Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why the hammer of building does not work for gear ups?

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    The Hammer of Building info states it “will instantly upgrade any building to the next level”. A gear-up is not the next sequential level but a lateral upgrade, thus the HoB cannot be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Hammer of building works in Builder Base, so that is not the explanation.
    There are no gearing up in the builder base...

Centennial Club
    Gear up is not an upgrade, but i hope SC can expand the usage of HoB for gear up in the future.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    The Hammer of Building info states it “will instantly upgrade any building to the next level”. A gear-up is not the next sequential level but a lateral upgrade, thus the HoB cannot be used.
    There you go

its a Building and Construction Union regulation

and you don't want to get into a demarcation dispute with those guys

just be glad your builder is still turning up for work every day and that he is literate enough to use a BoB

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    There you go

its a Building and Construction Union regulation

and you don't want to get into a demarcation dispute with those guys

just be glad your builder is still turning up for work every day and that he is literate enough to use a BoB
    Preach!!!!

I love seeing the arguments back and forth which obviously is neither right or wrong, I remember the recent post about "gambling", I can't imagine how would I stress myself laying down my thoughts around my limited grammar, just to point out the idea would break the game.

Anyway...

For the entirety, whether Gear Up is equal to Upgrade or lets say its "Up-Gear", I feel like the "gear-up" feature is a one-time special change on a defensive building that will never happen again after the 3 (but maybe sc will add another one), or it wont happen on the same defensive building again. So I think its perfectly fine if Book/Hammer of Building is not allowed to be used on it.

Or should we ask sc for a "Book of Gear" or "Hammer of Gear", will this solve the issue?

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I never checked it yet as I don't have any Builder Potion available in-game, but Builder potion works on Master Builder's gearing up progress right?
    Last edited by maximooze007; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    The description in the game is pretty clear. Hammer is for "upgrade" and not for "gear up".

https://imgur.com/XgW94Nh
    https://imgur.com/uWPyOwA
    How about the in-game description of Book of Building? Does it says complete an upgrade, or both upgrade and gear-up?
    I am sure Book of Building is able to complete a gear-up.

Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    Upgrade: raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the master builder is doing.
    Yes and no.
    Upgrade in Clash of Clans is something that only add HP and DPS, without any additional weakness after the upgrade.
    But gear up on the other hand, does not increase any HP on the defense, adding additional DPS, but it comes with certain weakness (shorter range for both Cannon and Archer Tower, no added weakness for Multi Mortar but same DPS as before gear up).

But, I do feel that Hammer of Building should be allowed for gear up, same with Book of Building allowed to complete a gear up. Not game changing, not much impact, you still have to pay for Hammer of Building with hard earned medals.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    How about the in-game description of Book of Building? Does it says complete an upgrade, or both upgrade and gear-up?
    I am sure Book of Building is able to complete a gear-up.
    Unfortunately, it can't.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Unfortunately, it can't.
    Just checked to my upgrade journey, it can.
    I completed both Archer Tower (7 days) and Multi Mortar (14 days) gear up with a Book of Building each.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Just checked to my upgrade journey, it can.
    I completed both Archer Tower (7 days) and Multi Mortar (14 days) gear up with a Book of Building each.
    Just to make sure , i bought the current offer, during my double cannon gear from a sub-account, yes it does!, when did this happen? I remember it wasn't.

Well all discussions are concluded then.
    Last edited by maximooze007; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:04 AM.