher THs for their loot buthigher THs have to struggle to fill it up for you to raid easier?
    Do you know how hard it is to get loot out of higher th’s? The only way is if you got your storages on the outside but then youd still lose a lot of trophies. Also the higher ups could always revenge if they wanted to.
    Last edited by squhei; June 1st, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Erik5839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by squhei View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to get loot out of higher th’s? The only way is if you got your storages on the outside but then youd still lose a lot of trophies. Also the higher ups could always revenge if they wanted to.
    Just drop trophies? Seems like the easy solution that already is in the game.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by squhei View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to get loot out of higher th’s? The only way is if you got your storages on the outside but then youd still lose a lot of trophies. Also the higher ups could always revenge if they wanted to.
    I see multiple issues with this...
    1. Filtering the available bases for attack will only make clouds worse
    2. If multiple people search same criteria, who gets the available base?
    3. Next button already accomplishes majority of this
    4. People would find a way to exploit this system

  6. #16
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    I see multiple issues with this...
    1. Filtering the available bases for attack will only make clouds worse
    2. If multiple people search same criteria, who gets the available base?
    3. Next button already accomplishes majority of this
    4. People would find a way to exploit this system
    I dont see howd its make the clouds worse if the bases are under the tabs, that wouldnt make sense.

    First come first serve, two people cant attack one base at the same time.

    Next button also would take up more time and more gold.

    And big deal, someone always exploits every system, you cant change that, that why you find the problem, fix it and put it in the next patch.

  7. #17
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It's not on the ruled out list that I see. However, think about it logically. Anyone searching would set high loot parameters and spend hours in the clouds. As for town hall level, if you are clouding, you are in at least mid titans. That is the playground of th13s and 12s. That is what you will get. There arent many 11s there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Wouldn't everyone just search for the max on everything? I know I would and if everyone searches/attacks max resources then all that are left would be the junk everyone is skipping.

    If your trying for legend league then yes you will find more th13s you shouldn't be getting higher than them as a th11.

    There shouldn't be an "easy" button.
    +1 on both post!

    People must understand what causes clouding to begin with. It is because many are looking for a base to hit, while few bases are available. People sit waiting in competition for the next base to become unshielded, any base at all. It is not that there is a multitude of bases, and it is refusing to give them to you.

    So, you say for instance you want at least a +20 offering, when clouding is a 1 minute wait on average for any next base. And let us say 1 in 10 bases can provided that. (The pyramidal hierarchy of Titans decrees there are many more below you than above you). So do you then get such a base after a 10 minute wait? Nope! Do not fool yourself that if the game allowed "targeting" that you would be the only one doing it. So base comes up and 50 others did the same as you, sorry one of them got it, maybe you will be the lucky one in an hour or two.

    Then there is the act of "targeting" itself. I came real close to deleting the game years ago because of certian widespread cheat the did exactly what are requesting. Fortunately, Supercell banned those players, targeting ceased, and once again became playable. In those days, once stores where full, you would be ☆☆☆ immediately upon log off. They targeted you and had the army ready to crush you immediately. With "no targeting" you have a chance, just random pool assignment. Maybe the person crushes you, maybe the only had Gob's cooked looking for open pumps and mines. Once the "targeters" were banned, I went from a 100% guaranteed 3 star upon logoff with full stores to less than 10% probability.
    Last edited by rowman; June 1st, 2020 at 06:57 PM.

  8. #18
    Specified searching probably wouldn't speed up your search. Many people often look for high trophies or high loot, and if everyone is looking for those bases, there probably aren't enough to go around.

    Searching should be random. Period. No targeting.

  9. #19
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7
    I thought id just post a new idea supercell would might work on to improve their game. Every (if, and, but, however) has a possible solution itd just take time

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by squhei View Post
    I dont see howd its make the clouds worse if the bases are under the tabs, that wouldnt make sense.

    First come first serve, two people cant attack one base at the same time.

    Next button also would take up more time and more gold.

    And big deal, someone always exploits every system, you cant change that, that why you find the problem, fix it and put it in the next patch.
    So there are 1000 bases that you can search total. You set your parameter and of those 1000, 25 match your parameter. So now you have thousands going after 25 bases rather than a 1000. Making clouds worse as you need to wait longer for bases to open up. Or you can keep getting "no bases match your selection" since they will all be gone.


    So if there is an option already in tbe game for this, but cost more time and gold, why would you need this? Is this a free filter or does it also cost gold to search.? No idea why you would want to reinvent the wheel.


    Legend league got exploited, i see this being the same. It basically creates an easier way to trophy share at lower ths and leagues...

    Do you get to see the base before attacking? Can you select certain base styles to attack? Lot of gray here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •