Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why the hammer of building does not work for gear ups?

Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    Your knowledge of SC's thought processes is unprecedented outside company HQ I would imagine. I think it's highly likely that they have discounted numerous ideas/improvements because of the coding overhead required.
    Kinda agree with that.

Otherwise all imaginable QOL improvements would be in the game, as options of course.

Upgrade: raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the master builder is doing.
    I'd call gear-ups more of a rework than anything, as they gain something over their normal counterpart, but also lose something, so I wouldn't place them at a higher standard over normal defenses.

Using a HoB on gear-ups is something that I think would be nice, but it's also something that probably doesn't have to be touched upon. There are only three gear-ups as of now as JohnnyPC mentioned, where a BoB can do the job, and the HoB can be used on the big, important upgrades imo.

Main Account (TH13): Darkwind™ | Alt Account (TH11): DARDANIUS

Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 15 - Crystal III)

Forum Elder
    Nonsense, of course it is an upgrade...
    Actually many of us would argue that they're downgrades; especially the Multi-mortar.

I do use the Double Cannon, the others were just a means to an end.
    Last edited by Kaledonian; June 1st, 2020 at 06:17 PM.

Nonsense, of course it is an upgrade. SC has just not bothered with the code to differentiate from a regular upgrade to the defense and a gear-up upgrade hence you can't use the BoB.

Agree that coding overheads get factored in when thinking of future development. But gear-ups a supposed to be more of an alternate to the current building and no one was supposed to receive any advantage by gearing up buildings. This much was stated to the community when they were first released.

An upgrade is intended to give a player an advantage after completion. A gear-up is not... That is the fundamentals difference.

Different functionality - Yes.
    Competitive advantage - Allegedly No.

HoB only works for building upgrades (Competitive advantage) and not gear-ups (No alleged advantage)

Is this the case due to coding overheads...? We will never know, so the best we got is SuperCell intended it to be this way for 1 reason or another...

But is has been stated SuperCell would like to work on many more QOL changes that they had not had time to do.

Is this something of high importance...?
    Definitely not.
    Last edited by zok000; June 1st, 2020 at 06:29 PM.

Forum Superstar
    It's not an upgrade, it's cosmetic if anything. That being said, i don't see why a hammer shouldn't work anyway.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Gear up is not an upgrade.
    It shows up onthe upgrade list. It takes a builder (BH) for a period.

Why would it not be an upgrade? The hammerof building works in both villages,so it isn't the factit is the BB builder.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    Not often do i shake my head at a comment as everyone is entitled to their opinion/point of view however to say supercell couldnt be bothered with adding the code is a staggering answer and totally wrong its simply not how the hammer has been designed to work its ment for upgrades not gear ups it really is that simple had sc wanted it to work on gear ups i can assure they would have done the code for it and not said nah cant be bothered lets leave it as is
    You are "shaking your head" at a comment based on something which is entirely your own speculation.

You state as fact something which is entirely opinion. Unless ofcourse you were actually working for SC when the hammers were designed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It shows up onthe upgrade list. It takes a builder (BH) for a period.
    It should be called a todolist.

Why would it not be an upgrade? The hammerof building works in both villages,so it isn't the factit is the BB builder.
    For me it is a pointless conversation. One will say gear up is an upgrade and other will say no.

Gear up is a gear up and the building remains at the same level just with different stats.
    Upgrade grades a building up to a new level.

The description in the game is pretty clear. Hammer is for "upgrade" and not for "gear up".

https://imgur.com/XgW94Nh
    https://imgur.com/uWPyOwA
    Last edited by wotanwaton; June 1st, 2020 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    For me it is a pointless conversation. One will say gear up is an upgrade and other will say no.
    And yet your entire argument is based upon the outcome of said 'pointless conversation'

You can switch between the modes of the building after the gear-up. So if gear-ups are upgrades, does that mean when I change my mortar back to normal from being multi-mortar, I've downgraded it? Because it still has same stats as it had before gear-up 'upgrade'