Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why the hammer of building does not work for gear ups?

No hammer or regular builder could gear up only the MASTER BUILDER himself.... That is why he is called to our home village to DO it. Now speaking of the BOOK it is to finished the job either upgrade or gearing up.... I dont know why Ajax pointed out that the hammer can be used in the builder base So.. The original poster is asking WHY THE HAMMER OF BUILD DOES NOT WORK FOR GEAR UP? The answer is only the MASTER BUILDER can do that....

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by kristojesus View Post
    No hammer or regular builder could gear up only the MASTER BUILDER himself.... That is why he is called to our home village to DO it. Now speaking of the BOOK it is to finished the job either upgrade or gearing up.... I dont know why Ajax pointed out that the hammer can be used in the builder base So.. The original poster is asking WHY THE HAMMER OF BUILD DOES NOT WORK FOR GEAR UP? The answer is only the MASTER BUILDER can do that....
    That is absolutely NOT the answer.

I have no idea why you don't understand why I pointed out that the hammer can be used in builder base - where all upgrades are carried out by the MASTER BUILDER.

If the answer was that if it requires the MASTER BUILDER then it can't be done with a hammer, then nothing in builder base could be done with a hammer.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That is absolutely NOT the answer.

I have no idea why you don't understand why I pointed out that the hammer can be used in builder base - where all upgrades are carried out by the MASTER BUILDER.

If the answer was that if it requires the MASTER BUILDER then it can't be done with a hammer, then nothing in builder base could be done with a hammer.
    OTTO can presumably do any upgrade the master builder can other than the ones necessary to get OTTO for obvious reason.

My first response is the answer per the game itself:
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    The Hammer of Building info states it “will instantly upgrade any building to the next level”. A gear-up is not the next sequential level but a lateral upgrade, thus the HoB cannot be used.
    A gearup is a building upgrade which is why the BoB works (completes an upgrade, not just an upgrade to the next level) while the HoB does not.
    Last edited by toofinedog; June 2nd, 2020 at 02:09 PM.

my friend Ajax.
    I'll follow your logic,

If the answer was that if it requires the MASTER BUILDER then it can't be done with a hammer, then nothing in builder base could be done with a hammer as you stated..
    hammer is for upgrade to the next level as many had pointed that is why we CAN also use hammer in the builder base for LEVEL UP...

BUT if the builder base has gear up in itself then you can NOT use that hammer for GEARING UP. First you should have resources to gear up PLUS the master builder himself and then you can now use your book of build.... I think I made my point..why I said before that there is no gearing up in the builder base. The OP is asking why the hammer of build does not work with GEAR UP.

my friend Ajax.
    I'll follow your logic,

If the answer was that if it requires the MASTER BUILDER then it can't be done with a hammer, then nothing in builder base could be done with a hammer as you stated..
    hammer is for upgrade to the next level as many had pointed that is why we CAN also use hammer in the builder base for LEVEL UP...

BUT if the builder base has gear up in itself then you can NOT use that hammer for GEARING UP. First you should have resources to gear up PLUS the master builder himself and then you can now use your book of build.... I think I made my point..why I said before that there is no gearing up in the builder base. The OP is asking why the hammer of build does not work with GEAR UP.
    The answer is just because. There is no logical reason it won't. Book of building does. Hammer of building should. It's not a big deal but it is logically inconsistent. On the other hand, you can complete the construction of a new building with a book but you cant hammer it. However, the book of building description says will complete one upgrade. Initial construction is not an upgrade yet the book works.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The answer is just because.
    This

we should never forget that when we log in we are logging in to a virtual world where SC is god, or maybe Eino is, and what they/he decree/s is Law.

good luck Trying to apply real world logic

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The answer is just because. There is no logical reason it won't. Book of building does. Hammer of building should. It's not a big deal but it is logically inconsistent. On the other hand, you can complete the construction of a new building with a book but you cant hammer it. However, the book of building description says will complete one upgrade. Initial construction is not an upgrade yet the book works.
    hehe ok its no biggie....let alone continue your discussion, leaving the thread now.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #58
    my friend Ajax.
    I'll follow your logic,

We know all this.

But you were saysing that the REASON why it doesn't is that it needs the MASTER BUILDER.

All I was saying is that cannot be the reason because other things which need the MASTER BUILDER can use hammers.

But in the end, we can guess at reasons all we like, unless SC come out and say, we don't know why.